ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball vs. Tennessee Live Thread (Game One)

Williamson does his job with a grounder to third. 5-0 at the stretch.

Zedalis gets the first two but then goes double, HBP, walk and is being lifted with the bases loaded and two outs.

Austin Williamson is in the game now, which I don't really understand after going with two leverage relievers earlier. If you wanted Williamson to pitch, just start with him in the 7th? Either way he's in with the bases loaded.
Kingston is a moron, you shouldn’t be surprised.

Reactions: cockofdawn
1-2-3 with three flyouts. Lindsey has retired 13 in a row and might be looking at a complete game at this rate. 5-0 after seven. Williamson back to work.

Cocks continuing with their powerful offense. Last series averaged 1.7 runs a game. Starting this one at a big 0. Just when you thought the hitting couldn’t get worse….jeeeeezzzzz

This would be the second pitcher to go a complete game against us in the last 2 SEC series. The bats have completely died in the second half of the season. This went from being the most exciting team to watch to the most frustrating.

1-2-3 for Williamson. All of the high leverage arms will be available tomorrow, if nothing else.

5-0, mid 8th.

If you’re not listening to the game on 107.5. You’re missing a treat. These guys are awesome.

Andrew Lindsey has retired 16 batters in a row, and we're heading to the 9th in a 5-0 game. Jackson Phipps is pitching.

A month ago we thought we could be the top overall seed in the country. Now it's looking like we could barely limp into a regional on the road.

Phipps works around a leadoff single. Last chance for the Gamecocks, down 5-0. Lindsey is on the mound going for a complete game.

Vols going to the bullpen now to see if Aaron Combs can finish this one up.

Wow, Lindsey retired 18 straight and was 2 outs from a complete game and they pulled him???? I cannot understand that one, but hopefully it backfires.

Final: Tennessee 5, South Carolina 0
Gamecocks were flat all night, with just three hits. Now lost 8 of 9. 37-16, 15-12 SEC.

Last day of the regular season is tomorrow, and South Carolina will likely have to sweep the doubleheader to stay in a hosting spot. First pitch 2 p.m.

That was painful. Absolutely dominated. The run totals have been dropping and we finally threw up a goose egg. I guess it cannot get any worse.

If I'm not mistaken, we've scored a grand total of 5 runs in the last 4 SEC games. Amazingly we won the middle Arkansas game 3 - 1.

I'm back on the fence as whether Kingston deserves another year. Something good has to happen in the next few weeks to change my mind.

Hope you guys enjoyed the free edition of the live thread despite the loss. You can find these for every major gamecock sporting event on the Insider’s Forum or by clicking the link on the front page.

Where exactly is the leadership on this team? It appears they have just rolled over and packed it in. Who are the players stepping up and getting somebody’s face to hold them accountable? Have yet to see it from Kingston. Was not a problem in the glory days.

Where exactly is the leadership on this team? It appears they have just rolled over and packed it in. Who are the players stepping up and getting somebody’s face to hold them accountable? Have yet to see it from Kingston. Was not a problem in the glory days.
Just saw the in game Kingston interview of game 2. He is attempting to live off what the team was doing more than a month ago. Says we are struggling BUT we were really good before that.

Looks like we're facing our third straight Nolan Ryan in SEC play. Our hitters have completely lost confidence and seem to have no clue anymore. We just look defeated.

Maybe the light switch turned on? Stranger things have happened. We need both of these to stand a chance of hosting. Liking the momentum all of a sudden.
Hope so. Kinda felt if we won one of the last two series and avoided getting swept, we should host. Hopefully we'll go into this last game with more confidence than we have been.

Reactions: roosterbell
I think winning this rubber match and one win in Hoover should do the job. Hate to depend on Hoover for anything, however.

If we get in a couple of situations in this final game where we can play some smallball and manage to do it well, I'd like our chances in Hoover a whole lot more. If we go to Hoover with rust all over our short game, we go home home early. We will not muscle our way to wins in Hoover.

Stinking error upsets the apple cart. Looked like Lecroy handled the hard part but just couldn't grip the ball.

Amazing how things just go south after a simple error.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT