ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Minion??

NaturalGC7

Aug 22, 2014
Concord, NC
Yeah I'll hire you, but you gotta hire my guys. I understand and appreciate Jerry M. and the pitching coach job, but Lake is a huge stretch.

We basically sucked hitting this year, but Lake is retained? As our hitting coach? If that's the case, WOW.

I was wondering cause haven't heard his name.
Would some of you please read the article. Lake is a volunteer asst and for those that don't know, he is a well respected coach and has great relations with high school coaches in our state.
Coach Kingston would have brought his pitching coach but he got the head gig at USF. Coach Meyers is one of the better pitching coaches in college baseball and would have landed a job if he had not been retained. When the pitching coach from USF took head job Coach Meyers was a no brainer.
The pitchers on staff have nothing but praise for Coach Meyers. Coach Kingston is smart enough to know the lay of the land and recognizes Coach Meyers is an asset or he wouldn't have retained him. And for those that are trying to say Coach Tanner forced Coach Kingston to keep Meyers you are way, way off.
But hell, many of you aren't happy unless you're bitching so have at it.
For me, heckuva 4th with family, great day for football recruiting and I think the energy is very positive for our new coach. Go Cocks!!!

Would some of you please read the article. Lake is a volunteer asst and for those that don't know, he is a well respected coach and has great relations with high school coaches in our state.
Coach Kingston would have brought his pitching coach but he got the head gig at USF. Coach Meyers is one of the better pitching coaches in college baseball and would have landed a job if he had not been retained. When the pitching coach from USF took head job Coach Meyers was a no brainer.
The pitchers on staff have nothing but praise for Coach Meyers. Coach Kingston is smart enough to know the lay of the land and recognizes Coach Meyers is an asset or he wouldn't have retained him. And for those that are trying to say Coach Tanner forced Coach Kingston to keep Meyers you are way, way off.
For me, heckuva 4th with family, great day for football recruiting and I think the energy is very positive for our new coach. Go Cocks!!!
Chill out. No problem with Lake etc. Just wondering about Espo. Coaching changes aren't made anyway on what you or I think. Have a good evening.

Chill out. No problem with Lake etc. Just wondering about Espo. Coaching changes aren't made anyway on what you or I think. Have a good evening.
Wasn't aimed at you, sorry if it came off like that. Just frustrated that some don't read the articles and spout negativity when they don't have a clue.

Great post. Almost too much logic and reality for some.
The staff will be fine.

most on this ignorant board must not understand at all how dam good stuart lake & jerry meyers are. I knew they were both staying no matter what. Those 2 were with RAY in the beginning at USC before they both left to take head coaching jobs. The 2000 team was the best team we ever had that didn't win it all.

most on this ignorant board must not understand at all how dam good stuart lake & jerry meyers are. I knew they were both staying no matter what. Those 2 were with RAY in the beginning at USC before they both left to take head coaching jobs. The 2000 team was the best team we ever had that didn't win it all.

You knew they were staying no matter what??? If Billy Mohl wasn't hired by USF you knew JM was staying? If O'Sullivan or McDonnell came here, you knew they were keeping JM and Lake??? You know exactly what the rest of us know and your opinion is no more or less valuable than anyone else's.

Can we just get behind Coach Kingston??? He hasn't even lost a game yet.

Yeah, ok. Right!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT