ADVERTISEMENT

Champ says Jam Williams is going to be starting safety...

lowcountry_cock13

Oct 12, 2017
Isn't he a bit small for the position? 5-8 174 lbs. Are there any other S around this size in the SEC?
I remember DJ Swearinger played at 205.

I just think it speaks more to what we have back there.

Yeah, that's what worries me. I get it if he is just playing safety in the nickel package but other than that teams will be taking advantage of his size in both passing and running games. I knew we were thin at safety, but man... I hope we get that grad transfer from Texas A&m for at least some depth.

I don't understand why some are so worried about this? Jam was moved to Safety in some of the defensive packages last season. It's not like this is a brand new position for him to learn.

Reactions: rogue cock
I feel this is the most logical decision for Jam. Looking at him on the field last season, he is physically unqualified to play cornerback due to lack of height. Doesn't matter how quick or pesky he is, he will in most cases be over matched by much taller receivers. Hope this position switch will work out in the long run.

It's his size,for a safety, not his experience that has people talking. With his quickness and agility he's should to be a shut down corner, not a safety...corner was the position he was recruited to play

but hey, im just a fan..Muschamps the coach

I don't understand why some are so worried about this? Jam was moved to Safety in some of the defensive packages last season. It's not like this is a brand new position for him to learn.
Agree. I think it says more about the progress of our corners that we can turn Jamyest into more of a centerfielder in the secondary. I think it's a positive sign, since only his height was a concern at CB.

How's his injury? He missed the last few games if I recall correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT