ADVERTISEMENT

CFP ? 4 teams if this happens?

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
Michigan , Notre dame, and Clemson wins out, UGA beats Alabama in SECCG, who you got goin to the playoff?

Can you leave out bama, or uga as a 1 loss conference champion?

Michigan , Notre dame, and Clemson wins out, UGA beats Alabama in SECCG, who you got goin to the playoff?

this would be fun to see. If bama is left out, Clempson has an easy road.

Believe they would have to leave BAMA out under that scenario and the talking heads would have a ball.

Reactions: DrMickey
If ND is undefeated, can they take the spot as the ACC champion? Then, allows both UGA and Bama in. Michigan in as the Big10 champ. Leave Clemson out.

I know that would never happen. And, don’t think Michigan will win out either. So, likely Clemson, ND, the SEC champ and runner up.

If ND is undefeated, can they take the spot as the ACC champion? Then, allows both UGA and Bama in. Michigan in as the Big10 champ. Leave Clemson out.

I know that would never happen. And, don’t think Michigan will win out either. So, likely Clemson, ND, the SEC champ and runner up.
Pulling hard for Michigan to lose, even if it's to Ohio State, but I fear they are for real.

This is really easy... If Georgia wins out and beats Alabama ( not going to happen) and If Norte Dame wins out.....

Its Alabama, Clemson Norte Dame and Georgia in that order

A one loss Alabama will go to the playoffs

Reactions: SCexpat38

If Clemson wins out they are a guarantee for playoffs..it doesnt matter what happens to the other teams

Another angle to this. Notre Dame beat Michigan. And the eyeball test tells all that ND is a fraud. Just like the Big Ten is a fraud. So I think you could take UGA as champion, and then Bama under the criteria that their loss to UGA was a better loss than Michigan's was to ND. Clemson is and has been in since their narrow escape at TAMU due to their high school schedule.

this would be fun to see. If bama is left out, Clempson has an easy road.

Well an easy road would match up with their regular season.
It’s a shame Bama must play a physical game with Georgia while the taters opponent will barely be ranked. And if they are it’s to boost the interest in the game. It’s so out of whack (ACC title) you can bet the other team gets no calls. There’s only one payday for the ACC. And you can bet the refs will be reminded of it.

Some guy on Twitter just asked this exact scenario to Mike Farrell of Rivals,he response would be that Bama would be left out.

Notre Dame will be PISSED if that happens. They Take BAMA (again) Lets hopre the taters lose to SC, then no problem, UGA,BAMA,Mich and ND. ND's schedule is tougher than Climpson's, But without a Conference Championship game, ND is on outside looking in..

This would be interesting and I hope it happens because the only way UGA beats Bama is in a very fluky game. Regardless either Bama, ND, or Michigan would have to be left out causing huge uproar bc they are blue bloods. Hopefully this leads playoff expansion to 6 or 8 teams (power 5 conference champs auto bids, 1 or 3 at large)

If there is an expansion first round has to be at higher seeds home field. Traveling to two of these games in a 10 day period is already tough for the average fan, especially when they aren’t in driving distance.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
One thing you can bet on ... If Norte dame wins out they are in the playoffs ... Not even a doubt
i disagree......
Lets say the Taters luck up and beat the second toughest team on their schedule and go Undefeated, Mich and Oklahoma Run the table, I say ND is OUT.. That would put Bama (or Ga) Mich, Oklahoma and Taters.. The Good part, If taters lose THEY ARE OUT!!

How about if the unthinkable happens; USC upsets Clemson, UGA upsets Bama. Bama has a better body of work and a better loss. The taters get left out thanks to us. I can't imagine a better scenario. A long shot I know but nice to think about it anyway.

i disagree......
Lets say the Taters luck up and beat the second toughest team on their schedule and go Undefeated, Mich and Oklahoma Run the table, I say ND is OUT.. That would put Bama (or Ga) Mich, Oklahoma and Taters.. The Good part, If taters lose THEY ARE OUT!!

So you believe Undefeated Norte dame will b left out of playoffs ... No way
And in all due respect , Oklahoma , not happening

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
So you believe Undefeated Norte dame will b left out of playoffs ... No way
And in all due respect , Oklahoma , not happening
Okay, That is My opinion, Seems like they said something Similar when Bama went by not even winning their Conference Championship. I think that made them put a LITTLE more stock in a Conference Championship...

How about if the unthinkable happens; USC upsets Clemson, UGA upsets Bama. Bama has a better body of work and a better loss. The taters get left out thanks to us. I can't imagine a better scenario. A long shot I know but nice to think about it anyway.
Bama wont lose... I am not a "Bama fan, but there are about as good a College Football team as there has been in Recent history..

Okay, That is My opinion, Seems like they said something Similar when Bama went by not even winning their Conference Championship. I think that made them put a LITTLE more stock in a Conference Championship...

Yep everyone has a right to their opinion

Reactions: cockofdawn
Notre Dame should have to play a qualifier to make the playoffs, especially since the other teams will possibly have to play 13 games. Alabama made it last year without playing in the SEC Championship but for the most part teams are gonna have to play that 13th matchup!

Notre Dame should have to play a qualifier to make the playoffs, especially since the other teams will possibly have to play 13 games. Alabama made it last year without playing in the SEC Championship but for the most part teams are gonna have to play that 13th matchup!
They ain't gonna do that. Notre Dame is coveted due to TV ratings alone. They will always be the sacred cow until time shall be no more.

Guys, guys...first Bama will likely not lose, but if they do and all other things above happen; they are OUT. The SECCG will essentially serve as a playoff game. Last year Bama lost early enough to get back in the mix without a CG appearance. The cards fell in place. Big Ten championship was an upset or else Bama would have never been National Champions.

Guys, guys...first Bama will likely not lose, but if they do and all other things above happen; they are OUT. The SECCG will essentially serve as a playoff game. Last year Bama lost early enough to get back in the mix without a CG appearance. The cards fell in place. Big Ten championship was an upset or else Bama would have never been National Champions.
No they didn't. Auburn beat them in the Iron Bowl the week before the SECCG.

This is really easy... If Georgia wins out and beats Alabama ( not going to happen) and If Norte Dame wins out.....

Its Alabama, Clemson Norte Dame and Georgia in that order

A one loss Alabama will go to the playoffs

No, it would be Clemson, ND, Georgia, and Alabama. With Clemson vs Alabama and ND vs Georgia

If the sky falls and Alabama does loss to Georgia
... a 1 loss Michigan will NEVER go into the playoffs over a 1 loss Alabama. That you can take to the bank.

This is a doomsday scenario and I’d like to see the backlash however it would turn out.

My personal opinion (which means nothing) is that they’d leave Michigan out as a 1-loss conference champion and take Alabama. Would cite the “eye test” and the comparison of their 1 loss.

Clemson
Georgia
Notre Dame
Alabama

There 4 guarantees in life.... death, taxes ... and a undefeated Norte Dame and if Alabama's only loss is in the SEC championship game getting into the national championship playoffs

I hate to say it, and it definitley is not Fair, But if Taters go Undefeated, They are in.. Regardless of how Bad their schedule is..

So you hate to say that if a team is in the top four and finish the season undefeated is in the playoffs? That’s not fair or is that not fair because you hate the tater team? Just trying to follow your logic.

This is a doomsday scenario and I’d like to see the backlash however it would turn out.

My personal opinion (which means nothing) is that they’d leave Michigan out as a 1-loss conference champion and take Alabama. Would cite the “eye test” and the comparison of their 1 loss.

Clemson
Georgia
Notre Dame
Alabama

correct... just like last year when Alabama lost a game Alabama is the best team in the country , even with 1 loss

If the sky falls and Alabama does loss to Georgia
... a 1 loss Michigan will NEVER go into the playoffs over a 1 loss Alabama. That you can take to the bank.

If that loss drops Alabama out of the top four, they’re left out.
Before championship week;
1. Alabama, 2. Clemson, 3. ND, 4. Michigan, 5. UGA

Clemson beats a nobody in ACCCG
ND plays no one
Michigan wins B10 CG
UGA nips Alabama in SECCG

1. Clemson, 2. Michigan, 3. UGA, 4. ND

How can it be any other way? Thoughts.

If that loss drops Alabama out of the top four, they’re left out.
Before championship week;
1. Alabama, 2. Clemson, 3. ND, 4. Michigan, 5. UGA

Clemson beats a nobody in ACCCG
ND plays no one
Michigan wins B10 CG
UGA nips Alabama in SECCG

1. Clemson, 2. Michigan, 3. UGA, 4. ND

How can it be any other way? Thoughts.

that loss to Georgia( will not happen) but if a miracle happened... will not drop them below 4 .. just like Bama's loss last year to Auburn didnt hurt Bama in playoffs
Norte Dame beat Mich...and they are STILL N.D...they will be in at undefeated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT