ADVERTISEMENT

Colonial Pipeline restarting.

I'm not sure why you don't understand that corporations (C Corps) pay corporate income tax via an 1120 Corporate tax return. I'm also not sure why you don't understand that when they pay their shareholders a dividend that they issue a 1099 -DIV to the IRS and to the shareholder, and that the shareholder is responsible for reporting those dividends on his/her personal 1040 tax return and is responsible for paying the income tax on those earnings. The dividends they are distributing are from their earning which have already been taxed at the corporate level. This is not a new concept. If the corporation makes an S election then it can pass the earnings on to the shareholders via a K-1 and not pay corporate income tax. But the corporation in question is not a S Corp, it is a C Corp.
I do realize all that and haven't argued otherwise. There are business and financial reasons companies choose how to be taxed. Since the Trump tax cuts, many are advising medium sized and larger businesses to select a C-Corp over an S-Corp. It all depends on the type of business, what their deductions are, etc....

I do realize all that and haven't argued otherwise. There are business and financial reasons companies choose how to be taxed. Since the Trump tax cuts, many are advising medium sized and larger businesses to select a C-Corp over an S-Corp. It all depends on the type of business, what their deductions are, etc....
Then why did you take exception to my original post that said such? Then proceed to tell me that I should "Stay at your day job. Accounting isn't it?" It seems maybe you are the one who should reevaluate your career choice. Do you contradict yourself much with your clients as well?

Then why did you take exception to my original post that said such? Then proceed to tell me that I should "Stay at your day job. Accounting isn't it?" It seems maybe you are the one who should reevaluate your career choice. Do you contradict yourself much with your clients as well?
Without looking back, maybe I misread your post. I thought you were saying that the ransom would be paid with after tax dollars for both the corporations and the shareholders. It is not, it is a deductible expense by the corporation and paid with pre-tax dollars. If that is not what you were saying or implied, then I apologize for my response.

Without looking back, maybe I misread your post. I thought you were saying that the ransom would be paid with after tax dollars for both the corporations and the shareholders. It is not, it is a deductible expense by the corporation and paid with pre-tax dollars. If that is not what you were saying or implied, then I apologize for my response.
No, I made no mention whatsoever about the ransom. My comment was that the taxes the corporation pays is double taxed when the shareholders pay their taxes on the dividends distributed. I know full well what you are talking about. I am a forensic accountant and am involved with a legal case now involving theft which can be taken on the tax return as a casualty loss in the year discovered. I think this ransom they had to pay would fall under that category as well assuming they don't have a documentation problem with it being paid with a crypto currency.
At any rate I do appreciate the apology.

Reactions: rogue cock
U.S. District Judge Vyskocil: Carlson cannot be liable for his “hyperbolic rhetoric.” “Given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer ‘arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes[.]"
I hope we all have “an appropriate amount of skepticism” about all things, especially anything that the government (controlled by human beings) does.

It's going week's for supply to catch up with demand..

Good Job Sleepy Joe! Keep it up and you'll erase everything going past 2008 down turn, 2000 Internet bubble and all the way back to 1972 when you took office as a senator. Sleepy Joe with all his 400 exclusive orders in 5 months will make American Great Again. The Great Depression era...

What a walking disaster sleepy Joe is and its only been 5 months...

It's going week's for supply to catch up with demand..

Good Job Sleepy Joe! Keep it up and you'll erase everything going past 2008 down turn, 2000 Internet bubble and all the way back to 1972 when you took office as a senator. Sleepy Joe with all his 400 exclusive orders in 5 months will make American Great Again. The Great Depression era...

What a walking disaster sleepy Joe is and its only been 5 months...
Maybe the Proud Boys can help....

'You left us': Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean slams Trump in expletive-laden message

"We are now and always have been on our own. So glad he was able to pardon a bunch of degenerates as his last move and s--- on us on the way out," Nordean said in an expletive-laden message about the former president. "F--- you trump you left us on [t]he battle field bloody and alone."

Maybe the Proud Boys can help....

'You left us': Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean slams Trump in expletive-laden message

"We are now and always have been on our own. So glad he was able to pardon a bunch of degenerates as his last move and s--- on us on the way out," Nordean said in an expletive-laden message about the former president. "F--- you trump you left us on [t]he battle field bloody and alone."

When you can't defend your boy, you need to slam Trump to feel good.

He should have done what Democrats did across the entire nation with all the BLM and Antifa rioters. Pardon them or have the charges dropped.

We know that is what Biden would have done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT