ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Expectations?

I’d like to expect hosting a regional. That’s a regional expectation for the program.

Having said that, I think the cupboard is a little more bare than most Gamecock fans want to believe. I’d like to see us win 40 games and have a shot at an at large birth in the tourney. I actually think we miss this season. Rome wasn’t built in a day and I don’t believe the offense will improve enough to win. The SEC is the best college baseball conference in the country and you might could argue the baseball history is even deeper than football.

My hopes:
Win Clemson series
Finish in top 8 of SEC, top 3 of East
Host a regional

Wouldn’t be surprised to see:
1 win against Clemson
About 35 wins
4th in East, struggling to make tourney or missing

A lot of this hinges on who are #2&3 guys are and can they Win 8 games and be the support to what Adam Hill should bring..... if they step up and the closer can close my anxiety will decrease!

Offense depends on how quickly the coaches can instill more discipline at the plate. I have no doubt it will improve, the question is how long it will take. Defense depends on how often the pitchers can hit their spots. Pitch calling will win a lot of games if location is there.
Both issues will take time but we should be playing pretty well come regional time. At the very least, I think we win a regional that we may not host.

While in normal seasons, this is obviously a "yes", that is a bit lofty for this season. Regional appearance is reasonable this season.
We've got enough residual program eminence and talent on hand to do better than a mere regional appearance if we have indeed improved our coaching. If we don't get to a super regional - whether we host or not - we will have under-achieved.

We've got enough residual program eminence and talent on hand to do better than a mere regional appearance if we have indeed improved our coaching. If we don't get to a super regional - whether we host or not - we will have under-achieved.
Not this season. It will take a full season for all the issues that we had to be corrected. We will see improvement, but not making a Super will not be underachieving. I don't think you quite realize just how bad the problems were, and we have way too many questions with pitching.

Not this season. It will take a full season for all the issues that we had to be corrected. We will see improvement, but not making a Super will not be underachieving. I don't think you quite realize just how bad the problems were, and we have way too many questions with pitching.
We sent the only problem that was keeping us from bigger things to Charleston. You'll see.

The roster is full o highly recruited players...I think we are better than advertised but suspect on pitching depth..#2 seed in a regional
With just a little offense last year and we are in Omaha! Good timely hitting can mask a bunch of pitching issues. We just need to score more!

So let me guess; You're saying, "Host a super regional year one or you're done".

Doesn't matter. If that old man out at Rice could coach into his 80s, then Ray could have coached longer also. I'm mad about his preferring to be a garden variety AD while he was still young enough to be the greatest college baseball coach of all time.
Then you are a very petty and childish individual.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Doesn't matter. If that old man out at Rice could coach into his 80s, then Ray could have coached longer also. I'm mad about his preferring to be a garden variety AD while he was still young enough to be the greatest college baseball coach of all time.
I thought you were a more mature person than this.

Positive streak over “our king” is back !

Ray is the man #1 retired accordingly

I bet you were one of the people that wanted him fired after 2009 since it appeared he couldn’t win it all with our brand new shiny state-of-the-art field, huh?

Sure Ray could have coached longer. In doing so, he could have also made himself look foolish, since his heart may not have been in it. Better to retire from coaching on top. Oh yeah, he also is much better than a "garden variety" AD!

Reactions: atl-cock
Sure Ray could have coached longer. In doing so, he could have also made himself look foolish, since his heart may not have been in it. Better to retire from coaching on top. Oh yeah, he also is much better than a "garden variety" AD!
Way better coach than AD. And none of this speaks to my being mad. I'm mad at what he wanted, if what he wanted is why he abandoned coaching the baseball team.
If I had been bothered by 2009, I would have remembered it. I still remember the 1984 Navy football game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT