ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 🆚 Reds 8/11/21 streak until we peak 😎😎

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💬. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat. Streak until we peak. We are seeking to reclaim our position at the top of the hill. The Apex is in Atlanta and the Eastern Division title must be retained to help stem Climate Change, Cure all the ills of the world but mostly to watch the yearly excuses from @pepsicock and the BHC as to why they didn’t get it done again. 😎😎 They usually start with the word “IF”. If we didn’t have so many injuries, if we didn’t have so many rain outs, if we had a bullpen, if we hadn’t made so many errors, if the sun didn’t shine in his eyes, if I had not eaten those ghost peppers 🌶. 😂😂😂. My favorite is If August wasn’t a month 😂😂😂.
Roster Moves:
Travis D’Arnaud has been activated from the IL . In a corresponding move Kevan Smith has been DFA. The Braves catcher has been missed and will be a a welcomed presence behind the dish and in the batting order.

Pregame Analysis:
Touki Toussaint will man the bump tonight and he needs to rediscover his fastball usage and trust his stuff. His first two appearances were outstanding and wet my appetite for more of the same. Unfortunately he reverted back to passive pitching which has lead to long counted and pitching at a disadvantage. He is facing a team that has not really faced him and the two hitters that have have not figured him out so that bodes well for him to establish this new relationship on a strong foundation. Get ahead in the count by using fastballs and changing speeds and reduce the number of breaking balls that do not tempt the hitters and just waste his efforts. Pitch with confidence and conviction and lead this team to victory.

he will be opposed by Wade Miley. He is a very good LHP with a 2.75 era and an almost 3-1 strikeout to walk ratio. Like most lefties of his ilk he counts on hitters trying to pull his pitches when they should be utilizing the entire baseball field. I look for the top of the order and Heredia to do most of the damage early. We are one game out of first with a chance to eliminate the deficit tonight as an impetus to the late season surge of victories.

Starting Lineup Braves
Albies 2B
Soler RF
Freeman 1B
Riley 3B
Swanson ss
Duvall LF
D’Arnaud C
Heredia CF
Toussaint RHP

Starting Lineup Reds:
Farmer ss