ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer to change Logo, Uniforms and Helmets?

I’m probably the least interested person when it comes to weekly “battle armor” reveals...but...if I was going to make any change to our uniforms, it would be the helmet logo.
Yeah, yeah, the block C and Gamecock are traditional around here. It just seems sort of busy to me. I’d prefer something simple and memorable. Maybe just the Gamecock claw/spur. Nothing else. Kind of like the FSU Spear.

Take that opinion & move to Siberia! Might as well worship Satan with thoughts like that.

• Haha
Reactions: TheReelEss
Yeah lets go nike maybe Colin Kaepernick can come and give some inspiring talks to the team about social justice

Ya well having Nike seems to work out well for Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Tennessee, unc, Clemson, Michigan, Florida, Ohio St, Penn St, Oregon, Iowa, usc-w and many more. An none of them have had him come give speeches so I'm sure we would be ok.

Reactions: Cap Boso 97
I liked the unis in Lou's tenure. A Big 10 throwback look. No names on the back, just the one on the front. But we live in a different era now.

He better respect our tradition!
What tradition. We have been wearing a high school looking combinations of colors. I wouldn’t care if we completely change our look or stay with what we have but stick with one home and one away uni. And maybe every once in awhile mix it up.

It matters.

"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders

Uniforms will not make or break any one decision, but every advantage counts in recruiting. If recruits don't dig our uniforms then they will be ever so slightly less inclined to sign that LOI. While it's not the most important thing going on, it still matters.
Wish we would copy Clemson’s helmet. Orange part would be Garnet. White face mask and chinstrap. Same stripes down the middle but the purple would black. And SC baseball logo with white middle and black outline.

This thread perfectly epitomizes why we are a pathetic football program. We have 6 combined wins over 2 seasons, just hired a coach with absolutely no HC or OC experience, the CEO of our athletic program is a baseball coach who is so far in over his head that he can’t see daylight, and the women on this board are worried about how our uniforms will look.
you nailed it

People don't need to worry about using the Baseball SC for football, or any sport that did not previously use it. It can't be, per the terms of the ruling in the lawsuit.
Can we not take that back to court because I like that design for it on the side of the helmet. Still don’t know how we lost that case. The font is different than SoCals and the colors are totally different

It matters.

"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders

Uniforms will not make or break any one decision, but every advantage counts in recruiting. If recruits don't dig our uniforms then they will be ever so slightly less inclined to sign that LOI. While it's not the most important thing going on, it still matters.

Many can't comprehend this but it absolutely matters, it all ties in together

Can we not take that back to court because I like that design for it on the side of the helmet. Still don’t know how we lost that case. The font is different than SoCals and the colors are totally different
Yea really. Gamecockanthem has a picture of all the helmets. It’s called gamecock helmet history with each year. Back in 1963 they used S C on their helmets.

People don't need to worry about using the Baseball SC for football, or any sport that did not previously use it. It can't be, per the terms of the ruling in the lawsuit.
Thank you. I thought I remembered something like that being in there, but I was too lazy to look it up.

Spurrier’s idea was to always wear white helmets. Muschamp liked the color rush style uniform like in the NFL. Maybe Beamer wants the SC baseball logo. Interesting to see what his plans are. I hope they ask about this Monday at the press conference.
I don't care if they wear lingerie. As long as they win some damn football games!

This thread perfectly epitomizes why we are a pathetic football program. We have 6 combined wins over 2 seasons, just hired a coach with absolutely no HC or OC experience, the CEO of our athletic program is a baseball coach who is so far in over his head that he can’t see daylight, and the women on this board are worried about how our uniforms will look.

And you aren't smart enough to avoid a topic that is listed in the thread title. Speaks volumes. Figuratively, you are walking into a strip club, with its flashing signs, demanding they quit having dancers.

Similar garnet helmet versions have been done but they have never been the exact same as this. Forget the SC baseball logo then. Best way to explain it would be a copy of the New Orleans Saints. I can’t wait to see what Beamer wants to do especially with the helmets.

And you aren't smart enough to avoid a topic that is listed in the thread title. Speaks volumes. Figuratively, you are walking into a strip club, with its flashing signs, demanding they quit having dancers.

It’s not about avoiding a topic, it’s about admonishing people for being embarrassments. We are rock bottom as program. Fired probably the worst coach in our history, only to replace him with someone with no HC qualifications. And we’ve got fans concerned with whether or not he’s gonna change the uniforms. Like I said, embarrassment. Fans like these are the REASON we’re at rock bottom, accept mediocrity as long as we look snazzy.

• Haha
Reactions: budman1976
It’s not about avoiding a topic, it’s about admonishing people for being embarrassments. We are rock bottom as program. Fired probably the worst coach in our history, only to replace him with someone with no HC qualifications. And we’ve got fans concerned with whether or not he’s gonna change the uniforms. Like I said, embarrassment. Fans like these are the REASON we’re at rock bottom, accept mediocrity as long as we look snazzy.
I have never seen any fans playing on Saturday 👅

Yes move to Nike limit the Uniform changes from being every game, this would be a good start.
I truly hate being uniform guy but my God we look terrible.

Home:
White, Garnet, white
Big Game Garnet
87’s for night games

Road:
All white
Garnet, white, garnet
Garnet, white, black

never ever wear all black again.
Put the black helmets on a space ship and launch them into the sun.

Nike everything.

Reactions: budman1976
The significance of a teams uniforms is way past your creative ability and vision. We should have found our best look on gameday years ago like many programs.

Last edited:

Home:
White, Garnet, white
Big Game Garnet
87’s for night games

Road:
All white
Garnet, white, garnet
Garnet, white, black

Nike everything.
Not that uniforms are our highest priority...

But what became of the all garnet JoMo era fire ant look that was so iconic?

Good luck to Coach Beamer.

Go Cocks!

i like the idea of no logo on the uniforms until the team proves themselves for their new coach.

GamecocksNewHelmet.jpg

The uniforms we have now are perfect. It took them forever to figure it out.
I’m still wondering why anyone cares. Our team sucks as bad in one uniform as another, and that’s never going to change, because no one with any power here actually cares, about winning, or the fans, or the alumni or anyone else except for women’s and non-revenue sports; after all, we must be politically correct, mustn’t we?

I’m still wondering why anyone cares. Our team sucks as bad in one uniform as another, and that’s never going to change, because no one with any power here actually cares, about winning, or the fans, or the alumni or anyone else except for women’s and non-revenue sports; after all, we must be politically correct, mustn’t we?

Eyeroll

Can we get a big "WHO CARES"? I cannot believe you guys are talking about uniforms. But, actually, I can believe it. SMH.
So true. Maybe Beamer’s style of coaching is to worry about football and not fashion. When you have a fan base so excited about what the team will be wearing no wonder it took so long to get rid of Muschamp. If he hadn’t used the “script” Carolina maybe he’d still be here. It’s embarrassing to see threads about what the team will be wearing each weekend. Is this football or GQ?

You need to get a hold of yourself. This topic is about uniforms. I don't understand the connection you're making. It just seems like a reason to complain.

Guys, we may think this stuff unimportant but a couple of things Swinney did in the upstate was:

1. Instituted their Tiger Walk
2. Started the lock in arm walk on the field
3. Standardized the uniform- only wear orange pants when playing for some type of championship and so on....

I always wondered why he kept these ideas to himself while an assistant.

These things matter in my opinion!

Reactions: svjkn3

Home:
White, Garnet, white
Big Game Garnet
87’s for night games

Road:
All white
Garnet, white, garnet
Garnet, white, black

Nike everything.

I could just about get behind this if...............

When using garnet helmets, we use the striped sequencing we did from '83-'88. The one that's on there now screams '89-'98. NO THANKS!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT