ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest: have any of you changed your season-end-record prediction as a result of today's game?

paleoorthocock

Dec 14, 2004
I know: it was Charleston Southern. I personally did not alter mine. I'm still at 4-8. I'd be more apt to change my prediction after next week. But I'm curious to know if anybody did. I'm not ready to mock anybody who did. I'm just wondering if anybody now sees us winning a game that last week you had us losing.

Not really . Awesome performance but not sure Charleston Southern would beat Rock Hill . I think how we lose next week will be a great measuring stick . If it’s a tough game we might find a way to get bowl eligible . If they drop 50 on us I doubt we win 4 . Agree that the games against Kentucky and Mizzou will be telling . We lose one or both of those and it’s downhill . Hillinski looked fantastic but it’s hard to measure against a JV team . Either way Hillinski gives us a much better shot than Jake . I think the determining factor is how good or bad we are defensively.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Today's game doesn't change anything. Charleston Southern got blown out by Furman last week, so it really doesn't tell us anything except we were able to run up the score on a bad FCS team.

I’m a little bit more optimistic now. It was just Charleston Southern, but does anyone think Bentley would have performed better than RH today? I don’t think so. I wish Bentley a speedy recovery and all the best, but I think we have upgraded the QB position. I question whether we would be 2-0 if RH had started against UNC, and that’s on the coaches.

Bottom line, I’m cautiously optimistic that we may find a way to get to 6 and build for a brighter future. That’s the best case scenario, but I believe it’s possible. Also, Harris is a freaking stud. We have a stacked backfield between Dowdle, Feaster, Denson, and now Harris.

I think Hilinski can bring some life into the offense. Maybe that’ll energize the entire team and get the defense to step up their game. But if the defense can’t stop the run, I’m not sure how much it really matters.

I watched some of Mizzou. They flipped the switch. I was thinking we beat them but now I doubt it. I was originally at 7 but after last week went to 3-4. I'm sticking to that.

Reactions: ILSEB
I watched some of Mizzou. They flipped the switch. I was thinking we beat them but now I doubt it. I was originally at 7 but after last week went to 3-4. I'm sticking to that.

I think Missouri is going to be Jeckyll and Hyde. Will depend on which one shows up. They looked like garbage at Wyoming. Looked tough today.

Reactions: vacock#
I know: it was Charleston Southern. I personally did not alter mine. I'm still at 4-8. I'd be more apt to change my prediction after next week. But I'm curious to know if anybody did. I'm not ready to mock anybody who did. I'm just wondering if anybody now sees us winning a game that last week you had us losing.
I think if hillinski played last week. We win last week

It gives me more hope for winning against the likes of Missouri, Kentucky, Vandy, App St, Tennessee. Still don't think we have a chance against Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, A&M. Florida maybe just because it's at home. It really comes down to our defense and ability to run the ball

I am sticking with 6-6 for now. Hilinski looked very good.

Yes, it was a bad team. But we have played bad teams many times before, even during the Spurrier good years, and not beat them nearly as convincingly. It was a positive sign for the future.

Don't know if we have played teams that bad. If so, who? Teams like the Citadel and Furman beat Charleston Southern by 30. Not to take anything away from today and it was really needed to dominate like that, but I just don't know if some fans know just how bad Charleston Southern is even compared with the other "lower level" teams we play.

I’m not sure Alabama will be any better of a measuring stick than CSU (for different reasons obviously). Our season will still hinge on teams like Kentucky, Mizzou, Tennessee and Florida.
Hopefully we compete with those teams as closely as we competed with UNC because I'm not sure UNC is anywhere near as good.

No.

I'm going up from 4 to 6 wins if Hilinski and Harris sustain drives that give our defense some time to rest with some motivation mixed in.

Not really. But I do think the odds of us beating a ranked team or someone we aren't supposed to beat has gone up.

Yes. 7 wins that include a lot of toss up games. Many of you don't see other bad or inconsistent teams on our schedule.

Reactions: rogue cock
Why do you think App State is a win? Just wondering because even though App St is only in it's 2nd year of D1 football, they were solid last year.

Being in the second year really means nothing. They have played high end football for a long time. They have scheduled D1 teams for years.

They don’t have the overall talent to theoretically compete for 4 qtrs, but theory goes out the window when you get smashed in the mouth.

Reactions: HI Cock
It gives me more hope for winning against the likes of Missouri, Kentucky, Vandy, App St, Tennessee. Still don't think we have a chance against Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, A&M. Florida maybe just because it's at home. It really comes down to our defense and ability to run the ball

Mizzou is going to be a tough one. KY will likely be a 4th qtr game. Vandy and TN should be in good hands by half time.

App is just a tough one. I don’t care how many times you tell your guys do not take them lightly, you just do.

You just look at the heights and weights and think that these guys can’t hold a candle to you. Then you show up thinking you get walk thru the game and the next thing you know you are only up 3 as the third qtr ends.

If we get 7 I'll be more than happy. I was hoping for 8 before the season started but I just can't see it after the UNC loss. There are still a lot of good teams on our schedule. Like someone else said, we need to take care of business against teams like Kentucky, Vanderbilt, UT, Missouri. We can't afford to lose any of those games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT