ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo, the genius!

I'd claim amnesia as well in those shoes
OK, I think you misunderstand me. My comment was the concussion issue will clear itself up exactly as soon as the ankle was good enough to play on. Meaning Dabo will play him ASAP. I'm really not getting your point.

OK, I think you misunderstand me. My comment was the concussion issue will clear itself up exactly as soon as the ankle was good enough to play on. Meaning Dabo will play him ASAP. I'm really not getting your point.
The kid was knocked totally unconscious and didn't move for a while. Side helmet impact on the temple. How that can not be a 3/4 week recovery, I don't know.

Y’all keep saying that. But I suspect Dabo will be at Clemson longer than Muschamp is in Columbia. And a lot of folks on this board will be still wishing he would go to Bama.
You really think CU is the dream job for Dabo??? Even after him recently being quoted to saying never say never when asked if he would go to Bama.

You make a claim with no proof in saying Dabo will outlast Muschamp in their jobs. please elaborate!!!

You really think CU is the dream job for Dabo??? Even after him recently being quoted to saying never say never when asked if he would go to Bama.

You make a claim with no proof in saying Dabo will outlast Muschamp in their jobs. please elaborate!!!
You’re asking for proof about what is going to happen in the future? Dabo has a national championship in his back pocket—I think most of the country is pretty certain he could survive the next three seasons without producing, and still be employed at Clemson. Do you think the same applies to Muschamp at USC? And who do you think is more likely to produce the next 3 seasons?

Nothing guaranteed, obviously, but even the most diehard USC fan probably wouldn’t put money on Muschamp outlasting Dabo at their current respective jobs. This is the part where you tell me that you would.

Reactions: galebreak
You’re asking for proof about what is going to happen in the future? Dabo has a national championship in his back pocket—I think most of the country is pretty certain he could survive the next three seasons without producing, and still be employed at Clemson. Do you think the same applies to Muschamp at USC? And who do you think is more likely to produce the next 3 seasons?

Nothing guaranteed, obviously, but even the most diehard USC fan probably wouldn’t put money on Muschamp outlasting Dabo at their current respective jobs. This is the part where you tell me that you would.

Yet your predicting the future though you acknowledge it cannot be truely known, which is my point.

Yes he does have a NT to add to his resume. But if you think Dabo will turn down if for some reason Bama comes calling or even another power program you are mistaken.

Yet your predicting the future though you acknowledge it cannot be truely known, which is my point.

Yes he does have a NT to add to his resume. But if you think Dabo will turn down if for some reason Bama comes calling or even another power program you are mistaken.
That wasn’t me. That was another poster. Do you never make guesses about any future events, due to the fact that it’s pointless because it can’t actually be known with 100% certainty? I’m pretty sure the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, but I better not say it, because...well, you know.

If you think Dabo would leave for any program not named “Alabama”, you’re not paying attention. What does another school have to offer that Clemson doesn’t currently? Money? He makes $6M. The chance to win a national championship? Even Bama is a coinflip at this point. Why would any coach want to follow Nick Saban, the winningest coach in history.

That wasn’t me. That was another poster. Do you never make guesses about any future events, due to the fact that it’s pointless because it can’t actually be known with 100% certainty? I’m pretty sure the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, but I better not say it, because...well, you know.

If you think Dabo would leave for any program not named “Alabama”, you’re not paying attention. What does another school have to offer that Clemson doesn’t currently? Money? He makes $6M. The chance to win a national championship? Even Bama is a coinflip at this point. Why would any coach want to follow Nick Saban, the winningest coach in history.

So you do acknowledge that cu is not the end all be all for Dabo. It is not is dream destination.

You must not pay attention. 6 mil to other powerhouse programs is a drop in the bucket. But I will agree with you on one thing, Dabo hasn't left yet. Mainly because of one simple reason, no one has pursued him. Which is strange.

Reactions: howard13
So you do acknowledge that cu is not the end all be all for Dabo. It is not is dream destination.

You must not pay attention. 6 mil to other powerhouse programs is a drop in the bucket. But I will agree with you on one thing, Dabo hasn't left yet. Mainly because of one simple reason, no one has pursued him. Which is strange.
It may well be his destination school. Oh, wait...are you predicting it isn’t? Do you have any proof? We can’t have predictions without proof, you know.

What coaches are paid more than Dabo? Saban and Harbaugh? Maybe Meyer? Texas isn’t paying Herman $6M. Why not? I mean, it’s just a drop in the bucket. And again, you’re displaying your ignorance of how the process works if you don’t think he’s been pursued simply because “you haven’t heard about it”. Tanner made every one of his targets publicly known, which very few ADs would do—I think Tanner knows why now, too, since every one of them bit him in the ass. Most of the time, it’s a phone call to an agent: “hey, any interest at all? No, none? Ok, thanks.” But you didn’t hear about it, so it must not have happened.

Reactions: galebreak
It may well be his destination school. Oh, wait...are you predicting it isn’t? Do you have any proof? We can’t have predictions without proof, you know.

What coaches are paid more than Dabo? Saban and Harbaugh? Maybe Meyer? Texas isn’t paying Herman $6M. Why not? I mean, it’s just a drop in the bucket. And again, you’re displaying your ignorance of how the process works if you don’t think he’s been pursued simply because “you haven’t heard about it”. Tanner made every one of his targets publicly known, which very few ADs would do—I think Tanner knows why now, too, since every one of them bit him in the ass. Most of the time, it’s a phone call to an agent: “hey, any interest at all? No, none? Ok, thanks.” But you didn’t hear about it, so it must not have happened.

It is a little strange that the talking heads never mention Dabo when ANY job comes open. JMOAIMBW

Reactions: howard13

Typical tiger fan. Not a prediction, he has been quoted to say he is interested. He was quoted just recently in saying literally, never say never when it comes to the Bama job. As far as who else may want him, I never hear his name on social media or television by analysts or anyone for that matter when a job opens. Love how y'all take things so personal. Hate to break it to you but if you think cu is the only school who can pay top dollar, then I hope you get a full refund from your most recent educational institution that you attended. All powerful yet here you are on a rivals free board defending your favorite school and acting like a jackass in the process.

I guess I'm the one that started this. I said I "suspect" that Dabo will last longer at Clemson than Muschamp will at Carolina. That is like an opinion. Those are expressed on this board all the time. Sorry if it created some anxiety for some as it apparently did. But Ken M. did a pretty good job of explaining why I and others might hold that opinion. We could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Reactions: FJRTiger
If Dabloo decides to end his career at Clem, they have him for another 10-12 years at least I would think. So I can understand people having that opinion. I think Muschamp is still here in 10 years also.

Typical tiger fan. Not a prediction, he has been quoted to say he is interested. He was quoted just recently in saying literally, never say never when it comes to the Bama job. As far as who else may want him, I never hear his name on social media or television by analysts or anyone for that matter when a job opens. Love how y'all take things so personal. Hate to break it to you but if you think cu is the only school who can pay top dollar, then I hope you get a full refund from your most recent educational institution that you attended. All powerful yet here you are on a rivals free board defending your favorite school and acting like a jackass in the process.
Sorry, where was the part where I was being a jackass? I missed it. If I was, I apologize.

I never said CU was the only school that could pay top dollar. They aren't. Far from it. But give me a valid reason why Dabo would go to ________. Make it LSU, or Texas, or Southern Cal, or Florida, or Notre Dame. Why? Because they'd pay him a million more than he's making now? Because he'd have to rebuild a team, and he'd have to do it outside of the recruiting footprint he's established in the Southeast? Because he'd have a better chance at winning that elusive national championship at one of those schools?

His statement regarding Alabama was "never say never", and he elaborated on it, if you cared to read the rest of the quote. He's happy where he is now, but who knows what happens at Clemson in 10 years. He might have an AD he doesn't like at all, and any number of other things that could change. Saying "I'll never leave" based on current circumstances, and then leaving then those circumstances change, makes you a liar. Say, like Lane Kiffin, or Roy Williams, or any others on a long list who made that claim.

Reactions: FJRTiger
Well...every time the UND job comes open (heck, even when it hasn't), Meyer's name is mentioned. Saban's name came up for the Texas job...more by fans than pundits...but it was still mentioned.
Mentioned by who? Pundits? Fans? Same difference. I haven't heard about Saban and Meyer getting actual offers. Does that mean no other school wants them? You guys are running in circles here. Realistically, how many of 127 schools wouldn't immediately trade the guy they have for the guy who won a national championship last year? 5 of them?

Mentioned by who? Pundits? Fans? Same difference. I haven't heard about Saban and Meyer getting actual offers. Does that mean no other school wants them? You guys are running in circles here. Realistically, how many of 127 schools wouldn't immediately trade the guy they have for the guy who won a national championship last year? 5 of them?
You said "mentioned", not me. Those were YOUR words I was responding to. Most actual offers the public doesn't hear about, but they do hear about names being mentioned. And, yes, every time there is a discussion about the UND HC position, you inevitably hear Urban Meyer's name mentioned by pundits, fans, etc. Saban is not a realistic possibility for almost any team and Texas may actually be the ONLY one that could afford him...so his name did come up. Other than NFL jobs, you probably won't hear it again...not because he isn't wanted, he is simply not affordable.

It had everything to do with his ankle. He could not evade the rush or run the ball at all. That's why he got sacked as much as he did before the concussion.

Sorry, where was the part where I was being a jackass? I missed it. If I was, I apologize.

I never said CU was the only school that could pay top dollar. They aren't. Far from it. But give me a valid reason why Dabo would go to ________. Make it LSU, or Texas, or Southern Cal, or Florida, or Notre Dame. Why? Because they'd pay him a million more than he's making now? Because he'd have to rebuild a team, and he'd have to do it outside of the recruiting footprint he's established in the Southeast? Because he'd have a better chance at winning that elusive national championship at one of those schools?

His statement regarding Alabama was "never say never", and he elaborated on it, if you cared to read the rest of the quote. He's happy where he is now, but who knows what happens at Clemson in 10 years. He might have an AD he doesn't like at all, and any number of other things that could change. Saying "I'll never leave" based on current circumstances, and then leaving then those circumstances change, makes you a liar. Say, like Lane Kiffin, or Roy Williams, or any others on a long list who made that claim.

Why would he (Dabo) go to one of those institutions you listed as an example. 1) can pay more if they wanted to. 2) deeper tradition and following 3) way ,and I mean way, more athletic funding and booster operations. 4) recruiting to those traditional powers would be able to sell themselves, no matter the recruiting area.

Do I like Dabo, that is an apparent NO. But these are my observations that are just about as unbiased as one can get. Just like for example: if Muschamp keeps on this trajectory of improvement and gets Carolina back in the national conversation and/or more, his stock will sky rocket. It will be up to the Athletic Dept. to determine how much they would want to pay to keep him. If a traditional power 5 powerhouse comes calling any coach in that position would be curious and/or interested.

What's funny about this is I remember Clemson fans jumping all over Spurrier for playing Shaw while he was hurt, especially in that Missouri win. Oh the hypocrisy of our orange color friends...
Obviously you haven't read all the same comments from Cocks towards Dabo. It's all about the timing. Which ever fanbase hates the current W-L stats then they start posting some of the most ignorant posts you can dream. If it sounds good for your fanhood then let's type it! Oh they are cheating, they play hurt players, they have drunk coaches, they have convicts, they have churches, they are dirty recruiters, they blah blah blah, etc! I like college football more than most but my fanhood won't drive me to make retarded uninformed posts just because they sound good, or bad for the rivals! Some posts are ridiculous, not saying that about your post, because the hypocrisy is dead on comment!

Starting a player that could hardly walk, but hey, he needed another win! Then got a concussion!
Anybody want to bet that Kelly starts in 2 weeks!
Thoughts!

The ONLY reason that Bryant was not put back on the field was because he was KTFO!!! Concussion or not Dabo would have put him back on the field as he doesn't give a shit about his players and ONLY cares about winning games! Bryant would have started this week if Clempsin had played and will start next week as well.

The ONLY reason that Bryant was not put back on the field was because he was KTFO!!! Concussion or not Dabo would have put him back on the field as he doesn't give a shit about his players and ONLY cares about winning games! Bryant would have started this week if Clempsin had played and will start next week as well.

Who cares? Bryant isn’t all that anyway. They have no downfield passing attack with him, and he has 4 TD passes all year! He is in there for his legs, and one of those is not 100%, I hope they play him in their next game, bet he tweaks that ankle again. He has a badly sprained ankle, that doesn’t usually heal in two weeks, and is prone to reinjury early on. We have all sprained ankles, when it’s bad enough we can hardly put weight on it than it takes awhile to fully heal.

I think if you're going to come on this board and bash our AD you need to provide a link or evidence to your claims.

I believe sCUm is the final destination for Dablo and he has tapped college football for all he will get.
When his time is over at CU he might land a job at Memphis, MTSU or a UAB type school, but no one's going to pay him the kind of money sCUm has.

A few more years at Clemson at his current salary and he won’t need any more money. I doubt he needs any more now. I get that most on this board don’t like Dabo and trash him all the time. And I realize the title of this thread has a high sarcasm meter, but would you like to see him at Clemson for a long time since he is such a lousy coach, or would you rather he leave quickly?

A few more years at Clemson at his current salary and he won’t need any more money. I doubt he needs any more now. I get that most on this board don’t like Dabo and trash him all the time. And I realize the title of this thread has a high sarcasm meter, but would you like to see him at Clemson for a long time since he is such a lousy coach, or would you rather he leave quickly?
Personally I really don't care who your coach is, and I don't care if your team keeps competing at a high level or not.
I want our coach to get our team back to competing at a high level and one day kicking your teams ass again...in multiple seasons.

[QUOTE="Bigger_Stronger_Faster, post: 3586046, member: 13780" I don't care if your team keeps competing at a high level or not.
.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, do you really feel that way? Wouldn’t you rather we be 0-12? Based on the opinion of this board, if we keep Dabo, it could happen.

Y’all keep saying that. But I suspect Dabo will be at Clemson longer than Muschamp is in Columbia. And a lot of folks on this board will be still wishing he would go to Bama.
Before this season is over, many Tillman fans might be ready for Swinney to pack his bags. His BS rhetoric works only as long as he wins. Too bad Taterland in all it's wisdom gave him that mega bucks contract.

Before this season is over, many Tillman fans might be ready for Swinney to pack his bags. His BS rhetoric works only as long as he wins. Too bad Taterland in all it's wisdom gave him that mega bucks contract.

You keep telling yourself that. One more win and he ties Danny Ford on the all time list for wins at Clemson and winning out would give him win #100 in 9 1/2 years which would be a winning percentage of .775. Nobody in their right mind is gonna try to fire a guy who has won almost 80% of his games with multiple conference titles and a NC on his resume. Not even the most out there crazy fringe fans would be that dumb. We are due a below average season and it may come this year if we dont play well down the stretch and some fans will be upset but Dabos seat wont even be room temp if that happens.

I would. I would.
I would. I would.
I would.

Still mad about getting beat by a quarterback with a broke leg. Heh heh.
Mad we lost the game regardless of who played QB.
There will be a day when that horseshoe falls out of his ass. The sad thing about it is we'll still you taters repeat the propaganda put out by the staff and local media to cover for him when he gets a player seriously injured.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT