ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Game Thread

I understand there are times when you need to get on your players, but Frank has them afraid to make a mistake so they play tight. Someone please give him a glass of wine before every game.

Reactions: 92Pony
He took his team to the Final Four just a few years ago. Maybe he knows what he’s doing.

85-79 Cocks win. Lawson with 25 points. 6/10 from field. We need him taking 20 shots a game.

Gravett had one of his better games as a Gamecock. Two really big 3’s at times where Coastal has chances to really get close.

Frank acted like a jacka$$ tonight. I wonder what it’s like sitting behind that bench...
More entertaining that the games most of the time, I'm thinking. Coastal drops to 4-4. Big win tonight.

I agree that coach's behavior during the games probably has guys playing tight at times....I cant imagine just getting torn down all the time like that. The commentator also said he was surprised Lawson scored any tonight after the way he was getting railed in practice yesterday. So these guys are constantly getting lit into....which is fine to do but I hope he leaves some space for building them back up.

Yes he does. Twice tonight we’ve forced a turnover right in front of the bench and he’s just gone nuts on the player closest to him. WE FORCED A TURNOVER!

Anyway, 47-41 Gamecocks with 47 seconds left in the 1st half.

It is getting strange. I saw us hit a three from Frank’s side of the court and he was yelling at our player all the way back down the court.

I understand there are times when you need to get on your players, but Frank has them afraid to make a mistake so they play tight. Someone please give him a glass of wine before every game.

You are exactly right! Coach Frank has issues! He just can't leave well enough alone. He gets frantic and furious on every little issue. By the time there is a major issue, the players have prolly tuned him out. If I was AD I'd fire his ass for his sideline antics alone. Nothing wrong with HBC s losing it on occasion and getting tough on the players when it's needed. But with Frank it's non stop. You can see signs of the struggle within him via facial expressions. Even though he pops off way too much to be considered reasonable, he is still restraining himself. There is something very wrong. It's not the players.

Reactions: ddw1263
It is getting strange. I saw us hit a three from Frank’s side of the court and he was yelling at our player all the way back down the court.

I saw a play where Lawson beat his man and headed for a layup. Hasse inexplicably moved into his path and. Caused a turnover. Frank chewed the freshman out even Fillipe s move made absolutely no sense.

I saw a play where Lawson beat his man and headed for a layup. Hasse inexplicably moved into his path and. Caused a turnover. Frank chewed the freshman out even Fillipe s move made absolutely no sense.
What you are reporting seems to say that Coach is not rationally analyzing what is going on. Not good. I hope he can turn it around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT