ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo still doesn't regret ranking OSU #11

Blowout, is what you call Clemson's butt whipping.
If Dabo would have kept his mouth shut, well, the taters got smacked. This is what happens when you are not using performance drugs. Love it. Reality is hell.

Reactions: german cock
I love that his comments make him sound more delusional. I mean come on , the only team Clemson played this year was Noter Same. Alabama went way vanilla on offense and still walked them. Let's give Dabo a come on man.

Reactions: 92Pony
he can’t take the comment back nor can he defend it. he has to let it run its course now...like it or not.....BUT he is the Dablo

Dabo-ranked-us-11th-in-the-coaches-poll-meme-9021.png

Think Dabo is as much of a media monger as the next guy, but he made his own vote public and stated only teams that had played 9 games would be in his top 10 and it was no slight on OSU, that they were a good team that could definitely beat cu, and he stood behind his statement! There are a lot coaches that don’t even make their own picks! In the era of ducking and running, I kind of admire that! Now it probably didn’t help getting an ass whooping, but he didn’t back off his statement!

Ryan Day doesn’t play. All business. That trip to the woodshed Datboy promised happened. He was just on the opposite end. Love it

Think Dabo is as much of a media monger as the next guy, but he made his own vote public and stated only teams that had played 9 games would be in his top 10 and it was no slight on OSU, that they were a good team that could definitely beat cu, and he stood behind his statement! There are a lot coaches that don’t even make their own picks! In the era of ducking and running, I kind of admire that! Now it probably didn’t help getting an ass whooping, but he didn’t back off his statement!
No need in backing off when the entire country saw him crap and fall back in it. I’m sure he would feel the same had Clemson played 6 games. Lol

He’s just so arrogant. He could have used the opportunity to save face and poke fun at himself, make light of it etc instead of acting insulted that the question was even asked. What a douche.

OSU was the more dominant team and may very well win it all. If you are a dominant team it doesn't matter if you play 1 game or 10. But I agree, I dont think they belong either. IMO, its not right fair to all other teams to have a possible 8-0 National Champion when everyone else has to play 13, 14 games, especially when the Big10 changed their own rules just to benifit OSU. There just needs to be some uniformity in CFP qualifications.

Maybe it should have been phrased as "getting boat raced", "having the dog walked on you" or "being on the other end of a can of whoop ass".

They didn't just lose. The got humiliated on national TV and yes, he should just admit he was wrong.

OSU was the more dominant team and may very well win it all. If you are a dominant team it doesn't matter if you play 1 game or 10. But I agree, I dont think they belong either. IMO, its not right fair to all other teams to have a possible 8-0 National Champion when everyone else has to play 13, 14 games, especially when the Big10 changed their own rules just to benifit OSU. There just needs to be some uniformity in CFP qualifications.

The quality of those wins count for something. Just because a team played 8 games doesn't mean they played 8 tough games. Clemson lost to #4 Notre Dame and played a very piss poor schedule for the most part. Ohio State may have played 6 games but it was a fairly decent schedule. The teams that deserve to be in the final game are there. I personally would have taken TA&M over Notre Dame.

The quality of those wins count for something. Just because a team played 8 games doesn't mean they played 8 tough games. Clemson lost to #4 Notre Dame and played a very piss poor schedule for the most part. Ohio State may have played 6 games but it was a fairly decent schedule. The teams that deserve to be in the final game are there. I personally would have taken TA&M over Notre Dame.
Really? They played one ranked opponent in the regular season and won by a TD. The Big 10 (+4) had to change their own rules to make it so OSU could play their second ranked team in their CCG.

Don't get me wrong. I'm STILL ecstatic over their beatdown of Clemson. But their was a lot of finagling to get them there. It just so happened to benefit us Gamecock fans. 😉

I think the title of this thread is wrong. Dabo DOES regret doing it. He just doesn't admit that he regrets it. JMHO

Let him keep talking. Let the rest of the country see him for what he is and what we have to put up with in SC.

They are. I have seen tweets from high profile people to Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins and several others asking them how they supported a racist plantation mentality coach like Dabo. I'm not saying Dabo necessarily deserves that rep but it's getting out there. He is against players getting paid and has said he'd quit if they did.

They are. I have seen tweets from high profile people to Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins and several others asking them how they supported a racist plantation mentality coach like Dabo. I'm not saying Dabo necessarily deserves that rep but it's getting out there. He is against players getting paid and has said he'd quit if they did.

It is a “racist plantation mentality” not to support college players being paid? I guess I need to see if I can find a local KKK chapter around here that I can join. ;) That fact that narrative even gets any traction is ridiculous, but that is the world we live in now. One place where Dabo and I likely agree is politics, though I don’t know for sure since coaches obviously stay as far away from that as possible.

Totally agree. What hurt aTm was getting boat raced by Bama. Still think they're a better team than ND.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Maybe the game was a testament to the fact that the colleges and pros play too many games. It seemed to help the Buckeyes that they’d only played 6 games - less film for the opponent to study, less time getting beat up on the field, etc. it would be in the players’ best health to limit it to maybe 10-11 games instead of 13, pros cut back to 14 (when they want to add one), NBA back to 60 (few players play more than that , anyway - some took a game off after the first 3 games this year).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT