ADVERTISEMENT

Can’t Put This One on Bentley

KayakCock

Jun 29, 2015
That INT in the end zone hurt, but if Edwards or Smith could have made some fairly easy catches today, we win this game. Jake actually threw some very impressive deep balls. I thought this was one of his better games.

Does any of this matter? Nah, we can’t play a complete game as a team to save our lives. I’m over this season. Just don’t think Bentley should have to shoulder any of the blame this time.

That INT in the end zone hurt, but if Edwards or Smith could have made some fairly easy catches today, we win this game. Jake actually threw some very impressive deep balls. I thought this was one of his better games.

Does any of this matter? Nah, we can’t play a complete game as a team to save our lives. I’m over this season. Just don’t think Bentley should have to shoulder any of the blame this time.
Team loss for sure. Jake was awful in the 1st quarter, receivers awful in 2nd. Defense struggled in the 4th. Team clicked in the 3rd. Bentley's interception certainly took the wind out of our sails. Disagree if you would like but I think we score at 7 (probably 14) if Scar plays the 1st half.

The fact that the staff thinks a QB who is not 100% is better than the guy who played well last week in his very first start seems to reflect a disconnect. And by staff, I mean Champ.

Sorry, but when he was hired I was skeptical but supportive. He’s lost me now. My loyalty is to the school, not a bumpkin AD and a coordinator who lost at UF.

You also can’t put any win of relevance the last 3 years on him either.
At some point you have to figure he goes into a game settled in from the start. You must have better QB play in the first half! This team has gotten comfortable digging holes and trying to see if they can dig out in time.

Jake was awful in the first 4 possessions. That is where we fell behind. I thought he should have put in Scar. Give the team a shot of juice. But we stayed the course with Jake and plodded along. Then Jake gets on target and our great receivers(pre-season SEC/All world by our fans) can’t catch a cold. I mean damn. Can’t win for losing.

Reactions: Aoq and viennacocks

Bentley is an INT machine. He’s suppose to be a leader on this team but that isn’t ever going to happen. He’s not SEC caliber and can’t put together 4 full quarters when it matters.

Jake was awful in the first 4 possessions. That is where we fell behind. I thought he should have put in Scar. Give the team a shot of juice. But we stayed the course with Jake and plodded along. Then Jake gets on target and our great receivers(pre-season SEC/All world by our fans) can’t catch a cold. I mean damn. Can’t win for losing.
They should have known you only get so many possessions against that team. They don't lead the nation in time of possession for craps and giggles. But apparently our dumb coaches didn't bother to look at a stat sheet all week.

Reactions: bogiecock
Hate to call players out but A certain receiver had more to do with us losing than anybody. 2 dropped passes (1 would have been in red zone) and a fumble on a kick return.

None of the blame? The receiver drops hurt, but the game winning margin for TAM was set in the first half, while Bentley went 7-16, 46 yards, killer INT in end zone. He deserves a share of the blame.
Apportionment of fault is relative. I think the aggregate effect of the drops far outweighs his performance, but he hurt us in the first half, no doubt. Maybe the correct word should have been “all” of the blame. He wasn’t perfect.

Apportionment of fault is relative. I think the aggregate effect of the drops far outweighs his performance, but he hurt us in the first half, no doubt. Maybe the correct word should have been “all” of the blame. He wasn’t perfect.

The whole season has been a first half slow start. He cannot be jumping off the walls for the first 30 min and expect us to have a chance. I expect more from a 3rd year QB. Sure you have a bad game now and then. But the lawyer arguing Jake isn’t good keeps acquiring more and more evidence.
He seems worse than 2016.

No school but us is gonna be debating whether their 25-game starter gets it or not. He doesn’t, despite the drops, and he would never start at those schools. Unless they had absolutely NO ONE else as an option.

I don't know if this play was clear on TV, but one of our players got behind their defense and was wide open. This was either the second or the third quarter because they were moving toward the student section of the endzone. Had the ball been on line, on target, and in stride (he was all alone), it would have likely resulted in a touchdown. Instead, the ball was so poorly thrown the receiver had to slow down and try to come back for the ball and fell down while trying to get back to it. On the video board replay, it looked as if he just fell down. But the ball was well underthrown. A horrible pass but like this season just water under the bridge.

I don't know if this play was clear on TV, but one of our players got behind their defense and was wide open. This was either the second or the third quarter because they were moving toward the student section of the endzone. Had the ball been on line, on target, and in stride (he was all alone), it would have likely resulted in a touchdown. Instead, the ball was so poorly thrown the receiver had to slow down and try to come back for the ball and fell down while trying to get back to it. On the video board replay, it looked as if he just fell down. But the ball was well underthrown. A horrible pass but like this season just water under the bridge.
The thing is that this is a regular occurrence. Not just today, but for 2 1/2 years. He is NOT what a 3rd year SEC starting QB should be.

Also, look at how many good catches on poorly thrown balls the wr made. Jake is very inaccurate and hardly ever hits a wr in stride. I am surprised they don't all have broken ribs from all the high passes he throws.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Ever ask yourself why receivers can catch Scar's passes in a hurricane but not Jakes on a sunny day?
There is a fact stated among good receivers that some QBs just throw an easier ball to catch. I don't know all the determining factors, I was a DB, but it has to do with spin, velocity and normal placement. So like balls thrown in perfect stride but placed at stomach height 40mph might be a lot easier to catch vs a ball exactly at shoulder height at 45mph. Then I think there is personal WR location preference that should come with practice reps. But I have heard WRs more than once say certain QBs just throw an easy ball to catch.

That said, it often looks like Jake is just doing good to put the ball in catchable range and not in interception range. I noticed last week that Scar's passes were often in perfect stride making it easy for the WR to turn up field. Lots of Jake's passes have the WRs all out of position therefore they have to get body under control again before they can turn up field therefore normally stopping the play once the catch is made as the defender has time to tackle as the wr is regrouping.

All that to say, yes I noticed! Haha!

Noticed on the 2nd TD, he wanted to do his jumping around, but looked like someone told him to calm down.

I wonder if Jake and/or his receivers suffer from 'stage fright' in the 1st quarter of a game?

Reactions: Judson1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT