ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Masks

bchav307

Feb 2, 2011
Gilbert, SC
Had anybody else noticed that the masks the coaches are wearing are just for show. You can see their faces through them. After researching, the mask they are wearing is the Shema97 mask. It filters down to 1 micron. The size of COVID-19 is .12 microns. For comparison, an N-95 mask filters down to .1 micron. Point being that these masks, like most, are just for show and don’t do much at all to protect anyone from COVID.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Had anybody else noticed that the masks the coaches are wearing are just for show. You can see their faces through them. After researching, the mask they are wearing is the Shema97 mask. It filters down to 1 micron. The size of COVID-19 is .12 microns. For comparison, an N-95 mask filters down to .1 micron. Point being that these masks, like most, are just for show and don’t do much at all to protect anyone from COVID.
Masks protect us from the spray of water droplets that come out when someone breathes, coughs or sneezes... The majority are not designed to protect you from rogue virus particles randomly ejecting themselves into space because that is not how transmission occurs.

th

Masks protect us from the spray of water droplets that come out when someone breathes, coughs or sneezes... The majority are not designed to protect you from rogue virus particles randomly ejecting themselves into space because that is not how transmission occurs.

th
Most if us were taught to not do this to someone. Just as we were taught to turn our heads and cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze. Fact: most masks will not stop a virus and most are not worn and cared for correctly.

Reactions: BigTomE
You would be in favor of masks. You didn't pay attention in Science class nor do I feel you have watched many football games. A mask is really cutting down the spread, that's comical. You are okay with below average football and also losing your freedoms.

Reactions: bmull08
You would be in favor of masks. You didn't pay attention in Science class nor do I feel you have watched many football games. A mask is really cutting down the spread, that's comical. You are okay with below average football and also losing your freedoms.
Can we just stop the “freedom” crap? Unless you are opposed to seat belt laws, smoking bans and criminalization of drugs then you aren’t worried about “freedom”. This is just the excuse of the small crowd who have been convinced masks are anti-Trump.

Can we just stop the “freedom” crap? Unless you are opposed to seat belt laws, smoking bans and criminalization of drugs then you aren’t worried about “freedom”. This is just the excuse of the small crowd who have been convinced masks are anti-Trump.

I’m opposed to all three of those! lol I’m also not opposed to wearing masks, I’m just opposed to the government making it mandatory.

I work in a school and have been around adults and students with COVID. On top of that, I have sat in our isolation room with students awaiting pickup. I obviously wear a mask everyday, all the time I am in our building. So do all employees and all students. However, over the break, I was around family without a mask. Guess what...got COVID. Could be coincidence, but I know I had been around several positive folks with my mask on and never got it.

Masks do not “stop” the spread, just as wearing pants in my meme example does not stop the floor from getting wet if you piss yourself. Masks limit the length and breadth of particle spread, which is how the vast majority of transmission occurs. Nothing will “STOP” this virus except mass herd immunity from vaccination.

Last edited:
Masks do not “stop” the spread, just as wearing pants in my meme example foes not stop the floor from getting wet if you piss yourself. Masks limit the length and breadth of particle spread, which how the vast majority of transmission occurs. Nothing will “STOP” this virus except mass herd immunity from vaccination.

Nearly every mandatory mask sign on every door says “ Stop the Spread”
Are you insinuating that the government is lying to us?

China virus "escaped" a Wunan lab carrying a Level 4 security structure...and some think a cotton facemask is gonna save 'em

Reactions: bmull08 and BigTomE
IMO wearing a mask reduces the spread of the virus by decreasing how far your cough / sneeze / or breathe from laughing can go. For the person wearing the mask it reduces what your are bringing into your airways but also decreases how many times that you wipe your mouth or nose and then touch something.
As a poster above stated, the virus is smaller than most masks would actually ability to filter though. And very few people are wearing them correctly to begin with.

I'm not overly worried about the virus, imo we will all come into contact with it at some point but I wear a mask in stores that ask or "require" me to.

Regarding freedoms, I'm not sure if I am a liberal conservative or a conservative liberal. I live my life pretty conservatively but I don't really care what someone else does if they aren't affecting others.
I do see this as either a way for some in government to expand their control on people or a mastermind plan by ugly people to get us good looking ones to cover our faces to even their chances

IMO wearing a mask reduces the spread of the virus by decreasing how far your cough / sneeze / or breathe from laughing can go. For the person wearing the mask it reduces what your are bringing into your airways but also decreases how many times that you wipe your mouth or nose and then touch something.
As a poster above stated, the virus is smaller than most masks would actually ability to filter though. And very few people are wearing them correctly to begin with.

I'm not overly worried about the virus, imo we will all come into contact with it at some point but I wear a mask in stores that ask or "require" me to.

Regarding freedoms, I'm not sure if I am a liberal conservative or a conservative liberal. I live my life pretty conservatively but I don't really care what someone else does if they aren't affecting others.
I do see this as either a way for some in government to expand their control on people or a mastermind plan by ugly people to get us good looking ones to cover our faces to even their chances

Common sense is not so common anymore, but you sir seem to be full of it! (Full of common sense that is)

real quick experiment you can do by yourself

If its cold enough to see your breath, go outside breath out heavily - the mist you see? That can hold the virus

Now put a mask on and breath out the same effort - notice its not spreading as much?

Voila you now understand how masks work

real quick experiment you can do by yourself

If its cold enough to see your breath, go outside breath out heavily - the mist you see? That can hold the virus

Now put a mask on and breath out the same effort - notice its not spreading as much?

Voila you now understand how masks work
Now go outside and wear a mask under your nose or chin and did the mist go away?

Nearly every mandatory mask sign on every door says “ Stop the Spread”
Are you insinuating that the government is lying to us?
I am insinuating you clearly have an agenda to disagree with what is obvious. Masks HELP they are not fool proof (IE morons who wear them with their noses hanging out like a kid who can’t remember to zip up their pants) nor are they 100% effective. Immunity= effective. Masks= slow the spread until you can become immune through a vaccine (hopefully as the other wya to get immunity was not fun, believe me!!)

Morons arguing against masks or spreading BS about the vaccines are literally killing people.

Now go outside and wear a mask under your nose or chin and did the mist go away?
You are absolutely correct that the virus spreads on droplets and wearing a mask correctly as well as cleaning it routinely (or using disposables) probably helps. I'm playing devil's advocate to a degree. I am all for clean hands, social distancing, turning head/hand over mouth when coughing/sneezing, and not licking doorknobs. All, when used together, are just as effective as masks without the government mandates and social stigma associated with not wearing masks.

Reactions: section907
I’m opposed to all of the above. We need a serious thinning of the heard. Let’s do this.

Reactions: Dizzy01
You are absolutely correct that the virus spreads on droplets and wearing a mask correctly as well as cleaning it routinely (or using disposables) probably helps. I'm playing devil's advocate to a degree. I am all for clean hands, social distancing, turning head/hand over mouth when coughing/sneezing, and not licking doorknobs. All, when used together, are just as effective as masks without the government mandates and social stigma associated with not wearing masks.
^^^^^ dead wrong and frankly, stupid.

I am insinuating you clearly have an agenda to disagree with what is obvious. Masks HELP they are not fool proof (IE morons who wear them with their noses hanging out like a kid who can’t remember to zip up their pants) nor are they 100% effective. Immunity= effective. Masks= slow the spread until you can become immune through a vaccine (hopefully as the other wya to get immunity was not fun, believe me!!)

Morons arguing against masks or spreading BS about the vaccines are literally killing people.
So you are actually saying that people that don’t wear a mask are spreading the virus? That’s insane. When all this started the CDC said at some point everybody was going to get the virus. 20 years ago we would not have shut the entire world down. People all across the country and here in the great state of South Carolina are struggling financially because of the China Flu. I am not saying the virus is not real but at some point we got to move on with our lives. Choice is what makes this country great,

So you are actually saying that people that don’t wear a mask are spreading the virus? That’s insane. When all this started the CDC said at some point everybody was going to get the virus. 20 years ago we would not have shut the entire world down. People all across the country and here in the great state of South Carolina are struggling financially because of the China Flu. I am not saying the virus is not real but at some point we got to move on with our lives. Choice is what makes this country great,
People who don’t wear masks are statistically much more likely to spread the virus, that’s not a controversial statement

People who don’t wear masks are statistically much more likely to spread the virus, that’s not a controversial statement

That’s not what the poster said. He said people arguing against masks are literally killing people.
If I don’t have the virus and I don’t wear a mask, I’m 100% not spreading the virus.....

Reactions: BigTomE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT