ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get Derion Kendrick to transfer to us?

In the grand scheme of things smoking weed recreationally is about as big of an issue as getting a speeding ticket. It is, however and stupidly, still illegal in SC. If the employer (CU AD) tells you to stop something and you continue to do that activity, then you get fired (asked to hit the road and end up in the transfer portal).

This kid has issues with authority and compliance. We don’t need a bad apple in our barrel. My .02 worth on the kid

Hopefully he goes to FSU. They like trouble makers and maybe he can try to stick it to Clemson

Reactions: PC31
In the grand scheme of things smoking weed recreationally is about as big of an issue as getting a speeding ticket. It is, however and stupidly, still illegal in SC. If the employer (CU AD) tells you to stop something and you continue to do that activity, then you get fired (asked to hit the road and end up in the transfer portal).

This kid has issues with authority and compliance. We don’t need a bad apple in our barrel. My .02 worth on the kid
There were many things that led to him being kicked off the team and it occurred for the three years he was there. Missing meetings, late to practice, skipping class....he was given more chances than he should have been given. He is immature and has an inflated view of himself. It was pretty much assumed he would go pro after last season but he wanted to come back for another year and Dabo gave him a very specific list of requirements he had to adhere to. DK knew it was all on the line and could only comply for a month.

Its sad because he is a tremendous talent but can't get out of his own way. Hopefully he can find a team and play a solid season and get drafted but he has some growing up to do. He basically quit tackling people halfway through last season and his outing in the playoff game was embarrassing.

There were many things that led to him being kicked off the team and it occurred for the three years he was there. Missing meetings, late to practice, skipping class....he was given more chances than he should have been given. He is immature and has an inflated view of himself. It was pretty much assumed he would go pro after last season but he wanted to come back for another year and Dabo gave him a very specific list of requirements he had to adhere to. DK knew it was all on the line and could only comply for a month.

Its sad because he is a tremendous talent but can't get out of his own way. Hopefully he can find a team and play a solid season and get drafted but he has some growing up to do. He basically quit tackling people halfway through last season and his outing in the playoff game was embarrassing.
Thanks for the response. I'd still take him and his flaws for our patchup season that is 2021.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Thanks for the response. I'd still take him and his flaws for our patchup season that is 2021.
These guys mature at different rates. At that age I was an idiot. My wife would tell you I still am even though I'm 49. The pressure on these guys at such a young age is immense. I never want to see a young person struggle, but most of his issues are self inflicted unfortunately. The good news is that he himself has the power to change that. Good luck to him

except someone like could cause more harm than good because they will negatively effect team moral, especially when Beamer is trying to change the culture.
I think that is some of what Dabo was running into, although some players did speak to Dabo on DK's behalf.

c242689b3d0c54779e9589c69beefc52.gif

Reactions: GCDC1959
Not worth it. He would be here for one year. His presence wouldn't make that much difference. Especially when one considers how he got burned against OSU in the playoff game.

No. Not worth it. Missing meetings, missing class, late to practice - all signs of smoking the weed. And a head case. One bad apple will spoil others. I disagree on the pressure aspect. Plenty of students are under worse pressure - can’t get up the tuition money , struggling academically, etc.

except someone like could cause more harm than good because they will negatively effect team moral, especially when Beamer is trying to change the culture.
Yeah, if Clem5on is getting rid of him we don’t want him, they let a player throw his girlfriend down the stairs with no repercussions...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT