ADVERTISEMENT

Burch, Evans, Cowan, Grimes, et al....

TN-Gamecock

May 10, 2002
Erwin, TN/Originally from Greer
Well, here's hoping we finish strong in recruiting on the defensive side of the ball:
Burch in SC
Evans & Cowan in NC
Grimes & Curtis in TN
Whitehead & Tindol in GA

I hope like heck that we are able to get Evans but Grimes is ranked higher in that position. We just have to do a better job in NC. North Carolina for 2020 is loaded and South Carolina is slim pick'n's...

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
With 17 commits and 3 grad transfers we can take 5 more recruits this class. Hope we get the best class.

Brown will not lock the border...He is doing better than Fedora but we still have a nice haul from NC. We will get our share. If Clemson decides to recruit more regionally than nationally, lots of those kids that UNC has committed would likely be Tiger recruits. I'm really surprised Clemson did not offer Rooks (NC State) or Muhammad(Texas A&M) since they are hurting for WR recruits.

The top recruit in NC, Trent Simpson was dying for a Clemson offer and did not get it. I do give him credit though, going to an SEC school to play football makes more since. It will be interesting this next cycle since there are about 15 highly ranked football players in NC.

It will be interesting to see if Mack Brown can out recruit Dabo Swinney for Payton Page. My $$$ is on Dabo for Page....I think we will do well in NC next cycle due to the large number of recruits in metro Charlotte. The OT from Murphy in Western NC will be a Tennessee lock. Same school that produced Carl Pickens, star at WR for the VOLS....

Reactions: heelzfor2
Evans is not going to happen TN so you better hope you get Grimes. Conley dropped today as I previously posted. He was leaning to USC but Mack locked down the border between Jville and Columbia. Congrats on the two recruits you got today!!!

https://247sports.com/college/north...r-Heels-Football-Four-Star-Safety--134416596/

Mack Brown dotty old man, after a couple of early season beat downs , the excitement will be gone , recruits will jump ship, and fans will be talking basketball. i.e. business as usual

Why this year is crucial for us. Champ has to show progress. A thumping of NC in the opener will go a long way. We need to show in that game that UNC is not in the same class as us. If it's a competitive game, it won't do much to sway any UNC recruits. Why go to SC when you go to a comparable team in-state?

Nice post TN and I agree, next year will be interesting with the recruiting battles and although Brown, nor anyone else will ever truly lock down the borders, he is certainly doing much better than Fed and I am glad to see that. I think currently half the commits are from NC and you got to start with the instate guys to be successful. Agree on Page, would be a major get for UNC and if that happens, maybe, just maybe they can start pulling some of the top guys from Clemson, that would be good for UNC and USC.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I trust our coaches’ evals when it comes to recruiting ... but then again .... it’s hard to watch UNC reel in (7) 4-star players. I think the recruiting rankings (as imperfect as they may be) have become much more accurate. I hope we finish strong, and that our 2020 recruiting has been more about “filling our needs” than our overall ranking. We are currently 9th in the SEC rankings.

Brown will not lock the border...He is doing better than Fedora but we still have a nice haul from NC. We will get our share. If Clemson decides to recruit more regionally than nationally, lots of those kids that UNC has committed would likely be Tiger recruits. I'm really surprised Clemson did not offer Rooks (NC State) or Muhammad(Texas A&M) since they are hurting for WR recruits.

The top recruit in NC, Trent Simpson was dying for a Clemson offer and did not get it. I do give him credit though, going to an SEC school to play football makes more since. It will be interesting this next cycle since there are about 15 highly ranked football players in NC.

It will be interesting to see if Mack Brown can out recruit Dabo Swinney for Payton Page. My $$$ is on Dabo for Page....I think we will do well in NC next cycle due to the large number of recruits in metro Charlotte. The OT from Murphy in Western NC will be a Tennessee lock. Same school that produced Carl Pickens, star at WR for the VOLS....
Pickens broke gamecock hearts. He committed to us then switched to Tn. I think Jim Washburn was his recruiter for us. Stanley Morgan earlier in Dietzel's years switched from us to Tn. Glad it's a new era and hope we get our share in Tn. and N. C.

Are we really that low in recruiting rankings?!

No. #22 in Rivals and #18 in 247 composite, which is what everyone except for a handful of people on this forum cares about more. Still lots of quality guys on our board and space for 5 more. My prediction for months has been finishing #17 (#7 in SEC) unless Burch with signs with us, which would get us into the Top 15.

Reactions: ezcock
Mack Brown dotty old man, after a couple of early season beat downs , the excitement will be gone , recruits will jump ship, and fans will be talking basketball. i.e. business as usual
You keep believing that...he's muschamps daddy don't forget...Mack stayed at Texas because he wasn't going to turn that program over to muschamp ...

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
I agree he has definitely got some good recruits committed
Time will tell
One thing is that it’s the a ACC so he could actually win pretty well in a couple of years

We need Burch. Not getting him isn't an option.

Agree . Losing Burch and XT when they both are basically in your backyard is not good . I’ve said numerous times that Champ must have ELITE talent to win here . He’s a good guy , hard worker , says the right things , He’s just not that great of a game day coach and probably never will be . His best days at Florida was when he had 5 or six NFL first rounders wrecking people on the defense . He has raised the talent level tremendously but his classes are about the same as Spurrier . I don’t wanna hear the old “The current staff evaluates better” blah blah blah . Muschamp has had and will have as many misses as Spurrier or any staff . If you want to recruit top 10 classes you start by knocking off top 10 teams by out coaching or out hustling them . Why would Burch go to a 6-6 or worse team when he can go to Schools that compete for titles every year and be on TV nationally every weekend ?? It is what it is . Winning cures everything . Beating Florida in the Swamp or knocking off a good TAMU team last year would have made big waves . He’s done good things here but Muschamps two signatures wins were beating a UT team that was imploding and beating a Michigan team that clearly didn’t wanna be there ( who were also dominating us until they fell apart in the 2nd half). He’s Gotta win some games he shouldn’t win this year . Bottomline

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Agree . Losing Burch and XT when they both are basically in your backyard is not good . I’ve said numerous times that Champ must have ELITE talent to win here . He’s a good guy , hard worker , says the right things , He’s just not that great of a game day coach and probably never will be . His best days at Florida was when he had 5 or six NFL first rounders wrecking people on the defense . He has raised the talent level tremendously but his classes are about the same as Spurrier . I don’t wanna hear the old “The current staff evaluates better” blah blah blah . Muschamp has had and will have as many misses as Spurrier or any staff . If you want to recruit top 10 classes you start by knocking off top 10 teams by out coaching or out hustling them . Why would Burch go to a 6-6 or worse team when he can go to Schools that compete for titles every year and be on TV nationally every weekend ?? It is what it is . Winning cures everything . Beating Florida in the Swamp or knocking off a good TAMU team last year would have made big waves . He’s done good things here but Muschamps two signatures wins were beating a UT team that was imploding and beating a Michigan team that clearly didn’t wanna be there ( who were also dominating us until they fell apart in the 2nd half). He’s Gotta win some games he shouldn’t win this year . Bottomline
Nobody recruited XT harder than Muschamp. He didnt want to come here. Period.
And that goes for Tank also.
And nobody is recruiting Burch harder than Muschamp. We will see what he does

XT, Watson, T. Lawrence, D. Lawrence,and now Capehart all were committed after their HS Sophomore seasons.
Many schools tried to change their minds.
I saw on a 2018 you tube video from SB Nation that was updated. Last year the taters had 6 players beg to be recruited by them. Those guys travelled to taterville on their dime the 1st time. A kid is going to visit from Cal., Miami or Canada. Are some parents wealthy enough to spend on flights/travel? They got 3 playing this year and 3 commitments that the
"expert" couldn't say anything about. Them 2019 WRs are as good as any they have now. Dukes was the other 2019 they mentioned.
I look forward to this happening to us soon. Hopefully the team can start worrying about ourselves. Not the opponent. Be the best we can be. Play with discipline. No one can beat us but ourselves.

Last edited:
XT, Watson, T. Lawrence, D. Lawrence,and now Capehart all were committed after their HS Sophomore seasons.
Many schools tried to change their minds.
I saw on a 2018 you tube video from SB Nation that was updated. Last year the taters had 6 players beg to be recruited by them. Those guys travelled to taterville on their dime the 1st time. A kid is going to visit from Cal., Miami or Canada. Are some parents wealthy enough to spend on flights/travel? They got 3 playing this year and 3 commitments that the school can't say anything about. Them 2019 WRs are as good as any they have now. Dukes was the other 2019 they mentioned.
I look forward to this happening to us soon. Hopefully the team can start worrying about ourselves. Not the opponent. Be the best we can be. Play with discipline. No one can beat us but ourselves.

Don't forget to pay your tithes to New Spring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT