ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations ACC refs you won a close one

Your orange glasses have gotten tiresome. Was it you that gave FGF the old "I went to both schools (tater undergrad/SC graduate school) in some manner and you're a tater first but pull for the G'cocks?" If it wasn't you, I apologize. If it was, then maybe you should hang out on taternet more than you do here cause you only post negative stuff about SC, then usually end it with some BS like "go cocks."

Actually, HUGE difference in having the ball at the 1 with over around 4.5 minutes to go vs a ref (and dumbass replay official) giving the ball to the taters at the 25 so they could run it down to 1 minute before tamu got the ball back. Lets say tamu has ball at 1 and scores but misses 2 point conversion with 4 minutes left.....they wouldn't even have to attempt the onside kick. But if they went ahead and attempted the onside with 4 minutes left, missed getting it, there was still time for a stop and another chance at a winning FG drive. NO guarantee it would happen, but you tell me who gained the BIG advantage by the call going tater way and allowing them to run the clock down to a minute. Your post otherwise acting like well TAMU scored anyway and missed the 2 pt conversion so what's the big deal is comical. Did you ever actually play a sport?

A monkey could see in fast and slow motion that ball flew out of bounds and did not break the plain of the goal/pylon. But hey, the refs had nothing to do with it.

I will agree with you on this.....I said after watching TAMU that they seized the moment, and we pooped the bed. I think from what I saw yesterday, that TAMU and UK are currently better than us. UT and FL can beat us, and Vandy may even. I hope I'm proven wrong cause the thought of losing to UK again is stomach churning. But we can also put this one behind us and make long strides. UGA is just better than us right now, so the shock has worn off quickly for me.

Based on the pylon cam, the ball appeared to go over the pylon. If the ball goes over the pylon in the players hands it a TD. It was a tough call and had the refs called it out of bounds, it would have not been overturned either. Either way, if you are going to beat a top 5 team at home in a loud atmosphere, you don't leave it up to the refs with a controversial call. If TAMU hits 1 of the 3 easy FG, this would have been a non issue. If CU doesn't fumble the snap at the goal line at the end of the half, it is a non issue. Refs didn't win it. A&M had plenty of opportunities to win, but just could cash in.

If that were true, no one would ever successfully complete any task in which reversals were suffered earlier in the process.
You cant go back and start all over from the bad call. You cant work through it as I think you are saying. Not the same as making a correctable mistake.

If that were true, no one would ever successfully complete any task in which reversals were suffered earlier in the process.
You cant go back and start all over and rework things from that bad call. Damages that cant be cant be changed were done. I think you are speaking from a business stand point and I would agree with that but this is entirely different.

You cant go back and start all over and rework things from that bad call. Damages that cant be cant be changed were done. I think you are speaking from a business stand point and I would agree with that but this is entirely different.
No, it isn't. All human endeavors are the same in that respect. And it could be credibly argued that A&M's chances would have been enhanced by taking the game into overtime with the momentum and the home crowd behind them than scoring with a couple of minutes to go and UPC only needing a field goal to win. It isn't as if UPC hadn't done it before.

Replay officials were SEC
There was not a good enough angle on any replays to overturn it but they were all better than the angle the Tater ref used to call it the way he wanted it to be, i.e. there was no view that looked like it went through the end zone from anywhere in the stadium!

Or Clemson could have scored too, OR Clemson could have just run out the clock and gone into overtime. Who knows? There are a lot of uncertainties. The only thing that matters here is this : Aggies had their chance, and they did not capitalize on it. Outside of that, it’s all speculation.
If Clemson couldn't run out the clock with an 8 point lead why would they be able to run it out with a 2 point lead or with a tie score?

Reactions: roosterbell
What seems to be lost here in the debate is that if the TAMU player takes care of business and keeps possession then we have a totally different outcome.
So not all the fault should lie with the officials. And if your going to be honest with yourself no matter how times you review that play, one can not with full certainty say there is enough evidence to overturn that call.
That's just how it goes

If Clemson couldn't run out the clock with an 8 point lead why would they be able to run it out with a 2 point lead or with a tie score?
I work in a funeral home part- time. In all the time I've been employed, we have yet to exhume a corpse just to change its clothes.

paladin181Active Member
New

Clemson won and it’s ACC...ONE, and SEC...Nothing. Better luck at the end of the year.
Louisville and Miami aren't in the ACC anymore?

Paladin...You’re missing my point. For years...The mental midgets in this forum have been claiming that only the end of the year counts...unless Clemson is playing an SEC team. It doesn’t matter that Louisville and Miami lost to SEC teams.

You’ve missed my point. I’m saying they could have possibly. What I’m communicating is that anything could have happened and there were no guarantees even if A&M was given that touchdown that was taken away.

Heath and Tommy with their great expertise, said that there was no way to overturn it cause you just couldn't tell from any replays. Looked to me from the side camera that the ball went out on the 2.

You guys do an awful lot to make yourselves feel better about our run:

Strength of Schedule

2015: CU #4
2015: SC #41

2016: CU #3
2016: SC #59

2017: CU #4
2017: SC #48

You’re scewing the numbers dude. Let’s calculate the SOS in regular season alone.

If you watch the video of the touchback call, the official closest to the ball was just off the sideline at about the goal line. He dropped a bean bag on the sideline just short of the pylon indicating where he thought the ball went out of bounds, but he was apparently overruled by another official

Reactions: pettyw
Clemson won and it’s ACC...ONE, and SEC...Nothing. Better luck at the end of the year.

So the A she she power and #1 team plays the number 5 team in the SEC West, and the 7th to 9th best team overall in the SEC to a two point win. The game had a very questionable call at the end. And you are bragging about conference head to head records? Got it

Based on the pylon cam, the ball appeared to go over the pylon. If the ball goes over the pylon in the players hands it a TD. It was a tough call and had the refs called it out of bounds, it would have not been overturned either. Either way, if you are going to beat a top 5 team at home in a loud atmosphere, you don't leave it up to the refs with a controversial call. If TAMU hits 1 of the 3 easy FG, this would have been a non issue. If CU doesn't fumble the snap at the goal line at the end of the half, it is a non issue. Refs didn't win it. A&M had plenty of opportunities to win, but just could cash in.

Nice post. You are correct. Likely, if it had been called the other way, it would not have been over turned either. And yes, refs didn't lose the game for TAMU. I was just responding to a poster who acted like "well TAMU scored and missed the two point conversion so it evened out in the end." There was a big difference in time on the clock at the goal line fumble and the time TAMU got the ball back and scored.

I hate to say it, but the taters are likely one of the top 4 teams again. We just have to live with it so I hope they stumble somewhere along the line cause I know we aren't going to beat them at their place this year.

You’re scewing the numbers dude. Let’s calculate the SOS in regular season alone.

Ugh! I answered this already. The site allows you to do that. You can take away both school's bowls/playoffs. Here are the numbers:

2015: CU #15
2015: SC #44

2016: CU #7
2016: SC #65

2017: CU #5
2017: SC #52

It really shouldn't be all that surprising. Outside of your fan base, it is generally recognized that the SEC East has been one of the weakest divisions in CFB and the ACC Atlantic one of the strongest the last few years. .

Now, in fairness, I do expect that to change this year. FSU and Louisville have both taken a dip. In the SEC East, UGA and...um, uh...UGA have gotten stronger. Still, during our playoff run, its pretty clear our schedule was much tougher than yours and we obviously had more success despite all the "A She She" talk over here.

So the A she she power and #1 team plays the number 5 team in the SEC West, and the 7th to 9th best team overall in the SEC to a two point win. The game had a very questionable call at the end. And you are bragging about conference head to head records? Got it

Yes...Because that’s what the A#*hole babies in this forum say every year. Doesn’t matter that the SEC teams for the most part...DOMINATE the ACC. If one played one, two played two...and so on, the SEC would wipe the floor with them on a consistent basis. It just doesn’t matter.

Yes...Because that’s what the A#*hole babies in this forum say every year. Doesn’t matter that the SEC teams for the most part...DOMINATE the ACC. If one played one, two played two...and so on, the SEC would wipe the floor with them on a consistent basis. It just doesn’t matter.

Every year the ACC Atlantic is matched up with the SEC East during rivalry week. The ACC Atlantic is 13-3 in the playoff era. i would call that dominance.

Reactions: FJRTiger
Yeah I wouldn’t think acc schedule could rank you that high by itself
If I recall the season was ranked 15th. They played Auburn ranked pretty high, Louisville, VT, NCSt, and Cocks were all ranked teams at time of playing. Then they had Miami 6th and Bama 4th. So it was definitely a tougher season last year.

Just watched the replay of the game and A&M definitely got robbed on that call. But I also recall a non called push off in the first half that basically gave the taters another touchdown. Clemson is good but they didn't earn the win last night. But you expect this crap any time they play.
That push off was huge. I couldn’t believe it wasn’t called.

If I recall the season was ranked 15th. They played Auburn ranked pretty high, Louisville, VT, NCSt, and Cocks were all ranked teams at time of playing. Then they had Miami 6th and Bama 4th. So it was definitely a tougher season last year.
? Which cocks? We were ranked this week for the first time since 2014.

I wish they would complain about how easy our schedule was as long as we were winning. Let Pickens be Pickens and let’s worry about our own team. Who cares if they played Wofford every week, they have still flattened us the last two years and went to CFP, beating Bama in one of those. Them having a easier/rougher schedule than us doesn’t make us better.

What seems to be lost here in the debate is that if the TAMU player takes care of business and keeps possession then we have a totally different outcome.
So not all the fault should lie with the officials. And if your going to be honest with yourself no matter how times you review that play, one can not with full certainty say there is enough evidence to overturn that call.
That's just how it goes
Correct and there also was not any evidence to make that call in the first place. The ref saw only what he wanted to see.

Your orange glasses have gotten tiresome. Was it you that gave FGF the old "I went to both schools (tater undergrad/SC graduate school) in some manner and you're a tater first but pull for the G'cocks?" If it wasn't you, I apologize. If it was, then maybe you should hang out on taternet more than you do here cause you only post negative stuff about SC, then usually end it with some BS like "go cocks."

Actually, HUGE difference in having the ball at the 1 with over around 4.5 minutes to go vs a ref (and dumbass replay official) giving the ball to the taters at the 25 so they could run it down to 1 minute before tamu got the ball back. Lets say tamu has ball at 1 and scores but misses 2 point conversion with 4 minutes left.....they wouldn't even have to attempt the onside kick. But if they went ahead and attempted the onside with 4 minutes left, missed getting it, there was still time for a stop and another chance at a winning FG drive. NO guarantee it would happen, but you tell me who gained the BIG advantage by the call going tater way and allowing them to run the clock down to a minute. Your post otherwise acting like well TAMU scored anyway and missed the 2 pt conversion so what's the big deal is comical. Did you ever actually play a sport?

A monkey could see in fast and slow motion that ball flew out of bounds and did not break the plain of the goal/pylon. But hey, the refs had nothing to do with it.

I will agree with you on this.....I said after watching TAMU that they seized the moment, and we pooped the bed. I think from what I saw yesterday, that TAMU and UK are currently better than us. UT and FL can beat us, and Vandy may even. I hope I'm proven wrong cause the thought of losing to UK again is stomach churning. But we can also put this one behind us and make long strides. UGA is just better than us right now, so the shock has worn off quickly for me.
First, yes I attended both schools. Second, tell me where I ever say or call out Tater-esk statements. So I speak with common sense and not Kool-aid inflated dreams. Because I don't think our defense is good enough to beat UGA, you don't want to hear that which ended up being true?

Next, your timeline of the tater game is off by more than two minutes. The 2pt conversation was intercepted. That whole scenario would likely be a loss 99% of the time even if the receiver didn't fumble the ball, but he did! Don't matter who is playing.

Lastly, please tell me what I say that is negative about Gamecocks? Nothing I have said wasn't the truth! If you can't handle the truth then just voice your opinion and don't call out educated posters!

That’s my point The sec is tougher week end and week out. Cocks, Auburn, Bama helped your strength greatly.

That’s my point The sec is tougher week end and week out. Cocks, Auburn, Bama helped your strength greatly.

If you're really trying to argue that your team "helped" our strength of schedule during our playoff run, I don't know what to tell you. I'll give you Auburn and Alabama.

Your comment discounts the fact that the division that supplies almost all of your conference games has been very weak and your non-conference games (other than us) are also very weak yielding a weak schedule reflected in the SOS numbers.

It's really ironic that you guys are constantly saying that our schedule only includes a couple of tough games with a bunch of cupcakes when the numbers show that for the past few years during our run, it is YOUR schedule that more fits that description.

If you're really trying to argue that your team "helped" our strength of schedule during our playoff run, I don't know what to tell you. I'll give you Auburn and Alabama.

Your comment discounts the fact that the division that supplies almost all of your conference games has been very weak and your non-conference games (other than us) are also very weak yielding a weak schedule reflected in the SOS numbers.

It's really ironic that you guys are constantly saying that our schedule only includes a couple of tough games with a bunch of cupcakes when the numbers show that for the past few years during our run, it is YOUR schedule that more fits that description.

And yet every team you play in the sec besides us gives u fits Play 7 or more sec teams and at least 5 games would be touchdown or less games I promise.

And yet every team you play in the sec besides us gives u fits Play 7 or more sec teams and at least 5 games would be touchdown or less games I promise.

You were just trying to argue that your team helped our strength of schedule and now it's "other than us". LOL. Look, 2 of our 3 losses the last two years and most of our scares (NC St, Louisville, FSU, etc.) have come against ACC teams. The division we play in has been top 2 or 3 the last several years. We're 8-2 against the SEC the last 10 games (2 losses being to Bama). Give it up man. Nothing supports this argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: tkay70
Correct and there also was not any evidence to make that call in the first place. The ref saw only what he wanted to see.

NO EVIDENCE. The ball was knocked out of bounds, so a call is going to be made.

The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean that nothing should be called.

NO EVIDENCE. The ball was knocked out of bounds, so a call is going to be made.

The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean that nothing should be called.
I know it was a fumble Capt. Obvious. I'm saying there was no evidence supporting the call that the ball went through the end zone. .

I know it was a fumble Capt. Obvious. I'm saying there was no evidence supporting the call that the ball went through the end zone. .

Now that's funny, 1st you state no evidence to make the call, yet a call is made, then of course resorting to the tried and true method of higher thinking, start flinging personal insults, and finally the perfect irony.
If there was no evidence to support the call going through the end zone then the call would have been overturned after review.
And let us not dismiss the conspiracy as you are suggesting of the officiating crew to have a predetermined outcome. "The ref saw only what he wanted to see". Classic
This has been mildly entertaining, but for now Good Day sir.

IMO this was the biggest obvious miss call by the refs. It flipped the field in one play and set up clemson's third TD late in the 3rd quarter.

Now that's funny, 1st you state no evidence to make the call, yet a call is made, then of course resorting to the tried and true method of higher thinking, start flinging personal insults, and finally the perfect irony.
If there was no evidence to support the call going through the end zone then the call would have been overturned after review.
And let us not dismiss the conspiracy as you are suggesting of the officiating crew to have a predetermined outcome. "The ref saw only what he wanted to see". Classic
This has been mildly entertaining, but for now Good Day sir.
I didn't change anything from my OP. You misread it. The ref who called it made the call in Clemson's favor with no evidence to support it but there was also insufficient evidence to overturn it. If the call had been out of bounds at the half yard line it also would not have been overturned. Did you see the ball go through the end zone? No.
Nobody saw it go through end zone.

You were just trying to argue that your team helped our strength of schedule and now it's "other than us". LOL. Look, 2 of our 3 losses the last two years and most of our scares (NC St, Louisville, FSU, etc.) have come against ACC teams. The division we play in has been top 2 or 3 the last several years. We're 8-2 against the SEC the last 10 games (2 losses being to Bama). Give it up man. Nothing supports this argument.

Yeah I would like to know our record vs acc last 10 yrs and your record against sec. prolly similar but we have had some really bad seasons in there too. We have not been at the top of the conference yet you guys have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT