ADVERTISEMENT

College Football is rigged

Right about what? That there’s a big conspiracy to put Clemson in the top 4? Who sounds like the crazy person here?

I'm a political writer...I sniff bullshit out for a living. When I was telling everyone that half of the Hollywood elite would be exposed within the first year of Trump's presidency everyone laughed at me. Why do you think Kevin Spacey and Louis CK were SO blatantly anti Trump? Why do you think they were out in public everywhere comparing him to Hitler? They were scared shitless because they knew Trump and his administration would be going after them/no longer protecting them like the presidents before.

Your program stinks to high heaven. Your boosters are desperate and the locals are pathetic enough to do everything in their power to make Clemson relevant in football. We beat you 5 years in a row.. yet this rural school in the middle of nowhere South Carolina starts randomly getting the best football players in all the country. Now Zion is suddenly interested in the mediocre Clemson basketball program the year after South Carolina makes the final four. Brad Brownwell has about as much charisma as a wet blanket yet y'all might land him over Frank Martin, Coach K and Bill Self. Nothing suspicious here at all folks. You're the Ole Miss of the ACC minus the fun.

Last edited:
The BCS was corrupt due to conference affiliations.. aka, the reason why Clemson got invited to play in BCS bowls, despite losing to USC
44a8ff22762dfde046e1cff961c1182f01cde877d167d5f76584c0f8951cd2c7.jpg

The committee chairman, Texas Tech AD, explained it tonight. First, he said it was a concensus that either Miami or Clemson was 2 or 3. Argument was which. This rules out two members yanking chains to favor Clemson. Second, he said Clemson had more quality wins than anyone else in the rankings. That point seems to be the weight that tilted their decision. I do agree with many of you where NCSU is concerned. Can’t see justifying them being ranked. I don’t believe the committee could get past OU’s horrid D to put them higher. Which many SEC analyst have been saying also. Two loss Auburn lost to Clemson so how can they be ranked higher than Clemson thus far? I think SC is damaged by the apparent weakness of the SECE. And a consistant lack of offensive production. I think most people believe SC’s victory over NCSU was much of a fluke considering the scrimmage stats strongly favored State. But we’ll see. Still enough football left to correct course.

Reactions: Patrick14711471
Only possibly, but they can blame the way their league conducted business back then for that. It isn't the case now.

Ironically, the Big 12 championship game could have the opposite effect this year. If OU loses to OK State or TCU in that game, the conference is on the outside looking in for the third time in four years probably.

And, it is hard to beat a good team two times in the same season.

I'm a political writer...I sniff bullshit out for a living. When I was telling everyone that half of the Hollywood elite would be exposed within the first year of Trump's presidency everyone laughed at me. Why do you think Kevin Spacey and Louis CK were SO blatantly anti Trump? Why do you think they were out in public everywhere comparing him to Hitler? They were scared shitless because they knew Trump and his administration would be going after them/no longer protecting them like the presidents before.

Your program stinks to high heaven. Your boosters are desperate and the locals are pathetic enough to do everything in their power to make Clemson relevant in football. We beat you 5 years in a row.. yet this rural school in the middle of nowhere South Carolina starts randomly getting the best football players in all the country. Now Zion is suddenly interested in the mediocre Clemson basketball program the year after South Carolina makes the final four. Brad Brownwell has about as much charisma as a wet blanket yet y'all might land him over Frank Martin, Coach K and Bill Self. Nothing suspicious here at all folks. You're the Ole Miss of the ACC minus the fun.
Wow!! I constantly hear SC fans accusing CU of cheating. I would love to see some intelligent evidence. Real evidence.

Im not surprised you’re involved in politics. It’s a profession which loves to smear It’s opponents character when there is no good argument otherwise. I totally agree with your first paragraph but Can you point to any real evidence of Clemson cheating? Something other than innuendos and third party he said she said?

And why bring up the five game streak which many of you love to do? Is that still relevant? Does it mean anything to the current subject?If you want to be historical why not mention the entire win loss record. Or who recently beat their rival by the largest margin in the series.

Speaking of history, Clemson’s recent recruiting victories are not new. They’ve been getting good players for a century. The school’s rural setting is a great drawing card with parents from what I’ve heard. Not a deterrent.

Are you really a political writer? Your rant sounds more like an immature teenager who’s pissed off cause his bitter rival is better than him. Anyway, you may think the program stinks but all the football trophies in cowtown sure smells sweet to me!!

Reactions: FJRTiger

What on earth is this? Trump is not outing sexual assaulters. It started with good reporting in the NYT on Weinstein and has snowballed with other solid reporting. It is mostly due to brave women coming forward and sharing the truth.

I look forward to the Taters on this board, scurrying off this board (like the cockroaches you are), when you lose to the Gamecocks...SOON!

Reactions: 92Pony
Does it really matter if they are ranked 2, 3, or 4 on Nov 14? If they win, they are in. If they lose, they are out. Simple. And most importantly, the Gamecocks have a vote on the matter which will get cast on Nov 25 in WB stadium.
I just hope the refs don’t have a vote

I mean I don't even know where to start. The moment I saw NC State ranked as 19 in the College Football Rankings I knew it was to elevate Clemson. What an utter joke this all is.

NC State has lost just as many games as South Carolina, we beat them head to head in Charlotte and they have literally ZERO impressive wins. They were blown off the field by the team that was just blown off the field by Miami. I've seen all of these Gamecock fans downplay our success due to Florida and Tennessee being dumpster fires this season..yet NC State gets to take advantage of the biggest dumpster fire in all of college football in Florida St and an abysmal defensive team in Louisville and they get rewarded for it while we're told about how average our victories are. The bottom line is were 7-3, 5-3 in the SEC (same record we were the year we won the East) and we beat NC State head to head. Yet we're not even on the radar and they're ranked 19th to elevate Clemson. I've literally never cared enough to get worked up about rankings but it's hard not to see what's happening here.

NC State Victories- Marshall, Furman, FSU (by 6), Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt and Boston College. Wow so impressive!

Also Northwestern is bizarrely over-ranked as well. They lost to the worst Duke team of the last ten years 41-17...they have the same record as South Carolina and their most impressive win is against Michigan State who was just beyond exposed this week.

Northwestern victories-Nevada, Bowling Green, Maryland (by 4), Iowa, Mich St, Nebraska and Purdue. All one possession victories yet they're not penalized for being in the worst division in all of football. It's just a joke...the whole thing. Congrats Clemmy...they're gonna bend over backwards for ya'll.

Is this you on Twitter?

Ironically, the Big 12 championship game could have the opposite effect this year. If OU loses to OK State or TCU in that game, the conference is on the outside looking in for the third time in four years probably.

And, it is hard to beat a good team two times in the same season.
It could work that way, but the fact that he Big 12 is willing now to take the risk of the extra game has added to their leverage. Only Notre Dame can persistently stay away from the conference championship game system. I'd like to see that change also.

I have already stated that I would love to see the SEC go to a nine game season that preserves the historical rivalries but is round robin beyond that, with a championship game involving the two highest power-rated teams at the end. You'd see some real mayhem then.

I think most people believe SC’s victory over NCSU was much of a fluke considering the scrimmage stats strongly favored State. But we’ll see.
I think this is a big problem with rankings. It shouldn't matter if it was a fluke.

Many people vote based on who they think is the better team, and others vote based on which team has earned a ranking. If I had a vote, I base it on who's earned it on the field. I've seen 0-2 teams ranked highly early on in the season. Regardless of how good they might be, there's no reason for that imo.

Come on tater, you know 2 guys in that room have tater ties
the committee is made up of members with ties to schools all over the country, to include Ohio St, ND, Oklahoma Miami, etc. To think two members has absolute control of the entire committee to put Clemson in "position" is laughable.

Reactions: king ward
I think Clemson has earned the benefit of the doubt, unfortunately.

Again, 2,3,4, it's all the same right now. If they run the table, a number 2 ranking is deserved.

I would argue that being 2 is much better than being 3 or 4. If you're 3 or 4, one of the teams behind you could pass you with a couple of quality wins. That chance is much less if you're ranked second.

Last edited:

...but clemson does have fans wearing overalls, tractors, lots of fans missing lots of teeth, and a first rate animal husbandry program

I would argue that being 2 is much better than being 3 or 4. If you're 3 or 4, one of the teams behind you could pass you with a couple of quality wins. That chance is much less if you're ranked second.

In the two seasons the committee has been doing these rankings, there seems to be little consistency in criteria for the top 4. When TCU is ranked #4 and wins a game by 40 but drops out, it makes it seem that the rankings are slightly interchangeable after Alabama. Again, I think they're aware that the Miami/Clemson game is an elimination game for at least, Clemson. If they lose, they're out. If they win, they're probably 2 and probably deserve to be.

Again, I think these rankings are set with future scenarios in mind. If Wisconsin wins the rest of their games, they will be in and it shouldn't be controversial. They'll replace the ACC team that loses. If Alabama loses to Auburn, that will be a cluster. At that point, the committee would be completely shaking up the current top 4.

What on earth is this? Trump is not outing sexual assaulters. It started with good reporting in the NYT on Weinstein and has snowballed with other solid reporting. It is mostly due to brave women coming forward and sharing the truth.

Is this the part where you admit, that you've literally never given Trump credit for anything before?

Do you seriously for one second believe that the predator enabling Clintons wouldn't have protected these actors and actresses? Do you realize that Bill and Kevin Spacey are extremely close friends who often flew on Jeffery Eipsteins Lolita express together?

One question if the committee is propping up state to help the taters why don't they have us ranked? Seems having another ranked team on their schedule would also help. I do agree state should not be ranked

One question if the committee is propping up state to help the taters why don't they have us ranked? Seems having another ranked team on their schedule would also help. I do agree state should not be ranked

Two reasons. 1) It's to lift the ACC conference as a whole. Had NC State not been ranked the ACC would have only had two ranked teams which would have looked horrible for the entire conference. SC being ranked does nothing for the perceived strength of the ACC. You simply cannot have a 1 loss power 5 school with only one other ranked team in their entire conference rank ahead of other big 5 power schools with better resumes/no losses.

2) Clemmy already played State and squeaked a win on the road. In propping them up to 19...inexplicably putting them at 2 ahead of Miami suddenly seems more justifiable even though it's still ridiculous.

Two reasons. 1) It's to lift the ACC conference as a whole. Had NC State not been ranked the ACC would have only had two ranked teams which would have looked horrible for the entire conference. SC being ranked does nothing for the perceived strength of the ACC. You simply cannot have a 1 loss power 5 school with only one other ranked team in their entire conference rank ahead of other big 5 power schools with better resumes/no losses.

2) Clemmy already played State and squeaked a win on the road. In propping them up to 19...inexplicably putting them at 2 ahead of Miami suddenly seems more justifiable even though it's still ridiculous.
Why, that makes PERFECT sense! Now, all you have to do is explain why the committee cares in the least about propping up the ACC over any other conference. Surely, you have this answer.

In the two seasons the committee has been doing these rankings, there seems to be little consistency in criteria for the top 4. When TCU is ranked #4 and wins a game by 40 but drops out, it makes it seem that the rankings are slightly interchangeable after Alabama. Again, I think they're aware that the Miami/Clemson game is an elimination game for at least, Clemson. If they lose, they're out. If they win, they're probably 2 and probably deserve to be.

Again, I think these rankings are set with future scenarios in mind. If Wisconsin wins the rest of their games, they will be in and it shouldn't be controversial. They'll replace the ACC team that loses. If Alabama loses to Auburn, that will be a cluster. At that point, the committee would be completely shaking up the current top 4.

Good points. I would agree with all of this.

Why, that makes PERFECT sense! Now, all you have to do is explain why the committee cares in the least about propping up the ACC over any other conference. Surely, you have this answer.

To justify propping up a one loss Clemson team ahead of an undefeated Miami team (who hasn't played NC State-therefore the absurd ranking of 19 helps Clemson yet does nothing for Miami) an undefeated Wisconsin team and a one loss Oklahoma team who manhandeled Ohio State on the road, has the best player in all of college football and has a far better loss than Clemson. Reading comprehension isn't your friend I see.

The ACC will do everything in their power to get Clemson in the playoff. The decades worth of academic fraud at UNC and the employment of the two most morally corrupt coaches in all of sports over at Louisville doesnt exactly lead me to believe y'all are above doing such a thing. There's a ton of money involved which is why you're consistently seeing Clemson getting all the calls down the stretch of close ACC games.

Clemson fans travel extremely well...a Clemson appereance is great for business and for the ACC. Plus Bobby Johnson played at Clemson...then there's Dan Radakovich whose not only the Clemson AD but has a son on the football team. That's TWO members of a 12 member committee with strong ties to Clemson...one of which has no recusal. No other school has multiple members connected to one school but keep covering those eyes buddy. 1/4th of the comitee are ACC guys. 1/12th is Big 12, 1/12th is PAC 12, 1/12th is big ten...and the only SEC guy is Jeff Long who was just fired for being incompetent at Arkansas. It's so painfully obvious what's going on here.

To justify propping up a one loss Clemson team ahead of an undefeated Miami team (who hasn't played NC State-therefore the absurd ranking of 19 helps Clemson yet does nothing for Miami) an undefeated Wisconsin team and a one loss Oklahoma team who manhandeled Ohio State on the road, has the best player in all of college football and has a far better loss than Clemson. Reading comprehension isn't your friend I see.

The ACC will do everything in their power to get Clemson in the playoff. The decades worth of academic fraud at UNC and the employment of the two most morally corrupt coaches in all of sports over at Louisville doesnt exactly lead me to believe y'all are above doing such a thing. There's a ton of money involved which is why you're consistently seeing Clemson getting all the calls down the stretch of close ACC games.

Clemson fans travel extremely well...a Clemson appereance is great for business and for the ACC. Plus Bobby Johnson played at Clemson...then there's Dan Radakovich whose not only the Clemson AD but has a son on the football team. That's TWO members of a 12 member committee with strong ties to Clemson...one of which has no recusal. No other school has multiple members connected to one school but keep covering those eyes buddy. 1/4th of the comitee are ACC guys. 1/12th is Big 12, 1/12th is PAC 12, 1/12th is big ten...and the only SEC guy is Jeff Long who was just fired for being incompetent at Arkansas. It's so painfully obvious what's going on here.
AND...consider this: jetfuel can't melt steel beams.

You have an active imagination, and I'm sure a variety of tinfoil hats for each day of the week. Here's what I think you're missing, and maybe this will make things easier for you: the rankings right now simply don't matter. The ACC isn't getting two teams in. They're not. It won't happen. It will be either Clemson, or it will be Miami. The winner of the ACC championship goes to the playoff, the loser goes to the Orange. Do you agree, or disagree with this? Now, obviously, some mayhem could happen before then if USC beats Clemson, but let's assume the 19 point favorite wins that game.

Or is your argument that 12-1 ACC champ Clemson shouldn't be in the playoff at all, because of that Syracuse thing? Because if that's the case, you won't be taken seriously, even on this board.

I did enjoy the diatribe on Louisville, as if the ACC had anything to do with that. Pitino is a POS and no longer the coach there. Oh, and it's basketball. But yes, tons of bearing on why the playoff committee is so hellbent on getting an ACC team in the playoff, which is going to happen regardless because the ACC will have a deserving top 4 team named either "Miami" or "Clemson". But yes, 3/12 guys with "ties" to the ACC are doing everything in their power to influence the other 75% of committee members to put an ACC team in the playoff.

Out of curiosity...do you even read what you type?

I agree, If Miami Wins out... They are IN... If the taters win out, they are in, the Idiots than run this want an ACC team in, NO WAY ACC gets both in (IMO) just like they want an SEC team in.. I still say SEC could get two.. If a few lose that are up there now, and Georgia runs the table, they are in, Alabama with one loss in SEC championship could easily get in..

Funny .....there are 2 ACC teams currently in the top 4 one undefeated. There is 1 SEC team in the top 4...one undefeated
..and yet you see NO WAY the ACC gets 2 teams in the playoffs, YET you say SEC could get 2 teams in...no one knows but....
.................your bias meter just went through the roof

Funny .....there are 2 ACC teams currently in the top 4 one undefeated. There is 1 SEC team in the top 4...one undefeated
..and yet you see NO WAY the ACC gets 2 teams in the playoffs, YET you say SEC could get 2 teams in.
While true...I tend to agree with him. If any conference ever gets a second non-conference champion into the playoff, the only team I could envision getting that kind of benefit of the doubt is Bama. Bama loses a close one to UGA in the SECCG, and MAYBE they're in at 12-1. Maybe. The loser of Clemson-Miami is NOT in, even if it's 12-1 Miami in a close loss to Clemson.

Not particularly fair, but I think that's the way everybody probably views it, including the committee. Maybe we'll find out.

Reactions: cockofdawn
..and yet you see NO WAY the ACC gets 2 teams in the playoffs, YET you say SEC could get 2 teams in...no one knows but....
Biased maybe, Lets say Miami runs the table?? Are you saying taters get in with 2 losses??
Lets say Taters run the table, you think Miami doesnt drop faster than Georgia did?? And i told you the Possible scenario of two SEC.. Georgia with 1 loss and SEC champs GET IN!! Bama with one loss, and a few others lose gets in.. So yes I am biased, and i didnt say the SEC WOULD get two, i said COULD get two..

Biased maybe, Lets say Miami runs the table?? Are you saying taters get in with 2 losses??
Lets say Taters run the table, you think Miami doesnt drop faster than Georgia did?? And i told you the Possible scenario of two SEC.. Georgia with 1 loss and SEC champs GET IN!! Bama with one loss, and a few others lose gets in.. So yes I am biased, and i didnt say the SEC WOULD get two, i said COULD get two..

yeah and i wrote " could" in my post...."YET you say SEC could get 2 teams in."

While true...I tend to agree with him. If any conference ever gets a second non-conference champion into the playoff, the only team I could envision getting that kind of benefit of the doubt is Bama. Bama loses a close one to UGA in the SECCG, and MAYBE they're in at 12-1. Maybe. The loser of Clemson-Miami is NOT in, even if it's 12-1 Miami in a close loss to Clemson.

Not particularly fair, but I think that's the way everybody probably views it, including the committee. Maybe we'll find out.

there is a lot more football to be played... ALL top 4 teams could lose before the final playoff top 4
to speculate might be fun to some... i prefer to let it play out

Reactions: cockofdawn
Is this therapeutic for you Clemson fans? To take the time to come over onto this board in an attempt to subconsciously convince yourselves there isn't something going on? Do you get any satisfaction or relief from doing this?

Nothing about this post, or any post from any Clemson fan on this board has disproven any of my points about what's PRESENTLY taking place. I'm not talking about scenarios that have already not happened like the moronic one you just proposed...I'm talking about actual rankings that DID take place last night here in the real world. NOTHING y'all have proposed has countered my very valid point that NC State was pushed to 19 despite not deserving it in order to bump Clemson up to 2. NC State was ranked 20 in the initial college football playoff rankings two weeks ago. In the two weeks since then they've gone 1-1 and have somehow moved up 1 over that time period. They went up 4 slots from last week for defeating Boston College by 3.

Had they not done this, the ACC would have been the only power 5 conference with only 2 ranked teams.

SEC-Bama, Auburn, UGA, Miss St, LSU (5)
BIG 12-Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, TCU (all 3 in the top 13)
BIG 10-Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Northwestern, Michigan (5)
PAC 12-USC, Washington, Washington St, Stanford (4)
ACC-Clemson, Miami and NC State (3)

Had NC State not been ranked the ACC would have only had 2 ranked teams in the top 25. Even with them being lofted the ACC is clearly the most mediocre conference going by this measurement. The SEC and BIG 10 have just as many teams in the top 10 as the ACC has in the entire top 25 and that's with NC State being intentionally over-ranked. Clemson would have only had one victory over a team that's currently ranked..compared to Oklahomas 3. It's all to justify the absurdity that is Clemson being ahead of Miami and Oklahoma.

Couldn’t the same logic be used for propping up Alabama? Their only ranked wins are LSU and Mississippi St. LSU moved up 4 spots after beating Arkansas and Mississippi St stays put after a loss.

I can see the reason for the current rankings but I believe Clemson should be 5 at this point. As a fan that would still put Clemson in if they win out but would reflect the wins and the bad loss.

I'm a political writer...I sniff bullshit out for a living.

I don't know if you're right, wrong, crazy or just having fun, but man.

"I'm a political writer ... I sniff bullshit out for a living."

That may be the greatest 10-word-wrapped-around-an ellipsis-start to a post on a football message board I have ever read.

Maybe you should consider putting that on your tombstone. "He was a political writer. He sniffed bullshit out for a living. And then he died."

I'm going home now. My day is complete. Thanks for that.

SEC-Bama, Auburn, UGA, Miss St, LSU (5)
BIG 12-Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, TCU (all 3 in the top 13)
BIG 10-Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Northwestern, Michigan (5)
PAC 12-USC, Washington, Washington St, Stanford (4)
ACC-Clemson, Miami and NC State (3)
I agree with everything your saying and hope we knock them out next week but speaking of teams that shouldn't be ranked does anyone have a worse loss than lsu?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT