ADVERTISEMENT

Cristobal to get $9M a year at the U

Good for him...maybe if Miami can be relevant again, it will bode well for the ACC...Miami as of now just looks like another private school drain on the ACC...Boy, did John Swofford make errors when deciding who to invite into the ACC...

Reactions: rogue cock
They need to pay players and also have a stadium closer to campus. I think having to play way up in the Dolphins stadium hurts them.

RIcht resigned on his own accord.
Not really. They gave him the courtesy of resigning to keep from firing him

UM keeps relying on the demands of former players to hire HBC’s with connections to the glory days.

They’ll never return to the glory days unless they go back to the formula that made them successful. Since the Admin has decided they’ll never go back to the thug days, their fate is sealed unless they can once again crank up booster money to try filling the gap

Hard to believe Cristobal would stab Diaz in the back. Karma is unforgiving

Not really. They gave him the courtesy of resigning to keep from firing him

UM keeps relying on the demands of former players to hire HBC’s with connections to the glory days.

They’ll never return to the glory days unless they go back to the formula that made them successful. Since the Admin has decided they’ll never go back to the thug days, their fate is sealed.

Hard to believe Cristobal would stab Diaz in the back. Karma is unforgiving
Not to be adversarial, but your information is incorrect.
UM had suggested for Richt to hire an OC (due to underperforming offense ) and suggested he replace his son as QB coach.
2-3 days after this meeting, Richt then resigned. UM attempted to dissuade MR, but he informed them "It was time".
I can assure you there was no strong arm tactics to get Richt to step down.

Reactions: alexj1
I saw on the internet that it was 19,750 m.

😉

Last edited:
This seems crazy. How did schools completely skip trying to pay a coach $6M, $7M or $8M? It went from $5M to $9-10M overnight.

It’s now being reported that Diaz has been fired. His buyout is reported at between $7 and 8 million.

Must be nice for your school to be serious enough about football to open the wallet and hire a proven coach . In contrast, we hire a 1st time coach and make him the lowest paid in the SEC ! Lol

It’s insane to me that these schools are paying this kind of money to coaches who have never won anything. Saban has won 7 title and he’s not making much more than these guys.

Exactly. How does an AD get convinced so easily to pay more than the top coaches are getting? What reasoning could Tucker's and Cristobal's agents have possibly used?

Reactions: AltoonaSteve
Exactly. How does an AD get convinced so easily to pay more than the top coaches are getting? What reasoning could Tucker's and Cristobal's agents have possibly used?
Tucker’s case is particularly perplexing. He has 3 years as a head coach, 2 of which were losing seasons.

What's most unreal about this is that Miami's job isn't even technically open. They did Manny Diaz so dirty here.

Manny Diaz. Don't feel a bit of sympathy for the guy. Much like Muschamp, he was the wonder boy defensive coordinator who was the next great head coach. Until he wasn't. Also, this is the guy that took the Temple job for 18 days, then bolted in the middle of the night without even talking to his team for the Miami job. And he's getting a check for somewhere in the 8 million range to leave. So you know what my heart beats for poor ole Manny

Manny Diaz. Don't feel a bit of sympathy for the guy. Much like Muschamp, he was the wonder boy defensive coordinator who was the next great head coach. Until he wasn't. Also, this is the guy that took the Temple job for 18 days, then bolted in the middle of the night without even talking to his team for the Miami job. And he's getting a check for somewhere in the 8 million range to leave. So you know what my heart beats for poor ole Manny
Pure speculation here, but Manny seems to come from one of those families that you don’t want mad at you. Maybe that’s why the AD got out of there first. Btw, I wonder why that black SUV with tinted windows just rolled up in front of my house?

• Love
Reactions: LakewoodCock
Pure speculation here, but Manny seems to come from one of those families that you don’t want mad at you. Maybe that’s why the AD got out of there first. Btw, I wonder why that black SUV with tinted windows just rolled up in front of my house?
His dad was the former mayor of Miami.

Reactions: rogue cock
His dad was the former mayor of Miami.
I read an interview with Don Johnson a while back. He said he got invited to a party in Miami one time. The top 5 dope dealers in Miami were there, along with some of the top politicians, including the police chief. He said the craziest thing was that half of the U football team was there as well. It’s a political minefield.

I read an interview with Don Johnson a while back. He said he got invited to a party in Miami one time. The top 5 dope dealers in Miami were there, along with some of the top politicians, including the police chief. He said the craziest thing was that half of the U football team was there as well. It’s a political minefield.
Wow!

Inflation inflation inflation

Rich get richer.

All this covid money washing in to the economy had to go somewhere. Why do you think prices are so high? The money supply is gargantuan right now

Inflation inflation inflation

Rich get richer.

All this covid money washing in to the economy had to go somewhere. Why do you think prices are so high? The money supply is gargantuan right now
The great irony though is people around here flip their stuff about a single parent getting a couple of hundred dollars a month but see no issue with a business just being savvy enough to take hundreds of thousands if not millions in Covid dollars….

Reactions: johnc17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT