ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest: have any of you changed your season-end-record prediction as a result of today's game?

6-6 UT,vandy,app state, and we will find 2 more. UGA,taters,,uf,am,mizz, UK, bama,

We might have a chance against Mizzu and UT. A lot of times when some team like UT is down playing us is just what they needed to turn their season around. Hopefully we can win a few more with our new QB.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I know: it was Charleston Southern. I personally did not alter mine. I'm still at 4-8. I'd be more apt to change my prediction after next week. But I'm curious to know if anybody did. I'm not ready to mock anybody who did. I'm just wondering if anybody now sees us winning a game that last week you had us losing.

Nope...unless we draw a UK team minus their starting quarterback. He was hurt last night and removed from action.

Why would this game change anything? Did anybody actually think that a victory over a JV team actually gives any indication of a change in fortune? Two weeks ago quite a few on here were romanticizing about surprising one of the power teams on the schedule. How we do against Bama will be a better barometer than any victory over a CSU.

Ask me after next week. The good: Hilinski looked spot on with just about every throw.

The bad: Charleston Southern was one of the worst teams I ever laid eyes on. Reminded me of Kent State when Fat Brad was here
Hilinski looked good, but we will finish 3-9 or 4-8 this year. Best case is 5-7.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I’m not sure Alabama will be any better of a measuring stick than CSU (for different reasons obviously). Our season will still hinge on teams like Kentucky, Mizzou, Tennessee and Florida.

Hilinski will still go through some growing pains. I always feel this is how we are supposed blow these D2 schools out no matter the qb. I still don't expect more than 4 wins

Not sure. Seldom do I go through the schedule and choose which games....it just doesn't work out. Teams aren't static throughout the year (as losing to UK a week after beating Bama will show). With our younger players, especially on defense, I simply believe we will show improvement throughout the year and have a decent chance at winning 7 games. And I don't put a ton of weight on first games, first games are always iffy.....barely beating NCSU and losing to Vandy in otherwise good years.

My original pick was actually 6 with a good chance at 7.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Nope. I still say four wins, maybe five. Especially after that turdfest up in Charlotte last week. I thoroughly enjoyed Hilinski's debut, and he's the reason we might get that fifth win. But our defense still plays out of position, isn't physical, can't tackle and lacks fundamentals. And until I see different, Muschamp still plays tight and conservative on offense in big games.

I say we beat Vandy, App St. and one, maybe two out of Mizzou, UT and UK.

Nope. I still say four wins, maybe five. Especially after that turdfest up in Charlotte last week. I thoroughly enjoyed Hilinski's debut, and he's the reason we might get that fifth win. But our defense still plays out of position, isn't physical, can't tackle and lacks fundamentals. And until I see different, Muschamp still plays tight and conservative on offense in big games.

I say we beat Vandy, App St. and one, maybe two out of Mizzou, UT and UK.
#beatKentucky

Reactions: Legendary Cock
How can you predict 7-6 when you don't even know who a possible bowl opponent would be? Are you saying 7-5 and a bowl loss or 6-6 with a bowl win?

Do do Do do! Do do Do do! Welcome to The Twilight Zone!!! Good Pick Up! THANKS!!!
I walked away, scratching my head, knowing it wasn't right. That's why I wrote 'That's my story and I'm sticking to it'. LOL!!!

6-6 ... after this, if we do make it to a bowl, I'm betting the house, we win, regardless of who we play ... LOL!

No. CSU is the worst team we've played in a VERY VERY VERY long time. It was fun to watch and good to get a look at Hilinski, but it's gonna be a rude awakening this Saturday. Very rude.

No. Sticking with 6. Great to see the team enjoy a game. They played well.

Bama could going to get out of hand quickly, but should be great assessment tool for defense and o-line.

UM and UK games to follow are critical to the program and this coaching staff. Just hope we can stay healthy b/c no doubt Bama is going to bring the heat.

Being in the second year really means nothing. They have played high end football for a long time. They have scheduled D1 teams for years.

They don’t have the overall talent to theoretically compete for 4 qtrs, but theory goes out the window when you get smashed in the mouth.
App State is the only FBS program with no losses or ties in at least four bowl appearances, and it has accomplished that feat in just four postseason-eligible seasons. (11-2) also matched the 2015 team for the best final record since the transition.

I said 7 before season. 4-5 after UNC. And still think 5-7 is most likely.

However... don’t think 6 is out of the realm of possibility.

Kentucky, Mizzou, Tenn, App State, Vandy are all games I’d think we have a shot in. But would be surprised to see us beat all 3 of the first 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT