ADVERTISEMENT

Comment on State of our football team this year

JGH 35

Oct 22, 2013
I heard a comment from a guy this morning that pretty much sums up the state of our football team this year. He said "I'm just hoping we have just one more ugly win this year."

I'm just thankful for Rattler and Legette. If not for these guys we might not have a single win this year. Not looking good for next year at this point unless we get some great portal transfers.

I heard a comment from a guy this morning that pretty much sums up the state of our football team this year. He said "I'm just hoping we have just one more ugly win this year."

I'm just thankful for Rattler and Legette. If not for these guys we might not have a single win this year. Not looking good for next year at this point unless we get some great portal transfers.

Who have we lost to that we were expected to beat coming into the season after an 8-5 performance?

Weren't favored in any of those games, Felix.
Shocker, now you’re changing the goalposts. Our fans thought those were games we were the favorite coming into the season.

But Vegas knew that 8-5 last year was fools gold.

Last edited:
Reactions: dugw
If we're only favored in 4 games next year, does that mean 4 wins was a good year?

Or is it a judgment on the state of the team to not be favored?

Edit: I guess the simple way to put it. Is not being favored an excuse for, or a symptom of an underperforming team?

Last edited:
If we're only favored in 4 games next year, does that mean 4 wins was a good year?

Edit: I guess the simple way to put it. Is not being favored an excuse for, or a symptom of an underperforming team?

The weirder part is based on his "logic" that Beamer gets credit for being an underdog at home against a 6 win team.

So Beamer actually is a "better" coach by losing more early in the year.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

It means we aren't overachieving like we did in 2022.

My argument isn't for status quo year-in and year-out.

Unlike last season, we had injuries in positions that were particularly painful (and also lost key talent to the NIL.)

As a result, this year has ended up chalk.

It's not new -- It's happened to us many times before.

We are at best a 1st team squad in the SEC.

You start punching holes in that 1st team squad, the boat is going to start having issues pretty quickly.

You start punching holes in that 1st team squad, the boat is going to start having issues pretty quickly..
Seems the RB position had holes punched into it before the season began. 😬
Shane Beamer has to dig his way out of that hole...and it just gets harder next season.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Who have we lost to that we were expected to beat coming into the season after an 8-5 performance?
WTF does that have to do with the topic? I was talking about games we WON, and you go off on some tangent about games we lost. Can't you read? Perhaps you didn't take your meds this morning?

Last edited:
WTF does that have to do with the topic? I was talking about games we WON, and you go off on some tangent about games we lost. Can't you read? Perhaps you didn't take your meds this morning?

Well, I asked a question at the beginning of this thread that you chose to avoid?

Or is managing all of those sock accounts getting confusing in terms of who responds when?

Because we finished strong to end the season beating teams who were favored to win?

It was impossible to know that Wells would go out early which would magnify the absence of players like Lloyd and Bell....A domino effect.

Or maybe we are just poorly coached? The idea we didn’t have the roster to win any of those games is quite laughable. Especially after the way we collapsed against UF.

You went into the season thinking we would be good and now you’re just finding excuses to justify us being bad. It’s so odd you guys seem to care more about defending Beamer than you care about the team.

Or maybe we are just poorly coached? The idea we didn’t have the roster to win any of those games is quite laughable. Especially after the way we collapsed against UF.

You went into the season thinking we would be good and now you’re just finding excuses to justify us being bad. It’s so odd you guys seem to care more about defending Beamer than you care about the team.

This is a huge game for you, Watson.

A win over our rival and becoming bowl eligible could very well automatically trigger a year extension for Beamer due to contract terms.

I'm sure you'll be rooting even harder against us this weekend. :)

This is a huge game for you, Watson.

A win over our rival and becoming bowl eligible could very well automatically trigger a year extension for Beamer due to contract terms.

I'm sure you'll be rooting even harder against us this weekend. :)
I have no doubt you guys will be arguing to give him an extension if we lose.

Well, I asked a question at the beginning of this thread that you chose to avoid?

Or is managing all of those sock accounts getting confusing in terms of who responds when?
No, you asked a STUPID question that had absolutely nothing to do with the thread. I don't respond to irrelevant posts. Your stupidity is astounding. Also, would you like for me to tell you where you can stick your sock?

No, you asked a STUPID question that had absolutely nothing to do with the thread. I don't respond to irrelevant posts. Your stupidity is astounding. Also, would you like for me to tell you where you can stick your sock?

Low IQ alert. Because threads never evolve?

In addition, I addressed your original post and you chose to ignore as it was an inconvenient truth. It mucked up your latest attempt to degrade the team.

Comeon SockMaster. At least give us something to work with.

No, you asked a STUPID Also, would you like for me to tell you where you can stick your sock?

One troll calls everyone who disagrees a tater. Another calls everyone who disagrees a sock account.

Smh

This tweet hurts and kinda sums up our situation.

Too many fans want to believe the hype instead of facing the reality.

It's crazy that we would still have had Satterfield this year if Nebraska hadn't stolen him

One word to sum up the season is disappointment. I knew we questionable going into the season. So at least I wasn’t shocked.

Unfortunately, next year is a question mark also. I hope this isn’t going to be a trend. 😬

Last edited:
Reactions: Robhawk29

Who do you want to win the game tonight?

It's crazy that we would still have had Satterfield this year if Nebraska hadn't stolen him

That's funny, but I don't buy the "stolen" story. His friend gave hum a job when he knew he was out the door here.

That tweet is interesting though. They are saying there has been improvement in the last 1/3 of the season.

That means they are basing it on Jax st, vandy and UK. I'm not sold JS was a good defensive game, except maybe the TO's. Vandy is vandy. So that leaves a good performance against UK.

I'm not sold it's a trend at this point.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
Except it's literally never been a thing on here but it is a common phrase on Tigernet.

Things that make you go hmm...

It becomes a thing when you have a group of posters who structure their thoughts the same way, have similar sentence structure/vernaculars, always seem to be at the same place at the same time, always are liking each other's comments, have a gang mentality, etc. At one point, Lurker was even clarifying things you (Watson) had said or meant. The only thing that was variable was the degree of pessimism -- an attempted misdirection play.

It becomes a thing when you have a group of posters who structure their thoughts the same way, have similar sentence structure/vernaculars, always seem to be at the same place at the same time, always are liking each other's comments, have a gang mentality, etc. At one point, Lurker was even clarifying things you (Watson) had said or meant. The only thing that was variable was the degree of pessimism -- an attempted misdirection play.

Quit trying to change the subject Tiger fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT