ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

cockyboyjae

Dec 15, 2015
Given my PTSD from past Carolina football, I'm definitely not confident going into this game. However, it is crazy seeing how confident Clemson is given how bad they've been all season. They are just a couple of goal line stands from having 3 more losses to some very average teams. We are likely, from a talent standpoint, the third best team they have seen this season. I don't understand the arrogance.

Weather the storm early, and we will win! Basically survive the 1st quarter because we seem to suck early, then perform better after that.
Now there's one freaking thing that tateru is great at, and that's having amazing things happen to them the last 4 minutes of the half and the first 4 minutes of the second half. Seems the refs tends to do something to help them around this time as well. IDK

Shirley, you can't be serious.
IDK if I believe it or not, but at some point, I saw we have a "star" rating that came in around 23 or 26, something like that. That's just an overall average of stars according to recruiting services. UGA definitely ahead of us, but I'm not sure who else on their schedule is. We are probably 3rd or 4th best according to that.

Clemson is VERY beatable. I honestly expect to win this game, more than I did the auburn game. The fact that it’s at home is a huge advantage for us and since we are bowl eligible now I know ticket sales won’t be a problem, our fans will show up. This is not a good Clemson team coming in here I promise. Think shades of 2009.

I most definitely am. What position group is Clemson clearly better than us? Qb is a wash. Our rb's are better. Both OL's suck. If you add in our TE's then wr is a wash. Our DL will demolish their OL just like theirs will do ours. This game is closer on paper then Clemson is admitting.
Agree with you except for our D-line. They haven’t demolished anyone this year. They are ok at best and one of the most underwhelming units this year.

Shirley, you can't be serious.
Look at the teams that great them, Clemson lost to since teams that might be Kentucky good at most and their only quality win was Wake Forest, but I felt much better about this game before that offense found a modest passing dimension and their DL started playing to their talent.

• Haha
Reactions: ILSEB
I most definitely am. What position group is Clemson clearly better than us? Qb is a wash. Our rb's are better. Both OL's suck. If you add in our TE's then wr is a wash. Our DL will demolish their OL just like theirs will do ours. This game is closer on paper then Clemson is admitting.
My biggest concern against Clemson is their d-line because they have a very good one. They are going to bring pressure. We'll have to play smart. I'm hoping that our defense can create a couple of turnovers .

My biggest concern against Clemson is their d-line because they have a very good one. They are going to bring pressure. We'll have to play smart. I'm hoping that our defense can create a couple of turnovers .
True dat. We need to dial up something to counter that rush. We’ve seen enough the past two weeks to know that’s doable; so let’s do it.

I'd probably feel a lot better about the tater game had CSB not announced we had beaten Auburn with two plays. He's got his work cut out for him this week. Lol

• Haha
And they are dealing with a lot of injuries. TJ Finley is just as good as DJ but DJ is hurt right now. Our team is more even than ppl would like to admit.

You guys have a good chance this year. Heard them mention last night we have 17 out for the year including almost the entire 2 deep at WR. You guys have said in the past we never get injured. Well we seem to have 2 or 3 seasons worth this year. I have only watched 2 or 3 gamecock games this year so I havent watched ya'll enough to compare units. From what I have watched it seems like two average teams playing. Guess we will see who can be slightly above average and get the win. 😂

This time last year I thought it would be another decade before we could expect to compete with Clemson. But this season Clemson is shockingly playing like a stereotypical mid to upper tier ACC team. So the game seems winnable. It depends on which Carolina team shows up I guess. The one who played Auburn and Florida would likely beat this Clemson team. The one who played Kentucky and Mazzou will get curb stomped.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cockn'fyr and ILSEB
fact is they seem to be clicking much better the last 2 weeks than the previous 5. I don't like the matchup with their Dline at all.
We will have to keep their DL at bay at least a little to stand a chance on offense. That's definitely the key matchup in my opinion. They're very talented and play with good discipline. Our OL will have their work cut out for them.

• Love
We play much better at home than away. Plus it’s night game. Clemsons offense is not that great. We definitely have a chance in this game.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I was at a Thanksgiving get together this weekend with a bunch of Clemson fans. Nearly every one of them said they don't think they win this year.

Do you know how close Clemson was to losing to Mizzou level teams this season? I've watched every Clemson game. They literally had to have last possession, goal line stops against very average teams to not be sitting at .500 right now. Clemson is very beatable.
GT lost 55-0 to ND yesterday, or something like that? Clemson had to hang on at home to beat them. Louisville better than us? Overall I don’t think so. CU has not performed well on the road this season. We shall see.

Reactions: cockyboyjae
GT lost 55-0 to ND yesterday, or something like that? Clemson had to hang on at home to beat them. Louisville better than us? Overall I don’t think so. CU has not performed well on the road this season. We shall see.
I have a question for you, Do you think the gamecocks were playing as well as they are right now when they lost to kentucky?

Run game and quick passes. Don't let their RB go wild like the last 2. Our LB play against the run seems to be absent. Definitely need to get pressure on their QB.

I was surprised quan got to the edge and in the open field so easily against auburn, can clemson’s front 7 be that much better than them?

Lots of posts in here talking about the games Clemson almost lost.

Other side of that is to realize they almost won 2 other games against ranked opponents. Remember they lost a night rivalry game in OT to a top 20 team and lost by a TD to the number one team in the nation. Sure they got blown out by Pittsburgh, another top 20 team, but let's try to keep some perspective.

Reactions: dapper77
Lots of posts in here talking about the games Clemson almost lost.

Other side of that is to realize they almost won 2 other games against ranked opponents. Remember they lost a night rivalry game in OT to a top 20 team and lost by a TD to the number one team in the nation. Sure they got blown out by Pittsburgh, another top 20 team, but let's try to keep some perspective.
I know what my eyes see. Clemson is a very average team that we definitely have a chance to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT