ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Game Thread

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
Give Frank credit. After getting run out of the building by Wofford, he has our team hanging tough with Coastal early. 9-5 CCU with 17:14 left in 1st.

Last edited:
Hasse with a 3 to cut the Coastal lead to 19-14 with 13 minutes left.

It’s raining 3’s for both teams. 26-26 with just under 11.

Eleven 3’s combined in this game already.

Can someone teach Silva to play like he has 3 fouls in the first half?

I guess Frank yelling didn’t work for 3 years. Of course, I couldn’t imagine coaching a guy that can’t stop fouling like Silva has. I’d probably yell a lot too.

Coach Martin looks like an unhinged lunatic half the time.

Yes he does. Twice tonight we’ve forced a turnover right in front of the bench and he’s just gone nuts on the player closest to him. WE FORCED A TURNOVER!

Anyway, 47-41 Gamecocks with 47 seconds left in the 1st half.

Reactions: PC31
KOTSAR with a dribble and pull up 3 at the buzzer. Terrible execution there but it counts. 50-41 at the half. No chance Kotsar was supposed to have the ball as time expired and him making that shot probably saved Gravett’s life. Frank might have killed him at the half.

Liking what we have in Bryant. Sin was the last player we had that could really do anything off the dribble.

Pretty low expectations for this year. Hopefully with the recruiting class we have coming in we can start to build on something.

Liking what we have in Bryant. Sin was the last player we had that could really do anything off the dribble.

Pretty low expectations for this year. Hopefully with the recruiting class we have coming in we can start to build on something.

Yep. Bryant is raw but his motor doesn’t stop running. Reminds me of a Carlos Powell type of guy. I’d take a team full of them.

Lawson is solid as well. Eventually this will be his team and he’ll have the opportunity to score a ton. Right now he seems to be getting his feet wet and adjust to the game.

Young guys are fine. Upperclassmen have been a colossal disappointment this season so far. Still need 3-4 consecutive classes like this to get where we need to get to make some noise.

Ugly basketball again in the 2nd half. Moss and Campbell singlehandedly killed is the first 5-6 possessions of the half. Silva picks up his 3rd and is back on the bench. He missed an easy bucket on an alley oop a few moments ago.

Did witness the single worst call by a ref I can recall. Coastal guy loses the ball going for a layup. We never even touched the ball...and I’d say we didn’t come within 3 feet of touching the ball. Coastal retained possession.

57-56 CCU with 14:26 left. Yet to make a FG yet. Lawson has 6 FTs. 0-4 this half with 6 turnovers. Awful.

61-61 under 12 timeout. Forced a shot-clock violation. Martin meets Hasse our about half court to rail his a$$ the whole way back. If we were good it would be fine. But watching him act like this is getting old. Again...WE FORCED A SHOT-CLOCK VIOLATION.

Reactions: 92Pony
Silva coming alive! 66-61 Gamecocks and Lawson going to the line to shoot 1 and 1. 10:36 left

Reactions: vacock#
Lawson should finish with over 30 in this thing. 8:55 left, double bonus the rest of the way. He hits 1 of 2, 71-63 Gamecocks.

75-68 Gamecocks, 6:01 left to play. Silva had a nice 5 minute stretch. Was on the bench last couple of minutes. Lawson showing he’s our best player. Gravett has had a nice little game. Kotsar takes up space on each end of the floor...sometimes.

Gravett with a huge 3 to make it 80-72. If it weren’t for the FT line we’d be in big trouble tonight. 4:10 left, 80-73 now and we have the ball. Lawson has 24.

Silva picks up his fourth. 3:50 now. Under 4 timeout.

Hasse takes way too many 3’s. As many as Lawson. He’s shot the last two and missed bot under 2 minutes.

83-75, 1:36 left.

Frank just gave Lawson a stare like he wanted to kill him. Not sure what the heck the coach has watched today. I’m sure Lawson could’ve been positioned better or made a better play at some point, by my goodness...we lose if he’s not playing tonight. That simple.

85-79 Cocks win. Lawson with 25 points. 6/10 from field. We need him taking 20 shots a game.

Gravett had one of his better games as a Gamecock. Two really big 3’s at times where Coastal has chances to really get close.

Frank acted like a jacka$$ tonight. I wonder what it’s like sitting behind that bench...

85-79 Cocks win. Lawson with 25 points. 6/10 from field. We need him taking 20 shots a game.

Gravett had one of his better games as a Gamecock. Two really big 3’s at times where Coastal has chances to really get close.

Frank acted like a jacka$$ tonight. I wonder what it’s like sitting behind that bench...
He really was acting like he had a bee in his bonnet wasn't he? Guys make a bad play - Frank lights 'em up. Guys make a good play - Frank lights 'em up.

Reactions: Carolina4 and PC31
He really was acting like he had a bee in his bonnet wasn't he? Guys make a bad play - Frank lights 'em up. Guys make a good play - Frank lights 'em up.

Didn’t get to watch bc I coach high school basketball, but it’s probably bc he knows we suck this year.

Got lit up by Wofford, lost to Stony Brook, survived Coastal.

We better get a lot better in a hurry or it’s going to be a long season. I am doubtful we will qualify for the NIT.

Don’t think anyone thought after the NCAA run that with Silva, Kotsar, Gravett, (we thought Felder) and recruiting off a final 4 it would be this bad a few seasons later.

Didn’t get to watch bc I coach high school basketball, but it’s probably bc he knows we suck this year.

Got lit up by Wofford, lost to Stony Brook, survived Coastal.

We better get a lot better in a hurry or it’s going to be a long season. I am doubtful we will qualify for the NIT.

Don’t think anyone thought after the NCAA run that with Silva, Kotsar, Gravett, (we thought Felder) and recruiting off a final 4 it would be this bad a few seasons later.

No doubt. But this is his team so...

If anyone deserves to be yelled at it’s the guy making millions who put this team together.

Agree though. Thought we had a solid future with Silva, Kotsar, Felder, etc... And I can’t imagine us sniffing .500 which won’t be good enough to get to the NIT.

Maybe it's all the new pieces, but doggone..... at times we look like a HS team. It seems like several of our guys are playing scared or timid or something. They look all disjointed.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT