ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson No. 42

76gintcock

Oct 27, 2007
I'm still waiting for the flag where he "took out" the BC starting quarterback. First, he full body slammed him. That's not permitted anymore. Then, to add insult (and injury) to injury, he rolled up over the QB, putting his full weight on him with his knees. It was a dirty play. But I'm pretty sure that Lawson is a dirty player.

Losing the QB was the end of the game for BC. I somehow doubt that what happened to him was an accident.

Dirty play by Clemson. Is anybody surprised?

Reactions: PHIL46
It was obvious he tried to put his full weight on the blow. It wasn’t just about the tackle.

That was intentional. Taters have always played like that though, no matter who the coach was.

Reactions: clark#
I'm still waiting for the flag where he "took out" the BC starting quarterback. First, he full body slammed him. That's not permitted anymore. Then, to add insult (and injury) to injury, he rolled up over the QB, putting his full weight on him with his knees. It was a dirty play. But I'm pretty sure that Lawson is a dirty player.

Losing the QB was the end of the game for BC. I somehow doubt that what happened to him was an accident.

You have been watching too much NFL! Only Clay Matthews gets called for landing on aa Q. But seriously there is no rule in college about tackling the QB unless late or leading with helmet, as much as he was definitely trying to put his weight on QB, this happens in college every game as it did in NFL until this year. As long as it wasn't a late hit or crown of helmet then he was legal. I assume college will likely adopt a similar rule in near future.

But that said, 42 is from there and they announced that he had gathered 80 Tix for family and friends to watch him play as that was his last game in front of friends and family as college player. They talked about this on Gameday and pregame so I am sure he wanted his second of fame. But you can see this same play in every college game this year and even Allen got his lick on Lawrence that would have been flagged in NFL.

wouldn't bother me if someone would break his damn leg..

And of course Dabo brings it up in the on field post game. Says he’s very concerned and hopes the kids ok.

Very, very typical GCC fan post. Everybody else cheats. Everybody else pays recruits. Everybody else plays dirty. Everybody else pays off the officials. Everybody else takes cheap shots. ESPN hates us. ESPN loves everybody else except us. The Big Ten sucks. The ACC sucks. This Head Coach sucks, that Head Coach sucks, Florida sucks, New York sucks, California sucks.

We lose a conference game and you rant about a Clemson player you watched on your 15" Sylvania ... like you even know what the F you are talking about (Read your own comments, fool)

When they publish the fact that South Carolina is 49th in education, I'll bet you're the first to point at Mississippi and take pride.

Why don't you go drink your doo-doo ice and Grow Up?

Last edited:
Very, very typical GCC fan post. Everybody else cheats. Everybody else pays recruits. Everybody else plays dirty. Everybody else pays off the officials. Everybody else takes cheap shots. ESPN hates us. ESPN loves everybody else except us. The Big Ten sucks. The ACC sucks. This Head Coach sucks, that Head Coach sucks, Florida sucks, New York sucks, California sucks.

We lose a conference game and you rant about a Clemson player you watched on your 15" Slyvania ... like you even know what the F you are talking about (Read your own comments, fool)

When they publish the fact that South Carolina is 49th in education, I'll bet you're the first to point at Mississippi and take pride.

Why don't you go drink your doo-doo ice and Grow Up?
I always make sure that whenever I make a post that attacks someone (especially if my post attacks their intelligence), I don't reference a "Slyvania" television. It kind of kills credibility.

You have been watching too much NFL! Only Clay Matthews gets called for landing on aa Q. But seriously there is no rule in college about tackling the QB unless late or leading with helmet, as much as he was definitely trying to put his weight on QB, this happens in college every game as it did in NFL until this year. As long as it wasn't a late hit or crown of helmet then he was legal. I assume college will likely adopt a similar rule in near future.

But that said, 42 is from there and they announced that he had gathered 80 Tix for family and friends to watch him play as that was his last game in front of friends and family as college player. They talked about this on Gameday and pregame so I am sure he wanted his second of fame. But you can see this same play in every college game this year and even Allen got his lick on Lawrence that would have been flagged in NFL.
Don’t care if it’s legal. It was purposefully done to take the guy out. I wondered if I was the only one to notice. He made SURE his 300 plus pounds landed on the qb.

Reactions: Judson1
The same will happen to Bentley...and Scar will be thrown into the fire and will be torched beyond recognition 'cause he has been very little playing time.

Don’t care if it’s legal. It was purposefully done to take the guy out. I wondered if I was the only one to notice. He made SURE his 300 plus pounds landed on the qb.

Flag football is played in the Big 12 . That was a perfectly legal hit, not even their coach thought it was dirty. Sigh

Flag football is played in the Big 12 . That was a perfectly legal hit, not even their coach thought it was dirty. Sigh
Don't care if it is legal. Still nasty and unnecessary! Could have seriously injured the qb for NO reason.

And of course Dabo brings it up in the on field post game. Says he’s very concerned and hopes the kids ok.
I wonder if Dabo will be as sincerely concerned if Trevor Lawrence has a career ending injury against us. He’ll surely understand how these things happen. It’s just kids playing a contact sport. I sure hope Trevor doesn’t get injured from two of our DT’s rolling him along the ground 15 to 20 yards. That would be just awful.

It was Christian Wilkens. He is not a dirty player. Probably the most beloved player on the team. He’s the first player to congratulate every player that scores. He is a volunteer substitute teacher for middle school kids in the offseason. He’s a big lovable kid.
Having said all that, once the game starts, he hits like Swearinger (sp) or Clowney. I wouldn’t change the way any of these guys play. (I also never want to see someone get hurt while playing)

Yes, perfectly legal and clean according to Herbstreit but nevertheless a cheap shot.

Glad someone else brought up Clowney and swearinger so I didn’t have to but while we’re here.... were you crying when Clowney almost killed the Michigan running back??? Probably not!!! That to was just violent legal hit. Go be a UCF fan if you don’t like watching big hits and defense. I hear pacifiers are on sale at target better hurry........

It was Christian Wilkens. He is not a dirty player. Probably the most beloved player on the team. He’s the first player to congratulate every player that scores. He is a volunteer substitute teacher for middle school kids in the offseason. He’s a big lovable kid.
Having said all that, once the game starts, he hits like Swearinger (sp) or Clowney. I wouldn’t change the way any of these guys play. (I also never want to see someone get hurt while playing)

He's dirty. Period.

Yeah, he’s one of only 10 finalists in all of college football for the CLASS award. It is given for community, classroom, character and competition. He’s definitely a jerk.

He's dirty. And yet another in a long line of NFL busts from Clem$on. Spin it however you want.

dude, he shoved his finger in another players butthole to intimidate him. repeat- he sexually assaulted another player in order to get an advantage. nah, he's not dirty

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT