ADVERTISEMENT

Best “Rassler” of all time?

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
I found a show called “ the dark side of the ring” today and it was pretty interesting. It had me wondering who is considered the best? I watched it as a young child but lost interest. I always liked the Road Warriors.

I found a show called “ the dark side of the ring” today and it was pretty interesting. It had me wondering who is considered the best? I watched it as a young child but lost interest. I always liked the Road Warriors.

"Dirty" Dick Raines, Dickie Slater and "Mr. Wonderful" were some actual tough guys but being tough has nothing to do with the sports entertainment of today.

Was a fan of Leon White (Big Van Vader)

Ric Flair, Bruno Sammartino, Larry Zbyszko, Ricky Steamboat, AJ Styles, and Brian Danielson are some of my all-time favorites, though. I stopped watching for the most part 5 or so years ago.

Ric Flair
Dory Funk JR
Bob Backlund
Jack Brisco
Harley Race
Verne Gagne
Ricky Steamboat
Barry Windham
Steve Austin (Stunning Steve)
Tony Atlas

Reactions: Judson1
The new season starts Tuesday. It's about christ Benoit killing his family.

Ric Flair without a doubt for old school fans of territory wrestling. He is the 1 who bridged the gap from wrestling back then to the wrestling of today. Ask Stone Cold and he will tell you its Flair.
1b84db8de0bf3d47ca2f979ef16de7d8.gif

George South

Also Lord Steven Regal may have been the best live performer ever. He could get a crowd riled up by doing almost nothing. I remember seeing him at the Township driving those little old ladies to swing canes at him. It was great.

Ric Flair, Magnum TA, AND Wahoo McDaniels was my favorites. I have old pictures of me with Wahoo, Magnum TA, and Ric Flair. Took the pic in Florence in the early 80s when they wrestled at the Fair Grounds in Florence. I was in middle school I think. I would come home and try the belly to belly suplex, and the figure 4 on my big brother. Good times.

Ric Flair, Magnum TA, AND Wahoo McDaniels was my favorites. I have old pictures of me with Wahoo, Magnum TA, and Ric Flair. Took the pic in Florence in the early 80s when they wrestled at the Fair Grounds in Florence. I was in middle school I think. I would come home and try the belly to belly suplex, and the figure 4 on my big brother. Good times.

That figure 4 ain't no joke.

My top four:
1. Ric Flair
2. Dusty Rhodes
3. Wahoo McDaniel
4. Black Jack Mulligan

Honorable Mentions
1. Magnum T.A.
2. Sting
3. Paul Jones
4. Greg Valentine
Too many more to name. Was a big time fan. I remember going to Florence Memorial Stadium in Florence, SC with my dad every time they came.

Did anyone ever actually see Jim Ross’s mouth move? I’ve never seen anyone be able to annunciate words with so little movement of their mouth.

RollLaugh
All the ones I use to watch on TBS with my Grandfather in the 80’s
Magnum TA
The Four Horseman
Roddy Piper
The Koloff’s
The Nature Boy Ric Flair
and of course the American Dream Dusty Rhodes

the Four Horsemen was probably the first time I remember hating a group of wrestlers. Doesn’t mean they weren’t good though. I was always mesmerized by the Undertaker. At least his first few years in that role. With Paul Bearer.RollLaugh

Ric Flair. Begins and ends there.
Steve Austin in the WWF. Go back and watch some youtube videos from the Attitude Era. No one could get a crowd to pop like he could.
Most underrated that I haven't seen yet: Rick Rude. What a great heel.

Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Val Venis is a personal favorite, Andre the Giant, Stone Cold, Mankind, and the Rock etc

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT