ADVERTISEMENT

Colonial Pipeline restarting.

So you blame Democrats for the spending bills and increased unemployment benefits that were started by a Republican president? Seems fair and balanced.
No, some was needed.

But Democrats wrote those bill and included way more in them than was needed and refused to reduce parts that were way overbloated. Republicans alone would have passed much less.

All those bills started in the Democratic House and Republicans didn't have enough votes in the Senate to force some things to be removed. All or not. As Biden said on this last bill. "Go Big and Bold"

Well, this is what you get.

No, some was needed.

But Democrats wrote those bill and included way more in them than was needed and refused to reduce parts that were way overbloated. Republicans alone would have passed much less.
I know that, at least in the Senate, the $1.9 Trillion package most recently passed was done so along straight party lines.

Just heard that the fuel flows at 5 MPH. That's 5500 miles /5 =1100hours/24 hours in a day . By my calculation it would take 45 days. What???? Now, if they shut the line down, would there not be residual fuel in the pipeline?

Not trying to start any arguments or raise any points. Anybody have any insider info to share?

Sorry it was 35
A few hundred thousand gallons isn't so bad.
Better than a train wrecking in your town and burning it down.

Wrong. It's not lumber and it's not some 40 year cycle. Huge amount of government spending created this, way more than was needed. The last bill should have never been passes and the absurdly high unemployment benefits should have been very short term and scaled way back or eliminated by now.

Blame Democrats. As usual, they go way too far with everything to pander and buy votes. They tried to turn COVID relief into a slush fund for everything they wanted, most of which had nothing to do with COVID, and this is the result.
Yes, I was wrong. I should have said 30 years. It has been several years since I read the article: "A Look at the Coming 30-Year Inflation Cycle". You can google it and read for yourself. Cycles rarely hit on the nose. There are lag times. But the economy does tend to move in cycles and waves like the seasons of a year. You have a habit of believing only what fits your bias. And that's fine. But your bias can't change numbers and dates. If you go to Yahoo Finance and plug in the data for the etf "WOOD", the timber and forestry etf, you will find that the price of that etf around March 16 of LAST YEAR was $41.61. Around January 18 of this year, it was $82.77, nearly a double increase.

Just to get away from politics and towards Gamecock sports for once: henceforth, the Colonial Pipeline shall refer to Dawn’s recruiting prowess. (Or the lack of Frank’s, eg. “Once again for the men, the Colonial Pipeline is empty. “

Yes, I was wrong. I should have said 30 years. It has been several years since I read the article: "A Look at the Coming 30-Year Inflation Cycle". You can google it and read for yourself. Cycles rarely hit on the nose. There are lag times. But the economy does tend to move in cycles and waves like the seasons of a year. You have a habit of believing only what fits your bias. And that's fine. But your bias can't change numbers and dates. If you go to Yahoo Finance and plug in the data for the etf "WOOD", the timber and forestry etf, you will find that the price of that etf around March 16 of LAST YEAR was $41.61. Around January 18 of this year, it was $82.77, nearly a double increase.

Everything you type fits your bias. Lumber has increased. Nobody is disputing that. But that's been going on for a year. That isn't what caused this huge increase suddenly this month. Biden's policies did. There is a supply chain squeeze right now, and a lot of that is caused by shortages in the workforce due to generous government benefits that allow workers to sit out instead of show up a work. Never should have gone on this long, and the longer it is allowed to continue, the worse it will get. And then there are the trillions of dollars that have been spent and the trillions that have been printed. And the desire to spend trillions more.

Surely you didn't think that was sustainable without consequences. Republicans warned about this in March with the last 2 trillion and were ignored and called fear mongers.

Everything you type fits your bias. Lumber has increased. Nobody is disputing that. But that's been going on for a year. That isn't what caused this huge increase suddenly this month. Biden's policies did. There is a supply chain squeeze right now, and a lot of that is caused by shortages in the workforce due to generous government benefits that allow workers to sit out instead of show up a work. Never should have gone on this long, and the longer it is allowed to continue, the worse it will get. And then there are the trillions of dollars that have been spent and the trillions that have been printed. And the desire to spend trillions more.

Surely you didn't think that was sustainable without consequences. Republicans warned about this in March with the last 2 trillion and were ignored and called fear mongers.
I referenced an article and numbers, not bias, like you always do.

And the dumbasses listen to the Biden administration and paid the ransom.

Colonial Pipeline paid $5 million ransom to hackers​

Just like Biden gives Trump no credit on the vaccine. Our country would be better off if Biden had not done anything since taking office.
Yet, Biden's job approval/disapproval numbers from CONSERVATIVE organizations are:
Rassmussen:
Approve 50%
Disapprove 48%

Investors Business Daily
Approve 55
Disapprove 35

Fox
Approve 54
Disapprove 43

Looks like most people disagree with you.

Obviously, you don't know the meaning of "lag time" and didn't read what the author said. LMAO

No, you are just trying to make some article fit your agenda.

The reality is this should surprise nobody. Republicans told you this was going to happens months ago before your "lag time" theory existed.

If there is a wrong answer, Biden will find it. He was the only one in the room that disagreed with killing Bin Laden. How stupid to you have be to think that was a bad idea? Idiot king among idiots.

Last edited:
Yet, Biden's job approval/disapproval numbers from CONSERVATIVE organizations are:
Rassmussen:
Approve 50%
Disapprove 48%

Investors Business Daily
Approve 55
Disapprove 35

Fox
Approve 54
Disapprove 43

Looks like most people disagree with you.
51% of people polled think storm clouds affect Cloud Computing.

I don't think polls mean much anymore.

Last edited:
No, you are just trying to make some article fit your agenda.

The reality is this should surprise nobody. Republicans told you this was going to happens months ago before your "lag time" theory existed.

If there is a wrong answer, Biden will find it. He was the only one in the room that disagreed with killing Bin Laden. How stupid to you have be to think that was a bad idea? Idiot king among idiots.
I can't force you to read. I'm out of here. Take care.

Keep believing that. If polls were accurate, we would be talking about President Hillary Clinton.
You got any idea how many times a republican has won the popular vote in a presidential election in the past 33 yrs? Hint: less than 2 more than 0. That would most definitely indicate you are in the minority. The electoral college is the only thing between you and losing all but 1 presidential election since 1988.

You got any idea how many times a republican has won the popular vote in a presidential election in the past 33 yrs? Hint: less than 2 more than 0. That would most definitely indicate you are in the minority. The electoral college is the only thing between you and losing all but 1 presidential election since 1988.
That's the hand of God preserving the quality of life just a little longer.

Good thing we have the college. It has worked as designed to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

Reactions: myrtlecock

I would agree if you added "voting" minority.

I'm sure theres a poll out there to make everyone feel okay, but I prefer to believe a larger portion of non voters arent as psycho as the radicals running and following the two parties.

Reactions: 92Pony and Dizzy01
That's just voters. Not all Americans. Who knows what the 1/3rd that don't vote think.

It doesn't say what you are implying it does. Colonial is a private company, the government can not force them to pay nor prevent them from doing so. Besides one of the owners of Colonial is the Kochs....doubt they would do anything this administration suggested.

This appears to be international criminal activity....pure and simply...and it wasn't the first and won't be the last....and most private companies end up paying...whether it is kidnapping, cyber attacks, or whatever.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
There you have it. I'm a minority. I demand special treatment and protections from the commie masses.

Last edited:
Canada, does it matter?
It is getting harder and harder to have runaway train situations. Improvements in the operation systems of trains, and improvements in tracks has taken a lot of human error and intentional human interference out of it. The primary reason is national security....trains are the safest way to transport nuclear waste. Hopefully, the infrastructure bill improves this more by upgrading more tracks in the US.

It is getting harder and harder to have runaway train situations. Improvements in the operation systems of trains, and improvements in tracks has taken a lot of human error and intentional human interference out of it. The primary reason is national security....trains are the safest way to transport nuclear waste. Hopefully, the infrastructure bill improves this more by upgrading more tracks in the US.
Runaways are rare.
Derailments are not.
Ever wonder who owns the railroad/railcars used to move oil in place of the now halted pipeline?

Do the initials Warren Buffet ring a bell?

Even if all cars are electric by 2050 the demand for oil will not evaporate and the need to transport it safely will persist.

Pipelines are and will continue to be a safer and more reliable form of transport than other options.

Canada, does it matter?
Because we were talking about the US and if it’s so dangerous or prevalent then this has certainly happened in the US before.

or you are cherry picking a freak accident to prove the exception rather than the rule because I can give you a ton of pipeline spills for really any pipeline ever

Because we were talking about the US and if it’s so dangerous or prevalent then this has certainly happened in the US before.

or you are cherry picking a freak accident to prove the exception rather than the rule because I can give you a ton of pipeline spills for really any pipeline ever
I was not cherry picking, just happened to remember this incident.
Of your ton of pipeline spills can you find any that killed 37 people and burned a town down?

Besides, isn't Canada really the 51st state for all practical purposes?

I'm not going to lose any sleep over them paying 5 mil for ransom. Apparently they paid it all in Bitcoin. These guys make 5 mil in a day...
Over the past decade, Colonial has distributed nearly all its profits, sometimes more, in the form of dividends. In 2018, for example, it paid nearly $670 million to its owners, even more than the $467 million net income. Last year, it returned to investors over 90% of its $421.6 million in profits.
I would advise these guys to pay a little more for their cyber security.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT