ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fan here, but...

TaterTater

Jun 12, 2019
Tennessee
I come in peace.

I’m here because I moved to Tennessee a few years ago and I have no Carolina fans around me to talk football with. I miss the banter. I miss the sarcasm. I miss the wishful thinking, the next year talk. And to be honest TigerNet is just boring.

I really want to have conversations with Carolina fans about the state of your team and what the future looks like. I’m of the opinion that you guys are ahead of schedule, and have as much talent (if not more once the commits you have sign) then you did during the Spurrier years. I’m interested to see if Muschamp can take a turn in his career these next two years and beat a good team (God knows he will have enough chances with your schedule) or if he really is just a great recruiter that should stick to the D coordinator role (FWIW I'm in this camp currently).

Excited to join the conversations. Don’t hold back on your s*%t talk, bc I sure don’t plan on it. SmokinSmile

Welcome to the board. I agree that our talent is on the rise and is head and shoulders (literally) better than any team since 2013. Time will tell if our depth will hold up on the DLine to compete at the the end of the season, but we have some reasons to be excited about that side of the line.

This years game between Carolina and Clemson should be the closest game since Muschamp took over.

Personally, I’m curious to see if Bentley can play like he did against Clemson last year, for 12 games. His inconsistency has been frustrating but the dude has talent and can make all the throws. I’d like to see him take the next step, with a little bit of Joyner mixed in, as he brings an entirely different skill set to the position.

My realistic season expectations are 8-4, with a 9th win in a bowl game. I wouldn’t put it past us to sneak out an early season upset vs Bama, but I’d like to see how we come out in week 1 before giving us better than a 30% to beat them at home again. If they green light alcohol sales during the games, then anything can happen :)

I would ask you about Clemson’s projections, but considering y’all play Tennis teams, 8 out of 12 of your season games, I already know y’all are feeling good about coming into rivalry week undefeated...as you should.

Welcome to the board. I agree that our talent is on the rise and is head and shoulders (literally) better than any team since 2013. Time will tell if our depth will hold up on the DLine to compete at the the end of the season, but we have some reasons to be excited about that side of the line.

This years game between Carolina and Clemson should be the closest game since Muschamp took over.

Personally, I’m curious to see if Bentley can play like he did against Clemson last year, for 12 games. His inconsistency has been frustrating but the dude has talent and can make all the throws. I’d like to see him take the next step, with a little bit of Joyner mixed in, as he brings an entirely different skill set to the position.

My realistic season expectations are 8-4, with a 9th win in a bowl game. I wouldn’t put it past us to sneak out an early season upset vs Bama, but I’d like to see how we come out in week 1 before giving us better than a 30% to beat them at home again. If they green light alcohol sales during the games, then anything can happen :)

I would ask you about Clemson’s projections, but considering y’all play Tennis teams, 8 out of 12 of your season games, I already know y’all are feeling good about coming into rivalry week undefeated...as you should.

A win over Bama seems a bit on the o_O side, but 8-4 doesn't seem far off. I'm thinking you get over the hump vs Kentucky, and then lose to us, Bama, UGA, and one more somewhere along the line. While I know y'all are still riding high on 3 touchdown loss to us last year, I think we were probably looking a bit ahead that week, and that probably doesn't bode well for you next season. Remember how many out of state players we have playing key positions, so tbh it isn't the same type of game in their mind as it is in ours. I would imagine some of those younger players will be a little more focused this time around...

Our schedule is obviously easier, but when you're on top you get everyones best and that comes with it's own challenges. I predict a great record for us, but I'd pick about same the thing if we had yours. MAYBE one regular season loss vs either Bama or UGA.

"While I know y'all are still riding high on 3 touchdown loss to us last year, I think we were probably looking a bit ahead that week, and that probably doesn't bode well for you next season."

Yeah, you won, and you said that you came in peace, but please restrain your arrogance just a bit, if that is possible.

Another tater that don’t like hanging out with his on kind. Smh. There is a reason espn announced them the worse fan base in college sports.

FGF is starting to feel a lot like SC where to many Yankees move down here to get away from their own kind. Only to bring with them the same arragonance behavior they were trying to leave.

Tater tater = Tater logic

I come in peace.

I’m here because I moved to Tennessee a few years ago and I have no Carolina fans around me to talk football with. I miss the banter. I miss the sarcasm. I miss the wishful thinking, the next year talk. And to be honest TigerNet is just boring.

I really want to have conversations with Carolina fans about the state of your team and what the future looks like. I’m of the opinion that you guys are ahead of schedule, and have as much talent (if not more once the commits you have sign) then you did during the Spurrier years. I’m interested to see if Muschamp can take a turn in his career these next two years and beat a good team (God knows he will have enough chances with your schedule) or if he really is just a great recruiter that should stick to the D coordinator role (FWIW I'm in this camp currently).

Excited to join the conversations. Don’t hold back on your s*%t talk, bc I sure don’t plan on it. SmokinSmile

Talk all the crap you like tater. There is no where for you scum to go but down. It's going to happen much sooner than you taters think. A few years back FSU thought they were on top to stay. Now they suck. That's your tater future.

A win over Bama seems a bit on the o_O side, but 8-4 doesn't seem far off. I'm thinking you get over the hump vs Kentucky, and then lose to us, Bama, UGA, and one more somewhere along the line. While I know y'all are still riding high on 3 touchdown loss to us last year, I think we were probably looking a bit ahead that week, and that probably doesn't bode well for you next season. Remember how many out of state players we have playing key positions, so tbh it isn't the same type of game in their mind as it is in ours. I would imagine some of those younger players will be a little more focused this time around...

Our schedule is obviously easier, but when you're on top you get everyones best and that comes with it's own challenges. I predict a great record for us, but I'd pick about same the thing if we had yours. MAYBE one regular season loss vs either Bama or UGA.

Agree about the game last year. IF we had been better, we possibly could have caught y'all sleeping and pulled off an upset. But y'all were enough better than us that you could not care, sort of not try, and still beat us by 3 tds. I think that's the worst part. We totally balled out, caught y'all sleeping and still lost by 3 tds.

Talk all the crap you like tater. There is no where for you scum to go but down. It's going to happen much sooner than you taters think. A few years back FSU thought they were on top to stay. Now they suck. That's your tater future.
I think that is the cycle. Teams eventually become victims of their own success. Recruits will get tired of seeing ________ winning and want to be a part of the next big thing.

Agree about the game last year. IF we had been better, we possibly could have caught y'all sleeping and pulled off an upset. But y'all were enough better than us that you could not care, sort of not try, and still beat us by 3 tds. I think that's the worst part. We totally balled out, caught y'all sleeping and still lost by 3 tds.

I only need to read one of your post to assume you’re a bored Clemson fan posing as a gamecock...

Do better.

Hopefully we stay healthy as the season progresses- last year our defense was decimated those last games - we couldn’t stop anybody understandably with the personnel we had in

"While I know y'all are still riding high on 3 touchdown loss to us last year, I think we were probably looking a bit ahead that week, and that probably doesn't bode well for you next season."

Yeah, you won, and you said that you came in peace, but please restrain your arrogance just a bit, if that is possible.
I'm gonna call it a 2 touchdown loss...That clown should have taken a knee at then end but tried to run it up and scored again...Then we would have scored again at the end if those rednecks didn't storm the field with time still on the clock. Agreed though, if he want's so friendly banter, needs to show a little humility. BE GONE TATER

Reactions: SOSUSC
That storming the field was bush league. Anyone just turning in would have thought the clock had run out in a close game. That's why the SEC has a ban on field jumping it's just a difference in culture.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
How is Tigernet boring when you've just won a title?

I'm gonna call it a 2 touchdown loss...That clown should have taken a knee at then end but tried to run it up and scored again...Then we would have scored again at the end if those rednecks didn't storm the field with time still on the clock. Agreed though, if he want's so friendly banter, needs to show a little humility. BE GONE TATER

It’s *TaterTater... and I’m sorry that last TD hurt your feelings. If you guys get the chance I’m sure you’ll return the favor, as you should.

It’s not boring when it comes to talking about Clemson. If you see my initial post I miss talking to Carolina fans because I don’t live around any. The folks on TigerNet refuse to give y’all any credit for what you are building, and I’m interested in talking about it.

Reactions: Jpcooper

Me thinks the mere presence of Clemson fans is to gloat. We don't have much ammunition to fight back with right now. I can see why they do it. Its a great way to feel even better to discuss with a rival you are beating. Im sure being on their board can be boring given you have destroyed your enemy. Why not be here when you can relish the pain.

Reactions: LazyIslander
It’s *TaterTater... and I’m sorry that last TD hurt your feelings. If you guys get the chance I’m sure you’ll return the favor, as you should.

I cannot blame you taters for running up the score, if we ever get the chance I would expect us to do the same thing. I think the score might have been a little closer, but given our depleted defense our coaches decided to roll the dice every time, we had nothing to lose whether you won by one point or thirty points.

Reactions: TaterTater
Me thinks the mere presence of Clemson fans is to gloat. We don't have much ammunition to fight back with right now. I can see why they do it. Its a great way to feel even better to discuss with a rival you are beating. Im sure being on their board can be boring given you have destroyed your enemy. Why not be here when you can relish the pain.
I call that obsession.

It’s not boring when it comes to talking about Clemson. If you see my initial post I miss talking to Carolina fans because I don’t live around any. The folks on TigerNet refuse to give y’all any credit for what you are building, and I’m interested in talking about it.
Tell me why it is that when I go over there (taternet) and shoot the shit, so to speak, .......I get banned
immediately ?

I come in peace.

I didn't read anybody else's response because here's the bottom line:

1) This years schedule is not just tough, it's beyond torture is what it is. *IF* we win vs UNC in the first game of the year, we'll have a decent chance at going 6-6 and making a bowl. (And unlike last year's bowl game, this years bowl game actually WILL NOT matter as far as outcome, because just going 6-6 will be a small miracle - and thus good enough to ignore any bowl results) But to be honest, I'm not holding out much hope for winning the opener vs UNC....and if that happens, the wheels will have already fallen off the bus with no recovery in sight. = Champ ultimately gone.

2) Let's put aside the worst case scenario mentioned above and go with the 6-6 scenario. Champ will still have to start a freshman in the 2020 season. There will be those who follow me that will talk about Joyner at QB and him not being a freshman....but Joyner is never going to be our QB and is currently wasting a spot on the bench / and our coaches are allowing it to happen. = A coaching staff that lacks the cojanas to be painfully transparent with a player.

3) Champ has some things to prove this season on the scoreboard and off. The biggest thing he must get right is playing Hilinski in the 4 games allowed, and still redshirt him. If this is not done, it's just proof Champ has no clue. Also, if we don't beat Kentucky this year, he may as well pack his bags.

(but there are plenty of spineless apologists among our fan base that will say we should give him more time - even if we go O'fer this season....here they come, in 3..2...1)

Week 3, crazier things have happened...not betting on it by any means, but it’s not out the realm of possibilities. Not probable but not impossible.

Time will tell.

Home field advantage is certainly real, especially if we don’t have to sneak in mini bottles... :)

I’m A little shocked to hear you believe your team is now superior to the rivalry. Your presence here, along with the hundreds of Clemson fans that flock to our forums year in and year out, proves that feeling to be incorrect. Time will tell what happens this year, but we’re closer talent wise than we’ve been in a while. Just know we’re 5-5 the last 10 years, and 3 of the last 5 have been the poorest gamecock teams since Pickens was our QB...

Oh and I was referring to Bentley’s performance, specifically from last year. How many Td’s and yards did he have that game? Anyways, if he can pull it together like that in all 12 games this year, we should be a top 15 team, within striking distance of any team of the country.

On the DLine keep your eyes on #52 and the return of #8 this year. JJ (#52) dropped the 30 pounds he put on last year to play out of position at DT out of depth needs, as a true freshman. The dude is crazy fast now playing at 255 on the edge.

Reactions: Jpcooper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT