ADVERTISEMENT

Connor Mitch arrived when?

umdterpcock

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2003
January 2013?

Why is he not ready? He was a 4 star recruit!

We won't win with bad qb play, nobody does, including Steve Spurrier.

It's a damn shame that we don't have a qb ready right now. Yeah I hear ya sunshine pumpers! I know "the man" says it's not game day he doesn't have to name one BUT the kid has been here almost 3 solid years and he's not ready!

Who's fault is that?

January 2013?

It's a damn shame that we don't have a qb ready right now. Yeah I hear ya sunshine pumpers! I know "the man" says it's not game day he doesn't have to name one BUT the kid has been here almost 3 solid years and he's not ready!

Who's fault is that?
Who said he's not ready ???? You guys kill me. The mind games Spurrier plays on these guys is effecting you. The people that have reported the progress of the QB's not named Steve Spurrier, have clearly said that in their opinion Mitch was better than the others. I would think Spurrier will keep it that way until kickoff for the sake of forcing each one to 'keep the pedal to the metal' so to speak. It's what Spurrier has always done.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Awww, shoot that thing. One of us needs some relief!

images

Reactions: gpcocks
Who said he's not ready ???? You guys kill me. The mind games Spurrier plays on these guys is effecting you. The people that have reported the progress of the QB's not named Steve Spurrier, have clearly said that in their opinion Mitch was better than the others. I would think Spurrier will keep it that way until kickoff for the sake of forcing each one to 'keep the pedal to the metal' so to speak. It's what Spurrier has always done.
Are Spurriers mind games necessary for every qb we have?

Every player is unique and they aren't all motivated the same way.

Love coach Spurrier and hope he stays a lot longer, he's a great head coach, he's the best play caller in the game, he's an offensive genius, but I don't think he's perfect and could handle qbs a little better.

Connor Mitch should be the clear cut favorite. The competition between him and a 2 star and a former walkon shouldn't even be close, in my opinion.

January 2013?

Who's fault is that?

Not everyone can be Connor Shaw... Connor Shaw had a slow start until he was forced into action when SG was kicked off the team...

These same mind games can also affect the qb's in a negative way. If Spurrier keeps them guessing who the starter will be, at some point it may start putting doubt in the minds that any of them are capable of running Spurrier's offense.

Connor Mitch has to be thinking that, "Hey, I've been here for two years now and he hasn't named me the started yet over a former walk-on, a 4 star true freshman, and a 2 star true freshman, then I guess he's still not sure I can do it". "If Spurrier is not sure I can do it, then neither am I".

I say Spurrier needs to name one and go with it, give him most of the rep's this week, build his confidence up, and see how he does against UNC. If he doesn't play well, then you look at putting someone else in. But what do I know, I'm just an armchair coach.

These same mind games can also affect the qb's in a negative way. If Spurrier keeps them guessing who the starter will be, at some point it may start putting doubt in the minds that any of them are capable of running Spurrier's offense.

Connor Mitch has to be thinking that, "Hey, I've been here for two years now and he hasn't named me the started yet over a former walk-on, a 4 star true freshman, and a 2 star true freshman, then I guess he's still not sure I can do it". "If Spurrier is not sure I can do it, then neither am I".

I say Spurrier needs to name one and go with it, give him most of the rep's this week, build his confidence up, and see how he does against UNC. If he doesn't play well, then you look at putting someone else in. But what do I know, I'm just an armchair coach.
We are still over a week out. No need for the doom and gloom. And to a further note, just because we (fans, media, opponents) don't know who will be the starter I'm fairly confident that Coach Spurrier, the qbs, and the team, knows who will be under center, and probably have for a little while now.

If you have wanted something your entire life and it's within your grasp....but it is also in the grasp of a couple of others.....you turn it up a notch. If you can't do that then you need to sit on the bench anyway. It does work across the board. The best thing a team can have is competition across the board. It makes everyone better because they have to be....the illusion is just as effective as reality...

Well, there's TWO of you who know better than the HBC ... you and the OP.

Man, when you DO manage to 'say something nice' it rings hollow, like Clara complimenting Aunt Bea's pickles ... a cursory 'very nice' followed by a quick litany of "maybe if you used firmer cucumbers, a richer brine, more dill, fresher spices ... " - it's not a good 'act'.

This cocktail party's like all of 'em ... 'regulars' that never miss one, managing to show up every time even with that same old bursitis.

Reactions: gpcocks
I thought competition was good. I thought it made everyone better. Lack of competition makes one complacent. Glad these guys are pushing one another.

First of all, you are all entitled to your opinion, but unless you're in the locker room, or helping on the field, please don't act as if you have first hand knowledge of our team. It's been stated on here before that SOS has told his players to not listen to what he tells the press. So, unless you're the QB coach, why don't we wait until the season starts before you decide whether or not to throw CM under the bus. Obviously, some of you can't wait to.

Nobody will know if Mitch is ready until we see him play. Whole lot of STUPID in this thread.

Reactions: Tigerof66
I think Connor Mitch will do great. I really hate posters calling out college students on message boards; they are not paid professionals.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I think Connor Mitch will do great. I really hate posters calling out college students on message boards; they are not paid professionals.
This is the SEC big time college sports it comes with the territory. But I understand what you are saying.

Well, there's TWO of you who know better than the HBC ... you and the OP.

Man, when you DO manage to 'say something nice' it rings hollow, like Clara complimenting Aunt Bea's pickles ... a cursory 'very nice' followed by a quick litany of "maybe if you used firmer cucumbers, a richer brine, more dill, fresher spices ... " - it's not a good 'act'.

This cocktail party's like all of 'em ... 'regulars' that never miss one, managing to show up every time even with that same old bursitis.
You get a like for the Andy Griffith reference. Yea, Clara was a tad arrogant about those pickles and blue ribbons.

Sorry, but if the guy can't get it after 3 years in the system, move on. Will not know if Spur is sandbagging till just before the game. Modus operandi. Seems like our fanbase would get it after 10 frickin years. Geez.

Reactions: NCGamcockFan2167
SOS is a sly old fox. He's going to come out running the wishbone with P. Cooper in the middle. Totally surprises UNC, and the Cocks gash the flat-footed Tarheels for 500 yards rushing. Next week, Mitch is in the shotgun running the fun-n-gun lighting up the Cats with 6 TD passes. Then...UGA has no idea what to prepare for. Haha! Let the year of the Cocks begin.

SOS is a sly old fox. He's going to come out running the wishbone with P. Cooper in the middle. Totally surprises UNC, and the Cocks gash the flat-footed Tarheels for 500 yards rushing. Next week, Mitch is in the shotgun running the fun-n-gun lighting up the Cats with 6 TD passes. Then...UGA has no idea what to prepare for. Haha! Let the year of the Cocks begin.
I like this

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT