ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball 2017-2018

Slapaliberal

Feb 6, 2017
Forgive me. I am not a recruiting expert. I cant name you one player coming in next year. Do we have anyone that can replace Thornwell's offensive output? I am deeply concerned about us offensively when he leaves.
Thanks!

Alright, is this serious or are you joking? lol. I keep reading that he is a bust. OR is that the other big guy that's a bust?

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

Dear troll,
Yes, Kory Holden is red shirting this year. He is 6'3" SG who averaged almost 20 ppg for Delaware last year. David Beatty is a 4**** SG recruit out of Philly who is a prolific scorer. Gravett and Felder should have more opportunities.
There is the expectation that both Silva and Kotsar game's will grow. The biggest leap forward will be from Seedee Keita who has done very little this year. He was expected to be a strong defender and rebounder this year but broke his shooting hand wrist 6 weeks before the season. He is still wearing a brace and it has rendered totally ineffective on the offensive end hence his total lack of playing time.
There is also great excitement about Ibrahim Doumbia who is an extraordinary athlete and 6'7" small forward. He has only been playing BBALL for 3 years. He is a slasher/leaper/scorer

Dear troll,
Yes, Kory Holden is red shirting this year. He is 6'3" SG who averaged almost 20 ppg for Delaware last year. David Beatty is a 4**** SG recruit out of Philly who is a prolific scorer. Gravett and Felder should have more opportunities.
There is the expectation that both Silva and Kotsar game's will grow. The biggest leap forward will be from Seedee Keita who has done very little this year. He was expected to be a strong defender and rebounder this year but broke his shooting hand wrist 6 weeks before the season. He is still wearing a brace and it has rendered totally ineffective on the offensive end hence his total lack of playing time.
There is also great excitement about Ibrahim Doumbia who is an extraordinary athlete and 6'7" small forward. He has only been playing BBALL for 3 years. He is a slasher/leaper/scorer
Don't patronize the tater.

Reactions: debordieu cock
If Dozier returns next season, he will be South Carolina Thornwell. I am confident that eventually Gravett and Felder will consistently boost South Carolina scoring production. Before their playing days are at South Carolina, Silva and Kotsar will be solid.

I'm hoping SC fans don't expect a NC, Duke , Kent. or Kansas type program ever.. If so you're going to be disappointed.

Watch SC basketball and if SC can win 20 every few years great

Villanova..no way....Villanova, home of multiple national BBall championships......and defending champs
Two....but you're right. I remembered them underperforming (relatively speaking) from the mid 80s through the early 2000's. Though they were still consistently making the NCAA Tournament, they generally weren't going far into it.

Two....but you're right. I remembered them underperforming (relatively speaking) from the mid 80s through the early 2000's. Though they were still consistently making the NCAA Tournament, they generally weren't going far into it.

i knew it was 2.. but saying multiple made my point stronger, lol.. after all 2 is could be construed as multiple

Reactions: rogue cock
Dear troll,

Troll? What are you, 15 years old? Grow up.

In my opinion, it should be a collection of pretty much all the players mentioned above. You don't want to rely on one player, however (in a perfect world) you want your upperclassmen be the leaders during critical points during the game and also during the season. FM has constantly talked about Sin, Duane and Justin being the leaders of the team because they are the seniors, they have been through the bad times and grown with the progression of the team.

Having said all that, there is no replacement for a player like Thornwell. With the assumed maturation of players like Silva, Kotsar, Gravett, and Felder; their games should all be better. Their understanding of the system and experience from this year should pay dividends next season. A healthy Sedee and as others have mentioned, the incoming guards should provide a scoring boost. Of course, if PJ returns that will be great.

I am more concerned with the big men coming in. In my opinion, that is what has hurt us in a few of these losses. Our bigs are not quite mature enough to play aggressive defense without fouling. FM has also stated this with the depth at the 4 and 5 spots...it will not only help with the fouls, but also challenge current players to step their game up in practice as well as the games.

Forgive me. I am not a recruiting expert. I cant name you one player coming in next year. Do we have anyone that can replace Thornwell's offensive output? I am deeply concerned about us offensively when he leaves.
Thanks!

Thornwell will be hard to replace. Felder and Gravett will replace him and Notice. It would be great sign a 5-star guy but we cannot count on that. Right now, i am worried about this year. They seem to run out of gas toward the years end. It looks like last year, although this team has been better.

If Dozier returns next season, he will be South Carolina Thornwell. I am confident that eventually Gravett and Felder will consistently boost South Carolina scoring production. Before their playing days are at South Carolina, Silva and Kotsar will be solid.

Keeta should contribute next year too. Think his injury set him back some.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT