ADVERTISEMENT

Channing Tindall...

If he goes out of state is because he wanted to go out of state, some do. It doesn't reflect on his recruiters unless they didn't recruit him at all. I'd love to get him though.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
If he goes out of state is because he wanted to go out of state, some do. It doesn't reflect on his recruiters unless they didn't recruit him at all. I'd love to get him though.
Truth. I'll go back about 15 years, and talk about some Spring Valley kids who "got away" that disappointed a lot of us back then. One was an O-Lineman who ended up at Auburn, I think. The other was a DE who ended up a Maryland. I'm not sure how either panned out in college, but we were never really in the running.
The big difference here, as Jim stated, was the recruiter's efforts. This staff is working to sign the kids they want, especially local kids. Holtz and Company were never a presence at Spring Valley (in spite of the fact that Skip lived 5 minutes away). Now THAT kind of effort is beyond disappointing.

Truth. I'll go back about 15 years, and talk about some Spring Valley kids who "got away" that disappointed a lot of us back then. One was an O-Lineman who ended up at Auburn, I think. The other was a DE who ended up a Maryland. I'm not sure how either panned out in college, but we were never really in the running.
The big difference here, as Jim stated, was the recruiter's efforts. This staff is working to sign the kids they want, especially local kids. Holtz and Company were never a presence at Spring Valley (in spite of the fact that Skip lived 5 minutes away). Now THAT kind of effort is beyond disappointing.
I guess they figured if you're local you can't play. Always show love to the in state player their coach won't forget.

I guess they figured if you're local you can't play. Always show love to the in state player their coach won't forget.

That's what those taters don't understand. While they are focused on all their out of state 5 stars we are developing relationships. That is bound to pay off. Sure, the top talent in the state rejected us again but if we keep taking these lower ranked kids their younger friends will pay attention when their turn comes.

They are at a point where they can afford to be selective. They have XT and Belk and Kendrick who are local. Sucks but those are top rated players. Right now neglecting the state is not hurting them. All we can do is continue to build those relationships

Reactions: ChristheContractor
i think tindall and/or hollifield will fall into usc's lap and end being a skai moore-type difference maker

The ol was pretty much a bust at Auburn. He did some things during the recruiting process that were unbecoming to USC(Came to our recruiting event and encouraged M L to come to Auburn) plus made disparging remarks to insult us. Normally I don"t trash kids who go elsewhere but this guy was an exception. Auburn did get a quality lb out of Columbia who played lights out for them a few years ago. UGA gave their last sch. to Tim Jennings as a project after we and the upstaters passed on him. Some project he turned out to be!. Don't know about the de at Maryland.

That's what those taters don't understand. While they are focused on all their out of state 5 stars we are developing relationships. That is bound to pay off. Sure, the top talent in the state rejected us again but if we keep taking these lower ranked kids their younger friends will pay attention when their turn comes.

What? LOL. If we keep taking these lower ranked kids, we are going to be looking for a new coach in a few years and the entire process starts over again. WE need talent and we need it now!

Muschamp is approving all these and he already said he goes by his evaluations in camp more than he does star ratings. It's his risk but his options may be limited right now. The hope is his evaluations are better than others. After the last regime many are not comfortable with trust the coaches mindset. I will say his evaluations appear much better than the last staff. Know that's not saying much

Muschamp is approving all these and he already said he goes by his evaluations in camp more than he does star ratings. It's his risk but his options may be limited right now. The hope is his evaluations are better than others. After the last regime many are not comfortable with trust the coaches mindset. I will say his evaluations appear much better than the last staff. Know that's not saying much
I heard it from a reliable source that at the Spurrier camps some of the campers were not even spoken to.

I heard it from a reliable source that at the Spurrier camps some of the campers were not even spoken to.

Thankfully we don't have to deal with that anymore. Say what you will about Muschamp but he will work his butt off in recruiting

Don't make Tindall a life, or death, issue. Doubt seriously he ends up at USC. Move on

Don't make Tindall a life, or death, issue. Doubt seriously he ends up at USC. Move on

Not life or death but after missing on others in this class Tindall and Sandidge are close to must haves for us at this point

Remember that when we are getting our asses handed to us because we don't have the quality players to prevent 3rd and long. It does matter to lose top flight prospects and we are doing it too often. Not blaming the coaches they are busting it.

I've often wondered how good our program would have been if SOS had exerted so much as a moderate fart in recruiting.

I've always wondered if Spurrier and Co had tried harder to retain some the players who left early, like keeping Sanders for the 2013 team vs being a 4th rnd pick, who went early, if he had pitched hard for them to stay in an effort to stay and win it all, how much better the 2013 team could of been.

Seemed like the staff attitude was if you want to leave, see ya

Even Kelcy Quarles and Bruce Ellington could of helped the 2014 squad not nose dive so fast. Some players leave because of grades im sure, like Victor Hampton who could of helped the 2014 team.

giphy.gif

...better not lose him. If a kid friend from 15 miles away goes out of state then that bad news.
Listen my friend. Just because a kid only li0ves 15 miles from you in Columbia 0dosen't mean that he will be any easier to recruit than someone from far away. I'm sure our coaches are doing all they can to make him a Gamecock.

Reactions: jimnasium
Listen my friend. Just because a kid only li0ves 15 miles from you in Columbia 0dosen't mean that he will be any easier to recruit than someone from far away. I'm sure our coaches are doing all they can to make him a Gamecock.

Actually, 9 times out of 10, yes, yes it does.

Now that's really neat....a tater trying not to sound like a tater.

Haven't you ever heard of "Birds of a feather"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT