ADVERTISEMENT

Blackouts = embarrassments

Both Louisville and SC tried the blackout thing (again). Both had mostly empty stadiums in the 4th quarter.
Why do this? There's nothing to be gained and it only adds to the embarrassment in the aftermath.
Agreed. Those unis need to be storched and never seen again and also benefit was about 8 penalties.

The color might not cause the loss, but the team certainly stinks everytime they bring them out. Is it a coincidence that happens and they must be more visible to call penalties on, also.

You people are ridiculous. The blackout has nothing to do with the team being bad.
The 2001 team was good and when we did a blackout with them we had the same result. Blackouts do nothing but hype up the other team because they know you're putting extra emphasis on them and having to use tricks and gimmicks to beat them. It's a stupid idea and we should scrap it forever.

Losing to the Kentucky Wildcats in football 4 straight years........what could be more embarrassing?
Probably the Clemson game this year and it sucks because I thought we could still one from them before yesterday. Now I just hope it isn't a home game for them like last time they came down.

Who concentrates on fashion statements when we can't complete a 10 yard pass or convert a 1-yard conversion? I seriously hope Muschamps isn't the arbiter of our game unis. If so, he needs to get his priorities straight. Let's drop the time spent on fashion and spend it on opponent film or coaching the OL to move the LOS.

Probably the Clemson game this year and it sucks because I thought we could still one from them before yesterday. Now I just hope it isn't a home game for them like last time they came down.

If we don't come into that game with at least 7 wins it will be.

Agreed. Those unis need to be storched and never seen again and also benefit was about 8 penalties.

If we tried to torch them, I'm sure we'd f$%& that up too.

USCvKentucky0348

Yep, not superstitious. But, all these over hyped black outs are stupid. Don't make a big deal that we are 2-0 or in the case of past years making big deal that we have won more than expected. Think the build up to "We are back, Or We are real contenders, is so premature. Think it gets in players head. Just treat it like another game.

Reactions: cocky4
Look on the bright side , lost to them in 2010 when we had Lattimore and whole lot of talent, maybe we need to drop Ky

The only way you are going to "drop" Kentucky is to leave the SEC again. Or maybe try to get moved to the west division and play Alabama every year and only play us once every six years. But you would still have to play us in basketball every year!

Yep guess we should not have worn all black because losing in our garnet would be better than wearing all black and winning or losing in that. Blaming a loss on a uniform may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen on here.
Blaming the Kentucky players for talking smack and giving that as a reason to not shake their hand was even more stupid than blaming the uniform. But our sideline reporter guy ran with it until Muschamp confirmed today that it was a bush league move on our part and had to call and apologize to Stoops.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Wounded Warrior unis will bring good luck!
....I've got a feeling!....
I have hated all black since SOS kicked our ass..."Our receivers saw the ball SO easy..."

Reactions: FORKCOCK
The only way you are going to "drop" Kentucky is to leave the SEC again. Or maybe try to get moved to the west division and play Alabama every year and only play us once every six years. But you would still have to play us in basketball every year!

Leave the SEC again? What version of history do you have made up in your head?

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
The 2001 team was good and when we did a blackout with them we had the same result. Blackouts do nothing but hype up the other team because they know you're putting extra emphasis on them and having to use tricks and gimmicks to beat them. It's a stupid idea and we should scrap it forever.

THIS!!/\

Don't need a clichéd gimmick to "promote fan unity and enthusiasm". Just gets in the way of the fan unity and enthusiasm that's already there to start with, and always HAS been.

The all black uniforms are ridiculous and amateurish. They do NOT "intimidate" anyone, that's nonsense; its in fact like showing red to a bull. They make the team look like Bethune-Cookman.

Wounded Warrior unis will bring good luck!
....I've got a feeling!....
I have hated all black since SOS kicked our ass..."Our receivers saw the ball SO easy..."

In the game you mention, we wore white helmets, garnet jerseys, & white britches.

No. But it has everything to do with feeling like you have to come up with some gimmick to compete with Kentucky. How sad is that

And it gave Kentucky a chance to wear all white, in an equally empty gesture in response.

Hey, Kentucky is going with a Blue Out for Florida, this weekend . . . . and it is the same shade of Blue for both programs, essentially.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT