ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo Swinney threatens to leave Clemson

I agree with his sentiments, but this is completely blown out of proportion. He isn't threatening to leave. He is A. pointing out some excessive expectations, and, most importantly B. trying to get a "Please, St. Dabo! Forgive Us! We will do whatever you say and offer you a fat contract extension. Just don't go!" reaction from the fanbase.

Reactions: NetworkX
I agree with his sentiments, but this is completely blown out of proportion. He isn't threatening to leave. He is A. pointing out some excessive expectations, and, most importantly B. trying to get a "Please, St. Dabo! Forgive Us! We will do whatever you say and offer you a fat contract extension. Just don't go!" reaction from the fanbase.
B worked like a charm.

It was just another staged rant.
Tigernet was involved again. I cant believe Dabo made a click bait headline on Taternet into a legit news story. Seems he was irritated David Hood wrote "When a win feels like a loss".
He just cant resist it to above something so meaningless. But again just like the old rant You have someone from Tigernet setting it up for him to respond to.

HE is the one who wasnt ok with a 14 point win and declined to run the clock out. What is ironic about that is it led to Bentley getting over 500 and Debo over 200 yards on the game on that last drive.

I thought the rule was the clock stops for a first down also. We get a first down with 4 seconds and it doesnt? Has there been any explanation?

Our recruiters need to make sure future players know he won’t be there if they don’t keep winning by more than 21!

Tigernet was involved again. I cant believe Dabo made a click bait headline on Taternet into a legit news story. Seems he was irritated David Hood wrote "When a win feels like a loss".
He just cant resist it to above something so meaningless. But again just like the old rant You have someone from Tigernet setting it up for him to respond to.

HE is the one who wasnt ok with a 14 point win and declined to run the clock out. What is ironic about that is it led to Bentley getting over 500 and Debo over 200 yards on the game on that last drive.

I thought the rule was the clock stops for a first down also. We get a first down with 4 seconds and it doesnt? Has there been any explanation?
I've always had an issue with everything gameday-related up there, but I gave the clock operator a pass on this one. First, while the play did result in a first down it was really close and I'm not sure the official signaled. Second, when the fans rushed the field, the best thing may have been just to end the game. Yeah, I know...rules are rules. I agree...usually.

He's feeling the same thing Spurrier felt when he left Florida. The fanbase had become jaded and nothing short of winning the NC was ever enough. It's happening the same way at UPC right now. It could turn into the wedge we've been looking for.
Back in the day, I kind of thought this was a problem for Clemson. Hatfield had no chance because he followed Danny Ford, but even following a 10 win season (in the days before 12 game schedules) he had little to no support among the following. Tommy West was a horrible hire, and Bowden had support for a while, but Clemson fans were miserable during 7-9 win seasons.

Dabo is incredibly insecure. Watch him and it is obvious. He needs constant affirmation and is a subtle genius in making everything about himself. To his credit he is incredibly successful at this and so it is hard to see unless you are looking for it, but the man has serious insecurity issues which leads him to act like he does.

He's feeling the same thing Spurrier felt when he left Florida. The fanbase had become jaded and nothing short of winning the NC was ever enough. It's happening the same way at UPC right now. It could turn into the wedge we've been looking for.

He created the problem. He has preached non stop that in order to build a successful program then you can never be satisfied.

Dabo's earned the right to make threats if need be. Their fans are being ridiculous, he needs to remind them that HE brought them to national prominence, not the other way around.

He's building an exit if he wants one. Now he's got the ammo and the perfect excuse if he decided to bolt to Alabama from a retiring Saban or wants another pet project with another team like Michigan.

He's building an exit if he wants one. Now he's got the ammo and the perfect excuse if he decided to bolt to Alabama from a retiring Saban or wants another pet project with another team like Michigan.
Kinda the way I see it. Maybe he and Saban have been talking. Maybe he knows something.

Reactions: vehemon
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...ticism-following-win-over-south-carolina/amp/

I haven’t had the chance to read this yet but I thought id post it..[/
If there is one thing the guy does well, its play the media and the Clemson fan base like a fiddle.
Actually he wins championships, recruits incredibly well, hires and develops assistants, keeps players in line, players graduate, doesn’t violate NCAA rules or pay players like you want to believe but offer no support or evidence. You may not like him, respect him, but give him his due. He is a motivator and could probably go to any program in the nation including the SEC elite schools.
And this comes from an Alabama alumnus.

It
The Bama pull is strong. If Bama asks Dabo to come home, he'll go. They gave him his first job.

It’s the rule of two,The master and the apprentice..We know who the master is..but he will never overthrow the master.

There's absolutely zero chance he would go. He would be the last man standing at that place.

Lightening struck to have the playoff system implemented and FSU to implode during his tenure.

He is walking (and talking) rabbit foot.

That's one reason SOS left UF, but the major one was that Jeremy Foley (AD at the time) didn't support him when he complained about very dirty play on the part of Darrell Dockett (I think that's his name) and other A-Noles who were twisting the ankles of Gator running backs and the QB after they were down. The film supported SOS completely, but Foley was trying to be diplomatic. Spurrier never cared about diplomacy.

That's one reason SOS left UF, but the major one was that Jeremy Foley (AD at the time) didn't support him when he complained about very dirty play on the part of Darrell Dockett (I think that's his name) and other A-Noles who were twisting the ankles of Gator running backs and the QB after they were down. The film supported SOS completely, but Foley was trying to be diplomatic. Spurrier never cared about diplomacy.
I only know what I heard him say more than one time about he expectations down there.

I'm not sure there was anyone complaining about the score unless it was someone who took Clemson -25. He may be making a deal out of it to take the heat off of him for insisting on that last TD....OR as other posters have suggested, to get a pay raise from the BOD. Personally, it would tickle the crap out of me if he did leave. I am so tired of seeing his inflated face.

Reactions: NetworkX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT