ADVERTISEMENT

Can't say I know how to feel after a Final Four loss...

Experienced this feeling once before; in 2011, I was a student at VCU when the rams went to the final four in Houston. That loss to Butler left me with a hollow feeling, because the rams had an impressive run leading up to that game. Watching butler Play Connecticut that following Monday sucked! While everyone was pulling for "cute scrappy little butler," I can't tell you how hard I pulled for UConn that night! I also thought that should be VCU playing UConn the whole time. Hope Oregon wins tonight, can't pull for UNC, but as a vindictive fan, gonzaga is now "public enemy #1" for me, won't pull for them Monday night either.

I'm OK with it. Both because I didn't expect to be there (nobody expected it) and because we fought hard. Remember last year Oklahoma lost by 44 points in the semi-finals. It would have taken a loss of that proportion for me to feel disappointed.

Now, if UNCarolina wins the national title, I will be sad. Very sad. But that's a separate issue.

Reactions: chick75
...but I'm proud as hell of this team and coaches, they gave us 1000% percent of themselves, but I still feel like I got kicked in the gut. Weird feeling. I guess this is how it is?
We proved that we were not lucky...
We proved that a group of blue collar type teams can overcome w teamwork....
We proved that it's not exclusively a game of stars

We need to parlay this into the type of recruiting it will take to make the next steps
Kotsar, Silva, Felder, Dozier, ...Beaty will make a great nucleus

I'm glad we showed we belonged. I've been worried about that since the tournament started. The boys did well.

I would have loved to see Thornwell 100%. It is what it is. I prolly won't have to worry about losing in the final 4 again in my lifetime lol

Reactions: RaginRooster
It is rough. Was a fun ride. But if it was football I would be in bad bad bad bad bad shape.

It is rough. Was a fun ride. But if it was football I would be in bad bad bad bad bad shape.

Getting there in football is so much different than getting there in basketball. In football, you gotta win pretty much every game then depend on a group of people to invite you to a select "playoff."

In basketball, you just need to earn your way into a 68 team tourney. The rest is about getting hot at the right time. This is why the NCAA tournament is just sooooo awesome.

Reactions: Heyward1
Good coaching makes the difference in the tournament. If Ray Tanner and Pastides are smart, they will pay whatever it takes to keep Martin here and happy.

Martin not only coached up the team, he coached me up. Heard him say few weeks ago you have to have great bigs to be good. I had sort of dismissed the level of their importance with 3 point shot and focus on guards in the tournament. This tournament revealed the critical role they play.

What he did with Silva this year was stunning.

Martin not only coached up the team, he coached me up. Heard him say few weeks ago you have to have great bigs to be good. I had sort of dismissed the level of their importance with 3 point shot and focus on guards in the tournament. This tournament revealed the critical role they play.

What he did with Silva this year was stunning.
Silva and Dozier played their asses off. Great nucleus to continue building our basketball program. Zion Williamson could make us better for sure.

Reactions: chick75
I'm not sad at all. I thought I would be, but I found myself cheering the attitude and work ethic these players brought to the Final Four as representatives of MY SCHOOL. Wow. What a feeling that is. I don't feel as I did after we lost out to those schools that will not be named when Fogler coached and certainly not as I felt after the season-ending losses when we were being disrespected in the ACC.

They went off that court as players who love their school and love their game and who are proud of themselves. That was great!

I will miss the seniors, though. It's never long enough when things go well, is it?

GOCOCKS! BEATAUB! BEATMSU!

Reactions: DarkCock
I would have loved to see Thornwell 100%. It is what it is. I prolly won't have to worry about losing in the final 4 again in my lifetime lol
If Thornwell was still feeling sick, it showed. If at 100%, we had a legit chance of winning. Once we made the late run, we blew it with a number of bad decisions/possessions. Was hoping for at least OT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT