ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo to the Raiders? Talk about a Clemson meltdown! (link)

What does Venebles and Elliott know that most may not? Even the Clemson President made a move to the U.

Reactions: cockofdawn
It's always been about a cult of personality with Dabo. What better place to ply that trade than the Raiders. Think about it. He does the Saban hop. Go pro, fail, take the Alabama job when it's open.

Ha, nah. For one. He just doesn’t have the makeup/personality of an NFL coach. For another, if they were considering him and he was considering them, he wouldn’t be on the sideline wearing Raiders gear.
Nah, disagree. I think Dabo is a prototypical NFL type head guy; I believe he’d do well in that environment.

If Dabo was to leave for the Raiders, they could probably pay him enough to make generations of his family financially secure forever.

You can understand the allure. Yes, the players are prima donnas in the NFL, but they are becoming the same at the high school and college level as well. Now you have to recruit high schools, recruit your own guys to stay, and recruit the portal. He already has made known his feelings about players getting paid and the portal. Both happened, and now he has to live in that world too. Wearing Raiders gear at a Raiders game is not proof of anything (HBC wears other team gear when visiting), but it's foolish to think he doesn't think about it.

Nah, disagree. I think Dabo is a prototypical NFL type head guy; I believe he’d do well in that environment.
Dabo is good at the college level because he's a great recruiter. He'd lose the ability to take advantage of his single biggest skillset.

Carrol had extensive NFL experience as an assistant before he became a head coach, after which he took the SoCal job and then later returned to the pros. He was already an NFL guy.
Yes but he's flakey and a cheerleader coach like Dabo.

Carrol had extensive NFL experience as an assistant before he became a head coach, after which he took the SoCal job and then later returned to the pros. He was already an NFL guy.
And left SoCal in a mess after a scandalous National championship.

Well, if folks who truly believe Dabo is only good with great assistants, then there is no better time to bolt than right now…

Other than perhaps the Cowboys, which team has underachieved more in the last 10 years than the Raiders. I'd love to see Dabo go there... but primarily because I'd have another reason to dislike the Raiders AND he would be irrelevant to UofSC when gone.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT