ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina is no longer an elite baseball program... It took Ray Tanner 14 years to build

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
A National Championship and took Chad Holbroken 5 years to undo the program...

With that said, we can't look back on the hire, we can only look forward and hope Mark Kingston is the man to turn this program around...

I don't know if Mark Kingston is the right person or not, but only God knows and we have to do is support the players and coaching staff... And beat the crap out of CofC!

Reactions: rogue cock
It always takes longer to build something than to destroy it.

You are right!

I remembered the 2000 team and thought we would never see a national championship ever...

Losing at home to Louisiana-Lafayette in the Super Regionals broke my heart, knowing we had the best team in the nation...

Two years later beating Clemson the in CWS back to back, and played Texas; winner takes all in the championship and it would be the last year for that format...

Everything back then felt like how close we were from winning a national championship...

Now, its all a distant memory...

We haven't been elite for awhile, now it's gotten to the point where we aren't even really good. I do agree that the foundation seems completely gone. Whoever builds it back is going to have to start from scratch.

We were going to fall after 2012 regardless of the coach. Those were some once-in-a-generation players. We haven't had many of those since. LSU hasn't been the same. Southern Cal used to be a power. It can be cyclical. We'll get back to Omaha, but it will take a couple years.

Proof that just because you're a great coach, doesn't mean you are automatically going to be a great AD. Still think he's not the right choice for AD, and despite what some claim here on the board, I don't think Staley would be either. You are EITHER a coach or an admin. Not both.

We were going to fall after 2012 regardless of the coach. Those were some once-in-a-generation players. We haven't had many of those since. LSU hasn't been the same. Southern Cal used to be a power. It can be cyclical. We'll get back to Omaha, but it will take a couple years.
Have any of those places fallen to this level?

What do you mean LSU hasn't been the same? They played for the title last year.

Reactions: jonesz21

I’ll turn to a different sport for a relevant analogy - football. Carolina baseball is similar to Tennessee and Florida football. Great tradition, success in the not too distant past (although for Tennessee that memory is getting very distant) and recent hard times.

I don’t doubt UF and maybe UT football will return, and I don’t doubt Carolina baseball will return to prominence too. The only question is when, not if.

LSU went from winning 5 national titles in less than 9 years to 1 in the last 17 years.
USC went from winning 10 national titles under Rod Dadeaux to being completely irrelevant for a quarter century.
So relatively speaking, yes. They have fallen from a higher plateau than we ever reached.
Oh yeah, Georgia went to 4 World series in 8 years '01-08'. They have been a dumpster fire ever since. Zero postseason.

Reactions: king ward
LSU went from winning 5 national titles in less than 9 years to 1 in the last 17 years.
USC went from winning 10 national titles under Rod Dadeaux to being completely irrelevant for a quarter century.
So relatively speaking, yes. They have fallen from a higher plateau than we ever reached.
Oh yeah, Georgia went to 4 World series in 8 years '01-08'. They have been a dumpster fire ever since. Zero postseason.
Misery loves company.

Not to quibble, but did any of those programs become this infernally bad?

Every elite program goes thru valleys... Gamecock baseball will be back sooner than you gents think... Stop all the whining and Coach Kingston a chance to recruit some players to hit and pitch

You're not from around here, are you boy...

When we say USC, we mean Carolina...

The other team who shall not be mention as "USC" from the left coast is called Southern Cal...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_World_Series

We used to like Sunday games because we'd be playing for a sweep or series win.

Now Sunday games are to prevent being swept.

Tanner looks cool in a suit and sunglasses though.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
You guys think Kingston is the right guy. many of you are so sure. I, personally dont know and we all will have to wait and see. What strikes me as so odd is many of you say wait to HE GETS HIS PLAYERS IN HERE. If he is a great coach, he would have the guys playing better than this chit, right/wrong? Champ took a 3 win team and made them 6 win with out any of his guys. We just started our worse record in 20 years in baseball with this coach and another coach’s guys. Great coach? So far, he is the opposite.

Tanner looks cool in a suit and sunglasses though.
If He's so upset that our baseball program has not maintained the excellence that he achieved, you would think he'd look distraught. Maybe he wears the shades to hide the tears. Like Smokey Robinson would say" the tears of a clown"

Not to quibble, but did any of those programs become this infernally bad?
Ask LSU baseball fans about Smoke Lavall.....

Kingston is in his honeymoon year, however his team looks as bad or worse than last season. I know we lost some good pitching, but the position players are mostly the same?

Can't hit worth a crap, and have left about 200 men on base season to date. Let that sink in, around 200 LOB's through 23 games....

That is NOT a stat for success...

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Hope I'm wrong but this year's team could end up with one of the worst records we've had in decades.

Hope I'm wrong but this year's team could end up with one of the worst records we've had in decades.

That might look good for recruiting...

Young players have a chance to play next year, besides I don't think Mark Kingston got a good start in recruiting last season being hired in June...

Handing the team over to Chad Holbrook was the most epic monumental blunder in our baseball history! This move was akin to the Coca Cola company introducing the “New Coke” garbage in 1984!!!
The difference is coke saw their blunder and promptly corrected it. We let Holbrook stick around long enough to screw thugs up on a Horn level.

Those World Series ain't coming off the wall, those Rosenblatt seats ain't coming out the lobby and those trophies ain't coming out the case! Just win anyway

You're not from around here, are you boy...

When we say USC, we mean Carolina...

The other team who shall not be mention as "USC" from the left coast is called Southern Cal...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_World_Series

. . . but, but, but their Administration doesn't LIKE to be referred to as Southern Cal. They whine, bellyache and even sue when the name, Southern Cal, is used in media or elsewhere. Screw 'em. They're SOUTHERN CAL!!!

Last edited:
Kingston is in his honeymoon year, however his team looks as bad or worse than last season. I know we lost some good pitching, but the position players are mostly the same?

Can't hit worth a crap, and have left about 200 men on base season to date. Let that sink in, around 200 LOB's through 23 games....

That is NOT a stat for success...
5 LOB thru 4 already today. No runs

You guys think Kingston is the right guy. many of you are so sure. I, personally dont know and we all will have to wait and see. What strikes me as so odd is many of you say wait to HE GETS HIS PLAYERS IN HERE. If he is a great coach, he would have the guys playing better than this chit, right/wrong? Champ took a 3 win team and made them 6 win with out any of his guys. We just started our worse record in 20 years in baseball with this coach and another coach’s guys. Great coach? So far, he is the opposite.
Dude please cut the crap... He has a paper thin pitching staff with his best starter injured.. Add a roster full of 200 hitters and it spells disaster... Kingston proved he could coach before he got here... He has got to go recruit... Our offense is pathetic...Adam Hill and 3 freshman is all we got

Dude please cut the crap... He has a paper thin pitching staff with his best starter injured.. Add a roster full of 200 hitters and it spells disaster... Kingston proved he could coach before he got here... He has got to go recruit... Our offense is pathetic...Adam Hill and 3 freshman is all we got
Hopefully the negative attitudes will read your post very , very slowly and try to comprehend what you said. You are exactly correct.

I'm not ready to throw Kingston off the Gervais a Street bridge yet. I think there were some really bad off the field problems in this program for the past 2-3 years that he has had to clean up as well as having a depleted roster.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Well, I have learned one thing in life....YOU HAVE AN ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT