ADVERTISEMENT

Coates?

Leave it to Gamecocks fans to snatch the joy of victory from the jaws of victory but arguing who is right or wrong.

I'm disappointed in KW. He's acting butt hurt that we just won a national title. He should be rejoicing. He promised us he'd give it a rest when Dawn won it all. #DramaKing

You want some rationality? Well, here it is: until this program breaks through and wins it all as the baseball team did, and places itself where Tennessee was in terms of playing for the title and winning it occasionally, we will be stuck in the role of pretenders, nothing more. Even that role will get old after awhile.

It isn't negative to point out what we haven't done. All she has to do is grab the brass ring and that will leave nothing to say.

If you want to introduce a stranger to the FGF, this thread is the whole ball of wax.

I'm disappointed in KW. He's acting butt hurt that we just won a national title. He should be rejoicing. He promised us he'd give it a rest when Dawn won it all. #DramaKing
The National Championship and this are entirely separate issues. Probably this discussion has outlived its usefulness, but blame the man who started it. I've never been especially good at not engaging.

The National Championship and this are entirely separate issues. Probably this discussion has outlived its usefulness, but blame the man who started it. I've never been especially good at not engaging.
You haven't been especially good at anything except slinging BS

Reactions: USC-1
I don't understand an ankle injury so severe that it would prevent travel in a hard cast, crutches, a WHEELCHAIR EVEN! Injured people travel all the time. Something is just strange.

Air travel can do lots of funky things to injuries with swelling like a badly sprained ankle. Altitude, changes in atmospheric pressure, and sitting for long periods.

Why can't folks just take it at face value?

Air travel can do lots of funky things to injuries with swelling like a badly sprained ankle. Altitude, changes in atmospheric pressure, and sitting for long periods.

Why can't folks just take it at face value?

Can't speak for anyone else's thoughts/reasons, but my take is; it the freakin' National Championship game!! I just can't believe the medical staff couldn't find some way to make it possible for her to get there. I imagine she wanted to be there, and I hate for her that she wasn't able to be. She's a huge, huge part of the success the team had this season (as well as the prior 2-3). Having been in her position myself (albeit at the HS level), I know it's a terrible feeling not being able to be there with/for your team. I just feel for her.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Coates was a great player for us and will be missed but I think we were a quicker squad on the floor without her in the tournament. No disrespect to her though. She deserves to hold the trophy too as she was part of our success.

Lord I pray that Coates will be at the celebration today at the CLA. If not, our resident sewing circle will have more grist for their mill.

Lord I pray that Coates will be at the celebration today at the CLA. If not, our resident sewing circle will have more grist for their mill.
Actually, if she shows up and jumps around a little bit, it would engender more of the same questions.

Wow. It takes real talent to mix a metaphor like that early on a Monday morning. I had no idea that sewing circles milled wheat!

You can't have too much drama. It is the spice of life.
Ward, if drama you create and distribute at the expense of others challenges makes you a complete person, I feel very, very sorry for you. People egging this on in this moment of joy simply don't treasure success in our programs. That is too bad. Some of us on this board nearly 20 years have learned a little about getting on here and criticizing the kids themselves.

Some have not.

Last edited:
Reactions: biggs#
Ward, if drama you create and distribute at the expense of others challenges makes you a complete person, I feel very, very sorry for you. People egging this on in this moment of joy simply don't treasure success in our programs. That is too bad. Some of us on this board nearly 20 years have learned a little about getting on here and criticizing the kids themselves.

Some have not.
You really need to pull up a post in which I did that.

The fact that Coates herself put it to rest should be good enough for everyone else. It's none of anyone else's business. There's another obvious reason, that nobody's mentioned, but just let it rest.

I don't understand an ankle injury so severe that it would prevent travel in a hard cast, crutches, a WHEELCHAIR EVEN! Injured people travel all the time. Something is just strange.
You can get blood clots travelling on planes long distances after surgery. Drs said stray home and she did. And, she earned that ring!!!! Go Cocks!!!!

Reactions: uscdoug
You really need to pull up a post in which I did that.
Time to fade away wart, err Ward, your Schtick ran its course, wrong in every way imaginable at every turn all season, time to tuck it now and go find another plot to cast your bs upon

Reactions: USC-1
Time to fade away wart, err Ward, your Schtick ran its course, wrong in every way imaginable at every turn all season, time to tuck it now and go find another plot to cast your bs upon
I really can't comply with your request without knowing what you are talking about.

It was completely reckless for the ESPN announcers to speculate about this. Shame on them. Doctors didn't clear her to travel. Simple as that. Thanks Alaina for a great Gamecock career and best of luck in the WNBA.

I agree that it was reckless by the announcers. The only thing I haven't heard anyone ask is whether she is still in school? You see it in football and the men's game all the time - when players are getting ready to go pro, they drop out of school mid-semester and turn all their energy into getting ready. Would hate to see that with Coates, assuming she is close to graduation, but if she's not in school she would not have been able to travel with the team, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT