ADVERTISEMENT

Complete DISRESPECT in AP top 25 poll

7-3 (5-3) 2nd in SEC East South Carolina winners of last 4 out of 5 receives 2 votes (good for 35 in country) 5-4 Georgia Tech received 6 votes

the 7-3 teams that are ranked in top 25 are Stanford, LSU (lost to troy at home) Michigan State, West Virginia, and NC State (Which has no good wins, and SC beat them)

7-3 teams that received more votes than SC include:
Virginia Tech 110
Northwestern 72
Arizona 49

4 loss teams that received more votes than SC:
Iowa State 27
Georgia Tech 6

8-2 teams that have a pathetic schedule and received more votes than SC:
Boise State 6
Army 3
Short answer is we've beat 1 team that's relevant (we scored more than NCSU but they wore us out in all honesty) and many of our wins against bad teams (and the list is long) have been close. SEC East is as bad as I've ever seen it. So to be recognized, beat the taters and then beat Penn St in a bowl game and we crack Top 15. Lose to the taters and lose our bowl game and we may be the worst 8 win team in college football this year.

It appears it's time for your nightly laxative.

As far as the rankings, who cares? We're not competing for anything (well, 2nd in the East) and it won't help us in bowl selection, so there's really nothing to gain. Then again, if we win out we'll more than likely slide in at 25 or 24.
Just win...that's all the team needs to focus on.
Just to be clear, I really don't care whether we get ranked or not, except as a by-product of winning.

7-3 (5-3) 2nd in SEC East South Carolina winners of last 4 out of 5 receives 2 votes (good for 35 in country) 5-4 Georgia Tech received 6 votes

the 7-3 teams that are ranked in top 25 are Stanford, LSU (lost to troy at home) Michigan State, West Virginia, and NC State (Which has no good wins, and SC beat them)

Virginia Tech 110
Northwestern 72
Arizona 49

Iowa State 27
Georgia Tech 6

Boise State 6
Army 3
Win them
Never really cared for ranks. Unless youre in the Top 10 the rest is so subjective because comparison is difficult. We have 1 decent win this year, not a great win but a decent one. Our other 6 wins are over teams that are struggling for bowl eligibility. And non of those wins are terribly convincing except Arkansas. I'm pumped were 7-3 but it's been ugly.
Win the next three and that will change

I dont get it either

It's pretty simple really. We have a horrible loss to Kensucky. That should never, ever happen. Game, set, match. If not for that loss, we'd be in #teens. Nobody gives Kensucky any credit, and rightfully so.......so when you lose to them, the math adds up pretty quick.

There's a lot wrong with it. Penn State moving up 3 spots for beating Rutgers and passing UCF who continues to win but didn't move at all. South Florida dropping a spot for handily winning a game. Michigan State dropping 9 spots for getting crushed while TCU and Notre Dame only drop 3 and 6 respectively.

I think Northwestern deserves to be in the top 25 with wins against Michigan State and Iowa. They also beat Nebraska on the road. They two defeats they have in conference is against Wisconsin and Penn State which are very good teams.
Didn’t Duke beat the hell out’ve em?

Virginia Tech 110
Northwestern 72
Arizona 49

Iowa State 27
Georgia Tech 6

Boise State 6
Army 3

We don't deserve to be ranked; other than NC State we haven't beaten any decent teams. I want to be unranked until we beat Clemson.

Struggling to beat bad teams (Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida, Louisiana Tech -- and three of those at home) is not a formula for respect. Our best win is over the No. 25 team in the season opener. While I'm happy with the progress, I can understand why AP voters aren't overwhelmed.
This. Our Offense is ranked 113th in the country.

Question though, when we go 9 - 3 with a win over CT, how high can they realistically put us? Would a win this week get us in? Because to go from unranked, I can't see them putting us any higher than 19 or so, even though we deserve better at that point.

I get the arguments about "it only matters where you finish" but the problem is you need somewhere to start from. And if we went 9-3 with a win over them, we could deserve to be higher than just where we started in the ranks at.

We don't pass the smell test for voters. I get that, on paper, a 7-3 SEC team should be ranked. But, at the end of the day, we haven't demonstrated that we're one of the 25 best teams in America. I thought we had a chance to get ranked this week if we'd beaten the Gators 35-13 or something similar. We needed to create some separation between us and the rest of the SEC East also-rans. Heck, even Mizzou is stomping Florida and Tennessee at this point in the season. But, once again, we failed to look like a top-25 team.

Question though, when we go 9 - 3 with a win over CT, how high can they realistically put us? Would a win this week get us in? Because to go from unranked, I can't see them putting us any higher than 19 or so, even though we deserve better at that point.
If we finish 9-3 with a win over Clemson, I'll be so freaking delirious, I won't care about our ranking or lack thereof.

Didn’t Duke beat the hell out’ve em?
Yes this is true. Duke did beat Nortwestern by 24 points in the second full week of the college football season. Northwestern has improved and currently hold a five game winning streak. Duke started their season with a four and zero record but since then has lost six straight games.

Closest thing to a quality win is against N.C.State. Tennessee has now lost its most refent game against ebery team in the conference and beating Florida and Missou was mo help.
I think you need to move your keyboard about 1/2 inch to the left. Or maybe the right.

We needed to create some separation between us and the rest of the SEC East also-rans. Heck, even Mizzou is stomping Florida and Tennessee at this point in the season. But, once again, we failed to look like a top-25 team.
You accomplish this with W's. Margin of victory is irrelevant.

There is no advantage to us being ranked heading into Clemson. If they beat another ranked team it helps their case to make the playoff - despite a ridiculous loss. If we beat them as an unranked team, it helps bolster the case that they shouldn't be in the playoff - even if they

There is no justification for not having the Gamecocks ranked it is complete BS, they always disrespect our school and I'm sick of it. If Florida or Tennessee had our same schedule and was 7-3 (5-3) 2nd in east they would be top 15.

well you were tied with BC 7-7 entering the 4th when saint dabo scored twice in the last 2:50 to make the score look wider than the game was including scoring with :52 seconds left up 27-7. We can always count on dabo and clemson to be classless.

vs FSU you were up 17-14 and scored twice in the last 3 minutes including again scoring with :35 seconds left up by 10, always classy with dabo and his sheep humping lovers.
So scoring a lot in the 4th quarter doesn't count if the game is reasonably close (or tied) at the start of the 4th. Clemson is basically the same team as BC and FSU. Oh, and scoring in the 4th quarter is unclassy. Clemson should score classy points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Do I have it figured out now?

So scoring a lot in the 4th quarter doesn't count if the game is reasonably close (or tied) at the start of the 4th. Clemson is basically the same team as BC and FSU. Oh, and scoring in the 4th quarter is unclassy. Clemson should score classy points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Clemson couldn't beat cuse they don't deserve to be in the top 4

Last edited:

No you do not, it's scoring with less than a minute to go with double digit leads to inflate the score for clueless voters that only look at the final score and/or dabo lovers that believe his BS. Both are equally clueless and obnoxious!

Reactions: rogue cock
No you do not, it's scoring with less than a minute to go with double digit leads to inflate the score for clueless voters that only look at the final score and/or dabo lovers that believe his BS. Both are equally clueless and obnoxious!

So running draw plays late in a game with a lead is no longer acceptable?

Yes this is true. Duke did beat Nortwestern by 24 points in the second full week of the college football season. Northwestern has improved and currently hold a five game winning streak. Duke started their season with a four and zero record but since then has lost six straight games.
Duke has lost and NW has won because both schools have gotten into the depth of conference play. The B10 has not only lost in the last two playoff’s, they couldn’t even score. It’s bowl record last year was 3-7. The ACC has two NC’s in recent years and had the best bowl record of all power 5’s last year. The B10 gets the benefit of bias polls to start the year and as they beat up on each other it appears to be the clash of Titans. But it’s a ruse. I’m sorry I just have to respectfully disagree that NW deserves a ranking.

Voters? What voters are you concerned about? I’m more concerned that you don’t actually know how the system works for the past 3 years.

So running draw plays late in a game with a lead is no longer acceptable?

Draw plays..too funny. Yep you were running the "draw" from the 10 yard line with less than a minute to go...just admit dabo is classless but that's okay with clemson fans, it's a great fit.

TD 0:52 Up 27-7
Travis Etienne 10 Yd Run (Alex Spence Kick)
4 plays, 41 yards, 1:30
7 34

TD 0:35 Up 24-14
Adam Choice 10 Yd Run (Alex Spence Kick)
3 plays, 28 yards, 1:38

Voters? What voters are you concerned about? I’m more concerned that you don’t actually know how the system works for the past 3 years.

you do understand the uninformed AP voters actually vote hence the AP poll rankings don't you? You do know there is a committee that votes don't you?

You being on our board to pump up clemron is the definition of insecure. Your coach is the most insecure person in football.

No desperation on my part, just facts. Why are you here What do you care what we think of you?

temember when your team quit on dabo and we're getting beat so bad your own players were asking the other team to stop scoring? Remember that game? Need a link?

Remember when y'all are down three scores to us with 4 minutes to play and dabo punted on 4th down to keep us from scoring again? He gave up. Remember that game? Need a link?

Dabo is about dabo.
Oh my gosh! I DO remember those events! It was pretty awful.

Do you remember all the stuff that’s happened between then and now? I also have links.

you do understand the uninformed AP voters actually vote hence the AP poll rankings don't you? You do know there is a committee that votes don't you?
You do nunderstand that AP voters and their votes are 100% meaningless and irrelevant now, right? No, actually, that’s not correct. I guess they’re relevant if you go far enough down the list. I’m curious whether you believe the 12 members of the playoff committee don’t watch games and just look at final scores. “Oh, look, Clemson beat FSU 31-14, must have been a boring game! Nothing to debate here!”

Draw plays..too funny. Yep you were running the "draw" from the 10 yard line with less than a minute to go...just admit dabo is classless but that's okay with clemson fans, it's a great fit.

TD 0:52 Up 27-7
Travis Etienne 10 Yd Run (Alex Spence Kick)
4 plays, 41 yards, 1:30
7 34

TD 0:35 Up 24-14
Adam Choice 10 Yd Run (Alex Spence Kick)
3 plays, 28 yards, 1:38

They were simple run plays not sure what to tell you.

Were you also this upset when you guys were running draw plays at the end of the Missouri and Arkansas games with a huge lead instead of taking a knee?

They was talking about this on the radio yesterday..I haven’t check to make sure,but they said we only scored 5 more points than we gave up.not very top 25 ish in my book..to be honest we are lucky to have the record that we got with the offense we got from what I’ve seen..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT