ADVERTISEMENT

Comment on State of our football team this year

I thought of this thread tonight.

A real comment on the state of our football will be this offseason. Every time a poster argues how this season wasn't so bad, and to be expected.

Every time the argument is made to settle for seasons like this as a norm say a lot about our fanbase, and the state of our program.

I thought of this thread tonight.

A real comment on the state of our football will be this offseason. Every time a poster argues how this season wasn't so bad, and to be expected.

Every time the argument is made to settle for seasons like this as a norm say a lot about our fanbase, and the state of our program.
And every time we blow it up and follow posts like yours, we're having this discussion again three years down the road!

Reactions: Ward Jr
And every time we blow it up and follow posts like yours, we're having this discussion again three years down the road!

Only because we make hires like Muschamp and Beamer.

Had we hired Chadwell who was the obvious choice, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Only because we make hires like Muschamp and Beamer.

Had we hired Chadwell who was the obvious choice, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
Not sure you can rationalize something that we'll never know would have been successful. SEC football is a little different than Conf. USA football! You would just have half the board saying, terrible hire, we should have hired Beamer!

Reactions: cockofdawn
Low IQ alert. Because threads never evolve?

In addition, I addressed your original post and you chose to ignore as it was an inconvenient truth. It mucked up your latest attempt to degrade the team.

Comeon SockMaster. At least give us something to work with.
Thank you for the low IQ admission, but it wasn't necessary. Everyone here already know knows you have an IQ lower than your pencil neck size. What's amazing is how you continue to insist o proving it post after post.

Please point out where you addressed the topic. You did not. Here is what you said, "Who have we lost to that we were expected to beat coming into the season after an 8-5 performance?" The post was about games we WON! Get it? GET IT?

Now to pull your sock out of you a$$ then go speak to someone who can read and have them direct you as to how to post.

Who do you want to win the game tonight?
HA HA HA HA! Ok, mentally challenged one, I will repost here. Now read it very slowly or better yet get someone with an IQ above 50 to read it to you and explain.:
"I'm just hoping we have just one more ugly win this year."
The operative word here oh slow one is WIN. Look it up in Websters.

HA HA HA HA! Ok, mentally challenged one, I will repost here. Now read it very slowly or better yet get someone with an IQ above 50 to read it to you and explain.:
"I'm just hoping we have just one more ugly win this year."
The operative word here oh slow one is WIN. Look it up in Websters.

Note to SockPuppet: This BOT needs some definite refining. Maybe a combination of Lurker and Gamecock24/7 with a dash of Watson?

So, what do we do to stop the cycle?

The first thing I can think of, is not to hire an obvious failure like Muschamp, and an obvious hail Mary, like Beamer.

I know some responses will be that we're asking too much, and we can't compete with the "big boys". But I think this fan base would be happy with something short of that, but better than what we have now.

Reactions: sclawman77

The first thing I can think of, is not to hire an obvious failure like Muschamp, and an obvious hail Mary, like Beamer.

I know some responses will be that we're asking too much, and we can't compete with the "big boys". But I think this fan base would be happy with something short of that, but better than what we have now.
Yep. People forget we were the final nail in the coffin for Muschamp at UF with the win in the swamp in '14 only to hire him a year later. Terrible, desperate hire.

Beamer was the young, energetic and inexperienced coach (though he looks like he's aging fast after 3 years) recommended by former players (poor reason to hire a coach) and has that ACC connection that Ray loves being Frank's son. I hate to mention this but the media adores Shane and his "enthusiasm" so that adds more pressure on our program. The tv panelists are saying "they'll never do better" and "the fans that don't root for Shane are miserable, fake fans that hate life".

One thing I will add. How about let a new AD make the next hire if Shane can't figure it out.

Reactions: Lurker123
Yep. People forget we were the final nail in the coffin for Muschamp at UF with the win in the swamp in '14 only to hire him a year later. Terrible, desperate hire.

Beamer was the young, energetic and inexperienced coach (though he looks like he's aging fast after 3 years) recommended by former players (poor reason to hire a coach) and has that ACC connection that Ray loves being Frank's son. I hate to mention this but the media adores Shane and his "enthusiasm" so that adds more pressure on our program. The tv panelists are saying "they'll never do better" and "the fans that don't root for Shane are miserable, fake fans that hate life".

One thing I will add. How about let a new AD make the next hire if Shane can't figure it out.

I get a kick out of those announcers saying things like that. It's usually when a coach is on his way out the door. It's like the dreaded "vote of confidence" from the AD. But Beamer is safe through next year, and probably the year after, barring the wheels falling off.

Note to SockPuppet: This BOT needs some definite refining. Maybe a combination of Lurker and Gamecock24/7 with a dash of Watson?
Looking at the member information I see you joined this forum in 2021. I joined in 2013 with the same account and same user name. It is far more likely that you are the one who has joined under different names. What was your name prior to 2021? How many times have you changed? I'm guessing more than once.

Looking at the member information I see you joined this forum in 2021. I joined in 2013 with the same account and same user name. It is far more likely that you are the one who has joined under different names. What was your name prior to 2021? How many times have you changed? I'm guessing more than once.

He's been outed as a Clemson fan trolling us about our current situation.

Not sure you can rationalize something that we'll never know would have been successful. SEC football is a little different than Conf. USA football! You would just have half the board saying, terrible hire, we should have hired Beamer!
Yes but he would have had SEC players, not CUSA players. He won conference championships at D2 North Gville, FCS Charleston Southern, FCS/FBS transition Coastal Carolina, and likely now CUSA Liberty.

He keeps moving up a step and does nothing but win even more. That trend probably would keep going.

Its a better risk than an absolute unknown, right?

Interesting logic. Do you realize it is possible for sock accounts to be created at any moment in history? The age of an account means absolutely nothing. Ask those same two who commonly like your post for further reference -- either blood brothers or they need to get a room.

Interesting logic. Do you realize it is possible for sock accounts to be created at any moment in history? The age of an account means absolutely nothing. Ask those same two who commonly like your post for further reference -- either blood brothers or they need to get a room.
What is really interesting is that you did not comment on the question of any other accounts you've had. I have only had ONE and never any others. I also have no responsibility for anyone else or who "likes" my post. The only thing I can say for certainty is that if anyone else agrees with my posts, they are correct.

Reactions: uscwatson21
What is really interesting is that you did not comment on the question of any other accounts you've had. I have only had ONE and never any others. I also have no responsibility for anyone else or who "likes" my post. The only thing I can say for certainty is that if anyone else agrees with my posts, they are correct.

It's not just the "likes." Everyone possesses unique writing styles and states/organizes their thoughts in an original way. It's easy to identify when you zoom out and have many comparables to analyze.

For example, most of Google's algos are geared to capitalize on these unique footprints.

It's not just the "likes." Everyone possesses unique writing styles and states/organizes their thoughts in an original way. It's easy to identify when you zoom out and have many comparables to analyze.

For example, most of Google's algos are geared to capitalize on these unique footprints.

Please share with us which poster's openai has decided are the same person?

One only has to point to Missouri. Look what they have done. For all those who think recruiting rankings are the holy bible, we have out recruited them since 2018 with an avg rank of 19.6 ( this excludes our 2021 transitional year) to 36.0 for Missouri, yet we can't seem to compete with them. They finished the regular season 10-2 with the only losses to the undefeated SEC East Champion Georgia and to #23 LSU. I think any USC fan would be tickled to death with that record.

One only has to point to Missouri. Look what they have done. For all those who think recruiting rankings are the holy bible, we have out recruited them since 2018 with an avg rank of 19.6 ( this excludes our 2021 transitional year) to 36.0 for Missouri, yet we can't seem to compete with them. They finished the regular season 10-2 with the only losses to the undefeated SEC East Champion Georgia and to #23 LSU. I think any USC fan would be tickled to death with that record.

Liked the post because I agreed with it. It's just an added bonus that it triggers a troll.

Eli Drinkowitz seems to be managing.

Where was this post last year when Drinkwitz was 6-7 and facing heat while Beamer was 8-5 and beating Top 10 teams?

Let's see if Drink can replicate his success for a few years before we anoint him the next best coach we didn't hire. If he happens to do so, he'll likely just be gobbled up by a richer SEC school.

As A&M showed the world, there isn't any amount of money that stands between deep money schools and their desires. Any "Xs and Os coach" who out performs on any consistent basis in the SEC will get taken in today's environment if you can't match offers.

We were very lucky to have a retired, wealthy one who just wanted a challenge and didn't care about upward mobility and spotlights. Not to mention, it was pre-NIL and Spurrier had plenty to say on that.

No, that doesn't hold water. I write differently than anyone else on this forum and usually say different or unique things. The only reason I get likes is because, unlike you, I make intelligent comments with logical conclusions backed up by facts. You just make up sh!t.

No, that doesn't hold water. I write differently than anyone else on this forum and usually say different or unique things. The only reason I get likes is because, unlike you, I make intelligent comments with logical conclusions backed up by facts. You just make up sh!t.

OK.

Are you literally going to try and argue with a fool who is accusing you of "writing like someone else"?

Seriously, when they hit that low, does it deserve a response other than mocking?

And this time I liked your post just to trigger the troll.

Where was this post last year when Drinkwitz was 6-7 and facing heat while Beamer was 8-5 and beating Top 10 teams?

Let's see if Drink can replicate his success for a few years before we anoint him the next best coach we didn't hire. If he happens to do so, he'll likely just be gobbled up by a richer SEC school.

As A&M showed the world, there isn't any amount of money that stands between deep money schools and their desires. Any "Xs and Os coach" who out performs on any consistent basis in the SEC will get taken in today's environment if you can't match offers.

We were very lucky to have a retired, wealthy one who just wanted a challenge and didn't care about upward mobility and spotlights. Not to mention, it was pre-NIL and Spurrier had plenty to say on that.

The same drink that’s 3-0 against Beamer? Every reasonable fan should have know Drink’s 6-7 was more impressive than our 8-5.

Well now, let's see. Drinkwitz was a HC at App State and finished 12-1 in 2019 including a win over us 20-15. He was consistent in his first 3 years at Mizzou finishing with even regular season records. This is his 4th year at Mizzou and he is 10-2. He has beaten us EVERY YEAR since he has been there. He has never back slided like our current coach. Remind me, where was he a HC before coming here, I forget?

Well now, let's see. Drinkwitz was a HC at App State and finished 12-1 in 2019 including a win over us 20-15. He was consistent in his first 3 years at Mizzou finishing with even regular season records. This is his 4th year at Mizzou and he is 10-2. He has beaten us EVERY YEAR since he has been there. He has never back slided like our current coach. Remind me, where was he a HC before coming here, I forget?

What's your point here?

Drinkwitz had a losing season last year. Beamer went 8-5.

UK and Missouri both have similar talent to us.

Both UK and Missouri have had staffs in place longer.

Muschamp won one game out of 5 against UK.

Beamer has won 2 of 3 including a 1st ever win against a ranked-UK in their stadium.

Beamer overachieved last season and now you want to dock him for lack of progression in seasonal wins? That's some interesting logic.

We played the toughest schedule in the nation this year and that was because of the brutal road schedule. We also had bad injuries and NIL losses.

It happens.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
What's your point here?

Drinkwitz had a losing season last year. Beamer went 8-5.

UK and Missouri both have similar talent to us.

Both UK and Missouri have had staffs in place longer.

Muschamp won one game out of 5 against UK.

Beamer has won 2 of 3 including a 1st ever win against a ranked-UK in their stadium.

Beamer overachieved last season and now you want to dock him for lack of progression in seasonal wins? That's some interesting logic.

We played the toughest schedule in the nation this year and that was because of the brutal road schedule. We also had bad injuries and NIL losses.

It happens.
If you read my post you would know what the point is. Are you off your meds again? You should get one of those daily pill containers so you would remember each day.

I was responding to Lurker who asked if USC fans would be satisfied with anything other than the "big boys" I pointed out Missouri who is 10-2 and has been consistent in Drink's first 3 years. Then you for some stupid reason bring up UK and Muschamp which have nothing to do with the post. Drink has won 5 games in 2020, 6 in 2021, 6 in 2022, and now 10 in 2023. He is in an upward trajectory whereas Beamer is in a downward trajectory at 8, 7, and 5. We're going in the wrong direction while Missouri, who we haven't beaten in 5 years has surpassed us. I think all USC fans would be ecstatic if we had won 10 games this year, or even 9 games.

If Beamer wins 10 games next year in his 4th year you would be jumping with joy, but somehow when Drink does it, it's nothing to you. I guess you wouldn't be happy unless we went 12-0? Unfortunately, it looks like even a 6-6 season next year will be a stretch.

Are you literally going to try and argue with a fool who is accusing you of "writing like someone else"?

Seriously, when they hit that low, does it deserve a response other than mocking?

And this time I liked your post just to trigger the troll.
😂Well.....yes I am. And I was mocking him.

Reactions: uscwatson21
BTW, WTF is Beamer waiting on regarding staff departures? Matt Rhule will not be his charity again.

If you read my post you would know what the point is. Are you off your meds again? You should get one of those daily pill containers so you would remember each day.

I was responding to Lurker who asked if USC fans would be satisfied with anything other than the "big boys" I pointed out Missouri who is 10-2 and has been consistent in Drink's first 3 years. Then you for some stupid reason bring up UK and Muschamp which have nothing to do with the post. Drink has won 5 games in 2020, 6 in 2021, 6 in 2022, and now 10 in 2023. He is in an upward trajectory whereas Beamer is in a downward trajectory at 8, 7, and 5. We're going in the wrong direction while Missouri, who we haven't beaten in 5 years has surpassed us. I think all USC fans would be ecstatic if we had won 10 games this year, or even 9 games.

If Beamer wins 10 games next year in his 4th year you would be jumping with joy, but somehow when Drink does it, it's nothing to you. I guess you wouldn't be happy unless we went 12-0? Unfortunately, it looks like even a 6-6 season next year will be a stretch.

Begin with the basics of math. Drinkwitz has been with Missouri for 4 years.

Secondly, you're argument is the Beamer overachieving in his 2nd year and hasn't had the smooth upward protectory?

Maybe consider a Lobotomy?

Begin with the basics of math. Drinkwitz has been with Missouri for 4 years.

Secondly, you're argument is the Beamer overachieving in his 2nd year and hasn't had the smooth upward protectory?

Maybe consider a Lobotomy?
In your case a lobotomy would be an improvement. Again, you just can't read can you? I mentioned this was Drink's 4th year and Beamer's 3rd year. I also said if Beamer were to win 10 or even 9 games next year the fan base would be ecstatic. How much would you be willing to wager on that happening? One is in an upward trajectory and the other is in a downward trajectory.

Now go take your meds before you post more nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT