ADVERTISEMENT

Dang we lost a basketball player. Patrick quit.

Makes no sense..... Frank must have gotten on him hard one practice and hurt his feelings. Wish him well....

Could've been anything.

Might have decided he didn't like college. Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him. Maybe his heart wasn't truly in it.

Or maybe he's just dealing with life stress, wants to drop out, and decides to re-enroll later.

No sense in jumping to blame Frank.

Could've been anything.

Might have decided he didn't like college. Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him. Maybe his heart wasn't truly in it.

Or maybe he's just dealing with life stress, wants to drop out, and decides to re-enroll later.

Honestly, not sure anyone can get a legitimate feel for college the way things currently are. Who knows what happened...so many variables. We probably never find out. But strange considering how highly Frank set the ceiling for him.

Honestly, not sure anyone can get a legitimate feel for college the way things currently are. Who knows what happened...so many variables. We probably never find out. But strange considering how highly Frank set the ceiling for him.
Frank has immense expectations for everyone he brings in.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Please don't assume that unless you know it to be true. That is not helpful.
Might be true but might not. But mant fans will wonder what happened and why he left. The announcement didnt give much information thus leaving it open to speculation.

Could've been anything.

Chill dude. Wasn't blaming Frank at all.... I like coach Martin... It was actually written in jest...... Everyone always gets on to Frank for being so tough so I was making what I thought was a little "funny" ... Totally forgot how sensitive many people are on this board....

Please don't assume that unless you know it to be true. That is not helpful.

Same reply to you...

Chill dude. It was actually was written in jest...... Everyone always gets on to Frank for being so tough so I was making what I thought was a little "funny" ... Totally forgot how sensitive many people are on this board....

I was listening to 107.5 this morning and I know that the Captain was going to chime in on what had happen but I missed what they said. Did anybody get to hear the conversation?

Well this sucks... We are lacking only size on this team right now, we bring in a couple big guys and the biggest one quits without even playing a minute of ball. I hope the young man is OK but let’s be honest- if there is not a legitimate reason for quitting- and none was given in the article or by the OP who knows his Dad... this is a terrible way to go about it. The timing is crippling to our team- if he had just de-committed before signing, the coaches can replace him.. Now we are simply a man down at a position where we were already thin and relying on young players to begin with.

Win anyway! We have enough talent this year for it to be just a blip on the radar but boy could we use another 6’9” forward!

Frank is a relic. He thinks he’s Bobby Knight. Kids today will put up with that only if they win championships.

I agree. I loved Bobby Knight and that coaching style. But kids aren't to put up with getting yelled at and cursed at if the team results don't justify it. Coach K is very hard on his players as well, but they roll with it b/c they know he produces.

No idea why this Iriel kid left the team, but what you say about Frank is true.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Just like in football, basketball is stuck. I don't know why this kid left. Could be a variety of reasons. He was going to be a serviceable player, but let's not act like he was going to be a program changer. Will be another typical season. Maybe win a couple games at home that they shouldn't. Lose a couple that they should. And then pretty much chalk. Then battle for an NIT bid. Mediocrity in the only two sports that really matter are apparently acceptable at USC

I was listening to 107.5 this morning and I know that the Captain was going to chime in on what had happen but I missed what they said. Did anybody get to hear the conversation?
I didn't hear it, but you can be sure he said it three times. In three sentences. With slightly different words each time. But saying the same thing.

Typical of some posters just to find a way to hate on the coach or team
The guy left the team. Things happen
Plus not sure Martin ever uses “ excuses “

I get being ultra supportive of the school and teams, but come on man, Martin has had more players leave the team than graduate. This is one of those times we probably won't know the real reason why he left, but Martin is not free by any stretch from criticism.

Remember in a recent thread other schools lose 5 and 6 players a year. Not overly concerned here. Best of luck to Patrick.
You can post that a thousand times and people won’t listen.

Pat might have helped the team but hoenstly with the short season he might not have had time to develop. This doesn’t drastically affect the way our team approaches games

the most this will hurt is practice. He was not going to be a huge feature for this team

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Same reply to you...

Chill dude. It was actually was written in jest...... Everyone always gets on to Frank for being so tough so I was making what I thought was a little "funny" ... Totally forgot how sensitive many people are on this board....

Is there a doctor on this message board who can prescribe a legal chill pill? Maybe I need one.

Don't look now, but Clemson just signed three 4* players. They are hosting an arguably top 20 recruiting class for 2020. We had a top 100 class with our two 3* rated players. These are guys who were evaluated by the coaching staff as having potential to contribute as players in the SEC, which is a tough league. Now, we are down to one three star recruit for 2020.

I have no idea what happened, nor do I need to know. Guess it is a rude awakening to get pushed around by a guy outweighing you by 30 lbs., and get yelled at in practice, when in high school everything was so easy.

It is up to the coach to have a coaching staff that will keep players satisfied, and attract talented players. People can change if they want to, and do what is necessary to be competitive. Even coaches can change is they have that desire.

Reactions: ddw1263
Is there a doctor on this message board who can prescribe a legal chill pill? Maybe I need one.

Don't look now, but Clemson just signed three 4* players. They are hosting an arguably top 20 recruiting class for 2020. We had a top 100 class with our two 3* rated players. These are guys who were evaluated by the coaching staff as having potential to contribute as players in the SEC, which is a tough league. Now, we are down to one three star recruit for 2020.

I have no idea what happened, nor do I need to know. Guess it is a rude awakening to get pushed around by a guy outweighing you by 30 lbs., and get yelled at in practice, when in high school everything was so easy.

It is up to the coach to have a coaching staff that will keep players satisfied, and attract talented players. People can change if they want to, and do what is necessary to be competitive. Even coaches can change is they have that desire.

I don't know if there is a prescribed pill... but I do know you can buy it in a liquid... 😁😁😁

Let's see how this year works out. We have a legit 7 footer coming back (Leveque) and several other guys who can play inside - rebound and score. Guard play should be a strength. We need to tidy up FT shooting and hit some 3s. Frank is going to have his hands full deciding on a starting lineup with this group.

Woods
Lawson
Bryant
Couisnard
Hannibal
Minaya
Frink
McCreary
Leveque
Benson

Let's see how this year works out. We have a legit 7 footer coming back (Leveque) and several other guys who can play inside - rebound and score. Guard play should be a strength. We need to tidy up FT shooting and hit some 3s. Frank is going to have his hands full deciding on a starting lineup with this group.

Woods
Lawson
Bryant
Couisnard
Hannibal
Minaya
Frink
McCreary
Leveque
Benson

My guess would be
Couisnard
Lawson
Minaya
Frink
Leveque or Bryant

You have to try hard when you've had to come up with as many of these as I have, no two the same.
One syllable rhymes are for simpler times. For no bid to the tournament we might have to rid of the journeyman. Finishing top of the conference yet still losing our confidence.

My guess would be
Couisnard
Lawson
Minaya
Frink
Leveque or Bryant
Has to be Leveque playing the 5- Bryant is like 6’6”! He is more of a 3 than a 4/5.

I don’t think you can NOT start Minaya though, he is such a good defender, rebounder, all around player... He makes us better even when he struggles to knock down shots.

Anybody think Woods gets into the starting lineup? We are kind of returning two guards who are Stars! Any chance we go 3 guards like back in the Mckie/watson/Davis days?

Lawson
Couisinard
Woods
Minaya
Leveque

Maybe?
First ones off the bench:
G= Hannibal
SF= Bryant
PF/C= Fink

On paper, looks like a solid lineup!

Has to be Leveque playing the 5- Bryant is like 6’6”! He is more of a 3 than a 4/5.

I don’t think you can NOT start Minaya though, he is such a good defender, rebounder, all around player... He makes us better even when he struggles to knock down shots.

Anybody think Woods gets into the starting lineup? We are kind of returning two guards who are Stars! Any chance we go 3 guards like back in the Mckie/watson/Davis days?

Lawson
Couisinard
Woods
Minaya
Leveque

Maybe?
First ones off the bench:
G= Hannibal
SF= Bryant
PF/C= Fink

On paper, looks like a solid lineup!
My point wasnt to play Bryant at the 5.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I don't know if there is a prescribed pill... but I do know you can buy it in a liquid... 😁😁😁

If I was a Gamecock fan (which I am), AND I also drank alcohol (which I do not drink), I would really drink in excess. You guys who are moderate drinkers, AND Gamecock fans, I cannot comprehend how you do it. I would never have been able to hold down a job, raise a family etc. these years. Watching the Gamecock tradition play out year after year, with just a glimmer of hope occasionally, and being a drinker would have sent me to the local AA chapter for sure.

If I was a Gamecock fan (which I am), AND I also drank alcohol (which I do not drink), I would really drink in excess. You guys who are moderate drinkers, AND Gamecock fans, I cannot comprehend how you do it. I would never have been able to hold down a job, raise a family etc. these years. Watching the Gamecock tradition play out year after year, with just a glimmer of hope occasionally, and being a drinker would have sent me to the local AA chapter for sure.

Well we started our career with cheap beer & spirits & now most of us can afford the higher end of whiskey (bourbon,crown, etc...) so the hangovers aren’t as bad as they used to be.

It may be a good thing to have an opening. Is it just one spot available?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT