ADVERTISEMENT

Cocks win by 28 with clean refs

The only call I did not like was the incomplete pass that should have been ruled as a backward pass where Greene recovered the ball. I would have destroyed my television if that targeting call was not enforced.
That was a 9 point call

They said an ref blew it dead, so it could not be overturned.
Wrong…..they wouldn’t have reviewed it if it couldn’t be overturned.

Basically the same thing happened when Hooker went down. They blew whistle basically saying he was down. They reviewed and gave us the ball. We had scooped and scored but because they blew the whistle we couldn’t have the TD but we got the ball. Officials are taught to let it play out and if on review it’s not a fumble, they can always bring it back.

Bottom line…..had they thought the pass was a backwards lateral enough to overturn the call, the ball would have been ours. Why they didn’t give it to us is a typical wonder we have all the time as SC fans.

Wrong…..they wouldn’t have reviewed it if it couldn’t be overturned.

Basically the same thing happened when Hooker went down. They blew whistle basically saying he was down. They reviewed and gave us the ball. We had scooped and scored but because they blew the whistle we couldn’t have the TD but we got the ball. Officials are taught to let it play out and if on review it’s not a fumble, they can always bring it back.

Bottom line…..had they thought the pass was a backwards lateral enough to overturn the call, the ball would have been ours. Why they didn’t give it to us is a typical wonder we have all the time as SC fans.
Exactly! Well said brother. That was a prepaid call funded by datboy

The referees were not super great but I think we also benefited from their incompetency as well. We 100% false started on that long TD pass to Juice in the 3rd quarter and I think we got away with a few pass interference plays.

Lets just enjoy the win!

Just watch the shadow of the ball on the ground. Without a doubt backwards.

It amazes me how many bad calls and bad nocalls consistently go in favor of Clemson.

Fact. But I’ve been seeing this for the last 30 years. Clemson always starts the game up 10-0. Why do you think they had all those bs streaks. Lol

Last edited:
So your saying if a ref blows his whistle, a fumble isn't a fumble? They overturn them all the time after they blow them dead.
Not so. An inadvertent whistle has rules that govern it. It all depends on whether the ball was loose or in possession of a player. In general, a loose ball inadvertent whistle reverts to the last player/team in possession at the previous spot. By rule, the ball is dead at the moment of an inadvertent whistle. The only determination is whether it was loose or possessed at the time of the whistle. In the Tennecheat case, the official ruled our player had gained possession at the time of the whistle, but the ball was immediately dead. In the Clemson backward pass, since it was loose, it would have still been Clemson’s ball at the previous spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT