ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Elliot

umdterpcock

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2003
Looks like the o line is a shining star for us right now. He's been taking some heat but the o line looks good to me. If we just had a playcaller that would rely on our strength, the run game.

Agreed, bright spot so far, WR Coaches, QB Coaches, and Tackling across the defense have been the problems.

There isn't anything wrong with the way Spurrier (& his staff) coaches qbs. I think what he teaches is fundamentally very good! The problem is they come up through the high school ranks and they practice the spread. So all they have to learn is the one read in the spread or take off.

Spurrier has more work to do as far as developing quarterbacks when they come out of high school as he has ever had to do.

Yes, though Kentucky did find our weak spot and went right at it when they knew a pass was coming.

There isn't anything wrong with the way Spurrier (& his staff) coaches qbs. I think what he teaches is fundamentally very good! The problem is they come up through the high school ranks and they practice the spread. So all they have to learn is the one read in the spread or take off.

Spurrier has more work to do now than he used to have as far as developing quarterbacks when they come out of high school.

Looks like the o line is a shining star for us right now. He's been taking some heat but the o line looks good to me. If we just had a playcaller that would rely on our strength, the run game.

i suppose you would have to ignore the personal fouls on the 1 yard line, and the whiffed blocks on 2 point conversions

the run blocking is terrible but i must say overall pass protection has been good

i suppose you would have to ignore the personal fouls on the 1 yard line, and the whiffed blocks on 2 point conversions

the run blocking is terrible but i must say overall pass protection has been good
Of course there are place that they would like to have back! But overall they've done well! Look at Brandon Wilds' numbers. Not bad eh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT