ADVERTISEMENT

Call me crazy, but I think we have a good chance to keep...

It close and maybe the unthinkable, gulp, even win this thing!
As bad as the mighty acc looks today in their match ups, if we can play a complete game and keep in close in the 4th who knows!

GO COCKSSSSSS!
you had me believing until you said mighty acc

tumblr_m0fpm75ydK1qmj8o3.gif

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Duke played them well in the first half and they are awful. BC's D looked good against them and they are awful... Etc

Reactions: cockofdawn
Ask me after the first quarter. If we score in the first then maybe we can keep it close. If we don't it'll be a blowout.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I just want to see the kids play hard and smart. No shame in losing to this team but no excuse to go out there and look like a bag of di(ks.

You all need to win the party! I know I will.

We can Beat Clemson if we play a perfect game....

What in the hell does that mean??????

Play a perfect game with no flaws, no dropped passes, no fumbles????? So, if we win, it's because Clemson was sloppy???

Reactions: cockofdawn
Been watching SC/Clem games for 45 yrs now. Sometimes these games take on a personality of its own- regardless of the records. Many of you know what I’m talking about. Hope we punch em in the mouth, and have a few early breaks go our way. Then, we stay in the fight. From there- who knows?

We can Beat Clemson if we play a perfect game....

What in the hell does that mean??????

Play a perfect game with no flaws, no dropped passes, no fumbles????? So, if we win, it's because Clemson was sloppy???
The only way we win is if we play a perfect game and Clemson plays their worse game. Talent level difference is that much

What counts as a success? Keep it within 20? Score a first half touchdown?

I bet they call a timeout 4th quarter to allow their Dline and hunter renfro come out for a standing ovation if we start getting routed

Youre crazy. If you know just anything about the game of football than you will know its going to be so ugly for us

Been watching SC/Clem games for 45 yrs now. Sometimes these games take on a personality of its own- regardless of the records. Many of you know what I’m talking about. Hope we punch em in the mouth, and have a few early breaks go our way. Then, we stay in the fight. From there- who knows?

Legitimate question... which games are you referencing? I can’t think of many where the better team with the better record didn’t win. Games I think of as taking on personalities of their own are like 2003 and 2008 where teams were relatively even and we got run out of the stadium. Or maybe 2015 where they were way better and we kept it close.

Disclaimer- I’m a youngster and can only remember like 20 years of games (1999-on)

WRONG.... I know that Taters are Over rated, even ¨So Called experts¨ on TV horse laugh their miserable schedule.. Cocks can win this..
I agree, all i hear is the acc is hot garbage. Ok, so let's prove it tonight. And give them a tough game like A&M.

Yeah they are overrated but our defense has more holes than most of our blue jeans did in the 80s . It’s gonna be a Beatdown I’m afraid . Look on the bright side ... you could be an FSU fan . They are freaking melting down after getting beat like a drum by UF .

Legitimate question... which games are you referencing? I can’t think of many where the better team with the better record didn’t win. Games I think of as taking on personalities of their own are like 2003 and 2008 where teams were relatively even and we got run out of the stadium. Or maybe 2015 where they were way better and we kept it close.

Disclaimer- I’m a youngster and can only remember like 20 years of games (1999-on)

1980- stands out the most to me. We take an 8-2 team with Rogers and (only losses Ga- natty, and at Southern. Cal) into Clem and get dusted by a 5-5 Ford team. There are others.
92- Tanneyhill’s underdog win
04- Lou’s last reg season brawl game got out of hand
08- Smelley 4 picks, both teams 7-4
09- Garcia 3 TDS w- 34-17
15- certainly qualifies- we’re 3-8, they’re 10-0. We play them head to head and lose 37-32.

It close and maybe the unthinkable, gulp, even win this thing!
As bad as the mighty acc looks today in their match ups, if we can play a complete game and keep in close in the 4th who knows!

GO COCKSSSSSS!

Don’t think you’re crazy.

1. Stop the run
2. Play good pass defense or hope Goldilocks is off
3. Run lots of slants and wheel routes to minimize their advantage in the trenches
4. Hope for the best

Some of y'all don't think that injuries adding up matters. Well it does after a certain point. No way this team can play with Clemson. A healthy SC team could play with Clemson probably. Not this team.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT