ADVERTISEMENT

Boy, our WBB team is back on track in a big way!***

BCM is really looking like her old self now. A more mature version of her old self. She was high energy today. Her defense was giving LSU guards fits.

To beat Mississippi State, we're going to have to win the perimeter and hold our own on the inside.

Pressure is on Mississippi State. We need to play loose, compete and hopefully draw some fouls. We've been surprisingly good from the free throw line this season.

BCM is really looking like her old self now. A more mature version of her old self. She was high energy today. Her defense was giving LSU guards fits.

To beat Mississippi State, we're going to have to win the perimeter and hold our own on the inside.

Pressure is on Mississippi State. We need to play loose, compete and hopefully draw some fouls. We've been surprisingly good from the free throw line this season.
Miss. State is salivating. We have gut-punched them so many times.

That's what you call incentive. I'm not saying no way we win. I'm saying imposing challenge.

Yes it's a great challenge. You can't be a great team without them. Our team is a whole lot better than six weeks ago. Thursday will give us some idea of how much better. The key is rebounding well enough to play fast as often as we can. Also need to make shots vs their half court sets. They have the most overrated player in wbb, Tiera McCowan. They have a heck of a coach that gets them to play hard. Their advantage is on the glass. Dawn can neutralize that with fast breaks.

Yes it's a great challenge. You can't be a great team without them. Our team is a whole lot better than six weeks ago. Thursday will give us some idea of how much better. The key is rebounding well enough to play fast as often as we can. Also need to make shots vs their half court sets. They have the most overrated player in wbb, Tiera McCowan. They have a heck of a coach that gets them to play hard. Their advantage is on the glass. Dawn can neutralize that with fast breaks.
Indeed, I hope so.

I wouln't say McCowan is the most over rated. She is projected to be the #1 pick in the draft - although not a consensus pick. I'm thinking Katie Lou from Uconn is most over rated. Good looking blonde playing for the media darling Huskies. We've been hearing about her for five years (including HS when she was the #1 recruit).

I wouln't say McCowan is the most over rated. She is projected to be the #1 pick in the draft - although not a consensus pick. I'm thinking Katie Lou from Uconn is most over rated. Good looking blonde playing for the media darling Huskies. We've been hearing about her for five years (including HS when she was the #1 recruit).
Dude please! Some draft analyst don't even have her top 5. She is a lumbering oafish, post that's a good rebounder. If Ionescu enters the draft she is number one by a mile. Durr and Ogunbowale will go ahead of her. Las Vegas Aces have the top pick. No way they draft some lead foot that can't get out of A'ja Wilson's way!

Dude please! Some draft analyst don't even have her top 5. She is a lumbering oafish, post that's a good rebounder. If Ionescu enters the draft she is number one by a mile. Durr and Ogunbowale will go ahead of her. Las Vegas Aces have the top pick. No way they draft some lead foot that can't get out of A'ja Wilson's way!
With a bad attitude.

Reactions: vipercock
I will be very pleasantly surprised if we are able to defeat MSU Thursday.
McCowan is no A’ja but she is a force. We have no one who can match up with her down low especially with Jennings hobbled. We will have to front, 3/4, double and at times zone. This will open up weak side where Anrielle Howard(the best rebounder inch for inch in the country) lives. MSU is +17 a game in rebounds and averages 20offensive rebounds a game. It is easy to say we will neutralize their height with fast breaks but gotta get rebounds first.
Keys to victory
• no worse than -10 on the boards
•+8 in turnover margin
• 30 good minutes from both Kiki and Alexis, NO CHEAP STUPID FOULS.
• excellent game shooting
•We need to exploit fast break when possible but game needs to be in the 50’s or 60’s for us to win. Need to treat every offensive possession as if it is our last in a tie game

The most recent and official one that came out that includes WNBA coaches and general managers have McCowan #1. However I would trade the pick because the Aces have plenty of size already.

https://apnews.com/d9f74277d31f405a8b7af5cebf4a7fab

Reactions: winloseortie
McCowan is no A’ja but she is a force. We have no one who can match up with her down low especially with Jennings hobbled. We will have to front, 3/4, double and at times zone. This will open up weak side where Anrielle Howard(the best rebounder inch for inch in the country) lives. MSU is +17 a game in rebounds and averages 20offensive rebounds a game. It is easy to say we will neutralize their height with fast breaks but gotta get rebounds first.
Keys to victory
•+8 in turnover margin
•We need to exploit fast break when possible but game needs to be in the 50’s or 60’s for us to win. Need to treat every offensive possession as if it is our last in a tie game
Very good info.

Girls need to block out on rebounds. Team coasted in the last half and didn't show much. They need to defend the inside and don't allow driving lay ups like they did in the last half. Stick with your better line up. Stay hot and make the 3's. Close out the tall girl that shoots 3's. I think her name is Bibbey or Bibbrey.

Keys to victory
•+8 in turnover margin

I agree that Jenning and Herbert-Harrigan need to stay out of foul trouble.

But Lele, Williams and Saxton have 15 fouls and probably need to use them. They have to compete harder than they did against Baylor and Maryland, even if that's just preventing layups and forcing MSU's bigs to make free throws.

Reactions: gamecockblack
If we can play our up-tempo game on Thursday and shoot a decent percentage, we will beat State. McCowan is easy to wear out. She is slow, slow, slow.

Reactions: GarnetGhost
The most recent and official one that came out that includes WNBA coaches and general managers have McCowan #1. However I would trade the pick because the Aces have plenty of size already.

https://apnews.com/d9f74277d31f405a8b7af5cebf4a7fab

i have read every projection there is. I have common sense and great eyes. McCowan is not the number one pick. I think the Aces trade the pick. There is no A'ja Wilson or Brianna Stewart in this draft. The only number one worthy player is Sabrina Ionescu. Not sure she enters. But regardless,no team is stupid enough to take that oafish lummox number one overall. You have to get a great player with that pick.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
We should have taller, faster, quicker, players than they do. Our players should be better shooters and better defenders than anyone Miss. State has. I despise the idea of being inferior to them in anything.

Game is yet to be played..,.& I don’t feel inferior is a reality
I’m pretty pleased with our play considering who has moved on the past two seasons & who’s coming next year, that said this would be a great win & however our warrior ladies can get it...,.

Reactions: gamecockblack
We should have taller, faster, quicker, players than they do. Our players should be better shooters and better defenders than anyone Miss. State has. I despise the idea of being inferior to them in anything.
It sounds like someone has been spoiled by the dominance of our wbb program the past half decade :)

To his credit tho, Vic can coach. He's proved that. Add some good recruiting to that & you have a very formidable team.

It sounds like someone has been spoiled by the dominance of our wbb program the past half decade :)

To his credit tho, Vic can coach. He's proved that. Add some good recruiting to that & you have a very formidable team.
The place alone ought to thwart him when compared to our place - plus our coach. I believe they must be cheating more than I believe it about UPC football.

The place alone ought to thwart him when compared to our place - plus our coach. I believe they must be cheating more than I believe it about UPC football.

If they were cheating, wouldn't they be doing better against us? Aren't they like 1-12 against us in the last 13 games?

They have 4 seniors playing over 25 minutes a game.

They better win tomorrow night. Pressure is on them.

i have read every projection there is. I have common sense and great eyes. McCowan is not the number one pick. I think the Aces trade the pick. There is no A'ja Wilson or Brianna Stewart in this draft. The only number one worthy player is Sabrina Ionescu. Not sure she enters. But regardless,no team is stupid enough to take that oafish lummox number one overall. You have to get a great player with that pick.
I don't think McCowan is pro-material in a big way like Wilson etc because the pro and international game is more wide-open, and she can't do that. (run the floor). She is a terrific college player because if she catches the ball (and it's easy to get her the ball with her 6'7" frame!), all she has to do is bank it off the glass every time from three feet away. That's what she does and does it well. I don't think we'll have an answer for State this year - McCowan, Howard and Bibby are 3 pretty good and every different types of forwards that will create match up problems for South Carolina. I just think they have better players.

Assuming things don't go well in Starkville, I'm hoping we can play well and beat Mizzou (for a lot of reasons).

If they were cheating, wouldn't they be doing better against us? Aren't they like 1-12 against us in the last 13 games?

They have 4 seniors playing over 25 minutes a game.

They better win tomorrow night. Pressure is on them.
I believe they would have to be cheating to even be in the same universe with us in terms of talent, irrespective of past performance against us. Their place is completely unappealing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT