ADVERTISEMENT

clemson vs. SEC

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
WOW!!! clemson porkers have always gone on and on about their 'historic' football program.

Here's a little 'history' ...

clemson is 14-10 (58.33%) vs. South Carolina since we joined the SEC (4-6 [40%] in the last decade).

Against Alabama clemson is 0-12 (0%) since formation of the SEC (having last 'won' v. 'Bama in 1905).

Against the rest of the SEC (excepting South Carolina) clemson is 32-86 (27.11%) ALL-TIME.

All-Time clemson is 4-6 (40%) in bowl games v. the SEC

CONCLUSION: clemson ain't very good against good teams

Source: http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/clem/sec.shtml

THAT'S the clemson 'history'!!!
A little fish by a little pond way out in the woods where nobody knows (or cares) who they are.

The "MICHAEL SPINKS" of college football 'champions'!!!
images

WOW!!! clemson porkers have always gone on and on about their 'historic' football program.

clemson is 14-10 (58.33%) vs. South Carolina since we joined the SEC (4-6 [40%] in the last decade).

Against Alabama clemson is 0-12 (0%) since formation of the SEC (having last 'won' v. 'Bama in 1905).

Against the rest of the SEC (excepting South Carolina) clemson is 32-86 (27.11%) ALL-TIME.

A little fish by a little pond way out in the woods where nobody knows (or cares) who they are.

images
So you know nothing about boxing either apparently.

Ugh. ANOTHER Clemson post? Don't you like basketball? You can be totally positive for our teams instead of negative towards others, no matter how much a rival.

Ugh?

How 'bout this 'compromise' ... I think OUR basketball team's chances of being 15-0 are better than clemson's football team being 15-0 (and if it happens we'll get there FIRST!!!)

FWIW - I wouldn't post squat about clemson if this board wasn't 60% trolls.

With so many of 'em here I ENJOY getting the 'word' out. Just call me a missionary. You don't have a problem with the good (record) book do you?

images
[/QUOTE]

Its funny you should say that. Now let's take a look at SC's record against the sec.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/so.../south-carolinas-time-records-every-sec-team/ (I added this year in)

It would be 105-183-10. Thats winning at a whopping 35%. Thats with running up wins against horrible vandy and Kentucky teams since the early 90's. So I really don't know why you would make this thread considering your school is just as bad. But I guess being illogical is par for the course for ss1.

Now I can't wait to see this 27 paragraph response with bold and italicized words to really hammer his point across and is perfectly punctuated and 97% of it will be off topic.

Reactions: CMTiger15
I'm mostly confused how he thinks comparing us to a light-heavyweight (one of the greatest of all-time) who won the heavyweight championship is somehow an insulting comparison.

"Thats with running up wins against horrible vandy and Kentucky teams since the early 90's." - Steve1471

At least South Carolina has winning records against those "horrible vandy (sic) and Kentucky teams". Your Clembiciles have a losing record against both.

Clemson has played vandy 4 times and not since 1960. I'm pretty sure if they played them every year since the early 90's they would have dominated them. Clemson has only played Kentucky 13 times and most of those were in bowl games when they had good teams. Again, if they played them every year since the early 90's, you know and I know the records would be quite different. But hey, that's being rational, not SC fans strong suits.

The op makes valid points. Clemson fans always talk about our all time records against the acc which was mostly formed decades ago. We have not had that many chances to play those cupcakes since joining the sec. The difference is that we know that we have a putrid record against the sec. Clemson somehow thinks they would be great in any conference.

Clemson has played vandy 4 times and not since 1960. I'm pretty sure if they played them every year since the early 90's they would have dominated them. Clemson has only played Kentucky 13 times and most of those were in bowl games when they had good teams. Again, if they played them every year since the early 90's, you know and I know the records would be quite different. But hey, that's being rational, not SC fans strong suits.

Wow! THAT 'ought settle things, especially if you're "pretty sure"!!!

Look THIS UP fella. Check clem's record v. SEC teams and SC's record against the SAME SEC teams since we joined the SEC in 1992 (only) - then check 'Carolina's record and clem's record vs. 'mutual opponent' ACC teams during the same period (apples to apples).

I'll give you a while 'fore I give you the BAD NEWS.

"Clemson has only played Kentucky 13 times and most of those were in bowl games when they had good teams." - Steve1471 Thank you for supporting the OP's conclusion.

In addition, if the University of Clemson played Vandy or Ky in the middle or at the end of a 7-game SEC grind, "I'm pretty sure" you wouldn't dominate them, just like you haven't without the SEC grind.

"Clemson has only played Kentucky 13 times and most of those were in bowl games when they had good teams." - Steve1471 Thank you for supporting the OP's conclusion.

In addition, if the University of Clemson played Vandy or Ky in the middle or at the end of a 7-game SEC grind, "I'm pretty sure" you wouldn't dominate them, just like you haven't without the SEC grind.
Hahaha, the ole "sec grind" narrative. That's classic. I guess that's why the CITADEL beat y'all, because the sec grinded you down. Ha-ha, sure.

Reactions: LakewoodTiger

Here's a conclusion for ya.....your sorry school won 3 games and lost to the CITADEL, and the Clemson Tigers just won ANOTHER orange bowl and are playing for ANOTHER national championship.

But hey, y'all have BOOM!! He is god in shamecock country because he is out recruiting like every other coach is doing. Congrats on your 11th place sec recruiting class, while Clemson's class is #5 in the country, AGAIN!

Keep on pulling out all the trolls for everyone to see SS1.

They bite hook line and sinker every time. Even most of our own 'fans' can't decipher whats a troll post so just ignore them.
Well this troll was wondering how you play football for 100+ years and have never played in a major bowl game. How is that possible? Even in your glory years you still only played in the outback bowl, against teams barely in the top 20.

Beat your chest about baseball, that's justified. Football, not so much. You are an embarrassment to the sec and the sec only laughs at you and muschamp.

Nope, Citadel beat the worst SC team to take the field since CUjr. legend Brad more-chins-than-wins Scott was in charge.

Here's another thought for ya: the best team in your history eked out a 5-point victory against the worst SC team of this century aka the worst in the SEC this year -- and yet you think the U of Clempson would dominate the SEC. Reality called, it misses you, wants you to get in touch sometime.

Some of you trolls are just to funny, you talk about SC record in the SEC and say most of our wins are from teams like Vandy and Kentucky. I get it, but when you play in the ACC that has 11 of the 14 teams on or below the level of Vandy and Kentucky what credibility does your point have. Clemson over years have won a ton of games playing teams on this level. Spurs Up

Hahaha, the ole "sec grind" narrative. That's classic. I guess that's why the CITADEL beat y'all, because the sec grinded you down. Ha-ha, sure.
How about this. Clemson's 3 big wins this season over "top 10" teams went down the toilet with all 3 teams getting exposed by blow out loses in their bowl games. Looks like No 8, 9 and 10 were over rated.

Let's look at THIS century. (It helps us the first two years, bu hurts us to include this year) Start with 2000.

Clemson is 15/14 against the SEC. a .517 winning percentage.

We are 64/65 against SEC teams during that same time. a .497 winning percentage.

Some might like this database. http://www.cfbtrivia.com/cfbt_teamrecords.php?allopt=on

What's funny is you pick a clipping of history in the "rivalry" and South Carolina is still 10-14 lol. Good job! You really showed them Clemson fans up.

images

LMFAO!!!!!

This is one for the ages, SS!

images
14-10 since you joined the SEC ?????? WOW you need to check your source

Here's a conclusion for ya.....your sorry school won 3 games and lost to the CITADEL, and the Clemson Tigers just won ANOTHER orange bowl and are playing for ANOTHER national championship.

But hey, y'all have BOOM!! He is god in shamecock country because he is out recruiting like every other coach is doing. Congrats on your 11th place sec recruiting class, while Clemson's class is #5 in the country, AGAIN![/QUOTE]

Oh yea? Have you checked those SAT scores yet? I've heard five of your recruits sign their name with an 'X'.

You best wait 'till the fat lady sings (she'll be the one in the clemson moo moo that you want sitting behind you screaming and waving her arms during a rain-game) ... that gal's flappin' flab is better cover than a golf umbrella!

LORD! ... those clemson country gals are big-uns!!! Whew! ... and STRONG, too!

The NUMBER ONE 'salve' in Columbia has ALWAYS been a moving target ... whatever our young, industrious 'Opie-types' trying to raise money for this or that school project happen to be selling.
The NUMBER ONE 'salve' in clemson has ALWAYS been Vick's Vapor-Rub worn just under the nose to combat the naturally occurring odors of those big 'ol bodacious brama bulls y'all call 'girls'. Dang, 'dem gals are big!!!

MOOOOOOOOOOO!
"You think you can get that bangle Willie 'da Weasel bought you fo' Christmas 'round yo' wrist gal?"
"'Dis ain't no braclet, momma! This goes through my nose!"
"Dang, child - boy already bought you a bell! Is he the jealous type?"

Nope, Citadel beat the worst SC team to take the field since CUjr. legend Brad more-chins-than-wins Scott was in charge.

Here's another thought for ya: the best team in your history eked out a 5-point victory against the worst SC team of this century aka the worst in the SEC this year -- and yet you think the U of Clempson would dominate the SEC. Reality called, it misses you, wants you to get in touch sometime.

SMH. Too bad you don't get credit for almost winning.

#5 recruiting?

Oh yea?
Have you checked those SAT scores yet? I've heard five of your recruits sign their name with an 'X'.

You best wait 'till the fat lady sings (she'll be the one in the clemson moo moo that you want sitting behind you screaming and waving her arms during a rain-game) ... that gal's flappin' flab is better cover than a golf umbrella!

LORD! ... those clemson country gals are big-uns!!! Whew! ... and STRONG, too!

The NUMBER ONE 'salve' in Columbia has ALWAYS been a moving target ... whatever our young, industrious 'Opie-types' trying to raise money for this or that school project happen to be selling.
The NUMBER ONE 'salve' in clemson has ALWAYS been Vick's Vapor-Rub worn just under the nose to combat the naturally occurring odors of those big 'ol bodacious brama bulls y'all call 'girls'. Dang, 'dem gals are big!!!

MOOOOOOOOOOO!
"You think you can get that bangle Willie 'da Weasel bought you fo' Christmas 'round yo' wrist gal?"
"'Dis ain't no braclet, momma! This goes through my nose!"
"Dang, child - boy already bought you a bell! Is he the jealous type?"

But hey, y'all have BOOM!! He is god in shamecock country because he is out recruiting like every other coach is doing. Congrats on your 11th place sec recruiting class, while Clemson's class is #5 in the country, AGAIN!

Enjoy Clemson's Orange Bowl appearance and win, but don't forget that this season is the first season that Clemson didn't lose to the Gamecocks the game before playing in the Orange Bowl. Don't forget that the only reason Clemson got the Orange Bowl invite is because the SEC already had 2 teams playing in BCS Bowls.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Enjoy Clemson's Orange Bowl appearance and win, but don't forget that this season is the first season that Clemson didn't lose to the Gamecocks the game before playing in the Orange Bowl. Don't forget that the only reason Clemson got the Orange Bowl invite is because the SEC already had 2 teams playing in BCS Bowls.

1981 we didn't lose to you before playing in the Orange Bowl.

We also didn't lose to you in 1956 also another year Clemson played in the Orange Bowl.

You know that narrative might sound good if it weren't for the fact that we beat the #7 team in the country that had won 24 out of their last 25 games in Ohio state. So that clearly justifies us deserving to be there. In 2011 when we went to the orange bowl, we won our conference. Also justified us being there.

Maybe you would have gotten to a bcs game if you didn't lose to unranked teams during your golden era of outback bowls.

You know that narrative might sound good if it weren't for the fact that we beat the #7 team in the country that had won 24 out of their last 25 games in Ohio state. So that clearly justifies us deserving to be there. In 2011 when we went to the orange bowl, we won our conference. Also justified us being there.

Maybe you would have gotten to a bcs game if you didn't lose to unranked teams during your golden era of outback bowls.

It's not hard to understand....
Again, Clemson lost to SC both of those seasons, so SC would have gotten the invitation before Clemson had the SEC not already had 2 other teams playing in BCS Bowl games. Also, SC finished each of those seasons with a better ranking.

It's not hard to understand....
Again, Clemson lost to SC both of those seasons, so SC would have gotten the invitation before Clemson had the SEC not already had 2 other teams playing in BCS Bowl games. Also, SC finished each of those seasons with a better ranking.

You saying ti doesn't make it true. The 2011 year we were locked into the OB due to being ACC Champions it wouldn't have mattered how many SEC teams were in we were still going to that bowl. The Orange Bowl was tied to the ACC Champion.

That is the second time in this thread you have posted non factual information.

The conference you won (ACC) is a weak justification for deserving to be there. The ACC has 11 of 14 teams that play at or below the bottom 2 or 3 of the SEC. As far as the BCS, the rule that only 2 teams from a conference could go allowed Clemson in. Carolina was ranked higher in the BCS polls than Clemson and beat them by double digits all of the 11-2 years. Spurs Up

You saying ti doesn't make it true. The 2011 year we were locked into the OB due to being ACC Champions it wouldn't have mattered how many SEC teams were in we were still going to that bowl. The Orange Bowl was tied to the ACC Champion.

That is the second time in this thread you have posted non factual information.
It was Jan 2013 that USC deserved the OB over CU.

Reactions: BigTomE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT