ADVERTISEMENT

Bench Bentley! He hasn't improved yet

WOW, Did I watch a different game, SC couldnt run the ball, they played to stop Bentley after they got up Double Digits.. Deebo was shut down as well.. Bentley was hitting receivers early and the werent catching them, He was throwing it pretty hard at times, but you are a SEC College football receiver or back, You have to catch them... I saw mutltiple drops, and yes the biggest play of he game, The Pick Six, hit the players hands, was it a tad to Hard, Maybe, Bentley is the best Option for USC right now. PERIOD.. Georgia is just that much better than South Carolina, PERIOD!!
I agree totally but if we look like this against the next 3 teams we play.....ugh. We all said the same things last year after La tech..myself included. Jake has improved and he isn't missing receivers high and outside like last year.....Let's see where we are in a few weeks....

Reactions: cockofdawn
Pretty much.

On a side note. Did you notice that when Scarnecchia got called into the game against Coastal he couldn't even find his helmet on the sidelines? Man, those backups must not expect to ever get in the game.

I’m sure that’s how it is in practice every day as well. Esepcially for the scout team guys too that help prepare. Just wearing neon hats...

With the redshirt rule being what it is, Joyner should have had some snaps by now. We've had two straight games in which the issue has been decided by the time the fourth quarter started.
I don’t agree. He goes out and gets waxed by a UGA D that, by that time, has pinned their ears back, you’ll spend the rest of the season trying to restore his confidence. Sometimes, you just have to take a beating like a man and come back the next day. Coaching involves a lot more than just throwing guys out to the wolves.

And this redshirt rule changes things. Used to get guys in early in the season so we as fans all want to see that. But reality is I think you’ll see guys playing later in the season now. Basically getting their freshman year started 4 games early. They’ll be more familiar with plays by then, than if playing now. Thell be stronger. Have some experience around the team during games and learning from watching. I don’t think you’ll see guys burn those opportunities in mop up time if they have a real chance to help a team out, especially at the end of the season.

Reactions: rogue cock
The most important player on a college fb team is the QB. All good teams that progress have a good QB. I have not seen any improvement in Jake since he started. Most of his throws are either too high, too low, or to the wrong shoulder. He looks composed but he needs to scramble more upfield and not force a pass into a covered receiver of expect a miracle catch each time. Connor Shaw won so many games for us because of his legs!~ Maybe it's time to test the waters with Joyner!
High throws are mainly a result of throwing off your back foot. His footwork has never been great. He also never took off on any of the RPOs when he clearly had room. UGA gave him that all day long and he never took it. I'm kinda worried for him right now. He doesn't seem to be able to rise to the moment. In A couple of TV closeups he looked like a deer in the headlights just like the Clemson game

I don’t agree. He goes out and gets waxed by a UGA D that, by that time, has pinned their ears back, you’ll spend the rest of the season trying to restore his confidence. Sometimes, you just have to take a beating like a man and come back the next day. Coaching involves a lot more than just throwing guys out to the wolves.
UGA was substituting by then also. I'm not saying give him the entire fourth quarter unless some good things were happening. I read the decision not to play him as a sign of his manifest unpreparedness to play QB at the FBS level. I hope it isn't proven that the unpreparedness owes to inability.

UGA was substituting by then also. I'm not saying give him the entire fourth quarter unless some good things were happening. I read the decision not to play him as a sign of his manifest unpreparedness to play QB at the FBS level. I hope it isn't proven that the unpreparedness owes to inability.

Probably both.

I figured you’d go there. But they do put in a ton of work. But you are the one that indicated they are getting scholarships for just wearing neon hats on the sideline. Not sure why I even entertain such a moronic thought. It’s clear you don’t know d*ck about football.

The only thing that is clear is that you have absolutely no sense of humor. The comment about wearing hats and waiving arms was sarcastic and made to point out that when it comes to gameday, our backups are just there to signal in plays. They will never be put into a game to relieve Bentley no matter how bad he might be playing.

We don't seem to mind throwing freshman out there at any position except QB. I almost fell over with a heart attack when I saw them put in Scarnechia last week. Should have played him yesterday in the second half. Jake has been in enough big games to show his stuff and he's just not big game material. That's fine, not everyone is.
We can say he’s not big game material but honestly we don’t know, because every big game we’ve had since Jake has been here, have been muffed up by an awful game plan. So I’m not putting everything on Bentley, because the truth is Will Muschamp is lost when plan A is not working!

We can say he’s not big game material but honestly we don’t know, because every big game we’ve had since Jake has been here, have been muffed up by an awful game plan. So I’m not putting everything on Bentley, because the truth is Will Muschamp is lost when plan A is not working!
That's why I wish Muschamp wouldn't overthink big games so much. I know he likes to pretend he treats them as just another game but that's not what I'm seeing. I think it translates to the players in some capacity and we don't play loose and fast. He needs to win one eventually so he can say "oh so that's how you win these!".

Reactions: Brace1
I'm not exactly sure.
Well, if that's all it is, I wouldn't worry too much what he thinks. The bottom line is that, besides his son, the only man who has taken any snaps at QB is his son and a barely functional guy whom we probably can't win with and won't be there next year.

The only thing that is clear is that you have absolutely no sense of humor. The comment about wearing hats and waiving arms was sarcastic and made to point out that when it comes to gameday, our backups are just there to signal in plays. They will never be put into a game to relieve Bentley no matter how bad he might be playing.

Obviously I know it was sarcastic. But you also pointed out he couldn’t find his helmet. Keep grasping douchebag. You are the one on here bashing 20 year olds...

No other QB is going to get meaningful snaps with daddy roaming the sidelines. Muschamp needs to keep Bobby happy for recruiting purposes.
I do wonder what will happen if/when Hilinski gets here next year and outperforms Jake in camp. Especially if Jake is still stuck in neutral.

Obviously I know it was sarcastic. But you also pointed out he couldn’t find his helmet. Keep grasping douchebag. You are the one on here bashing 20 year olds...

Who did I bash? Was stating that a player couldn't find his helmet bashing? Oh no. It must have been that I said we don't use the backups at all. No no no. It was making a joke about the hats. That's it. It was the hats. I promise in the future I will refrain from commenting on the hats. Scouts honor.

Lol. I'm a douchbag yet your the one wound up tighter than a tick's ass over somebody possibly stating that Bentley might be subpar. Enjoy your evening.

Reactions: Carolina4
Who did I bash? Was stating that a player couldn't find his helmet bashing? Oh no. It must have been that I said we don't use the backups at all. No no no. It was making a joke about the hats. That's it. It was the hats. I promise in the future I will refrain from commenting on the hats. Scouts honor.

Lol. I'm a douchbag yet your the one wound up tighter than a tick's ass over somebody possibly stating that Bentley might be subpar. Enjoy your evening.

Reactions: bayrooster

Maybe I misinterpreted. Not here to make enemies. Shouldn’t have called you a douchebag. Apologize for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT