ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

After being awarded a legacy of something award she gave a speech that included a firm commitment to DEI and liberal-think. Although most of her speech was very good, she couldn’t help herself in getting into the liberal gobbledygook.
It happens way too often. I believe she's incentivized to include these talking points. That's how the game works.

Incentivized how?
Kickbacks and favoritism. The progressives have their chosen leaders in many fields who are part of the club. It's well known Hollywood is DEI incentivized and this why much of their content blows today. This extends out to industry leaders. The message is simple -- If you want to stay on top, you need to follow the rules.

After being awarded a legacy of something award she gave a speech that included a firm commitment to DEI and liberal-think. Although most of her speech was very good, she couldn’t help herself in getting into the liberal gobbledygook.

She was giving her opinion. It's good to see.

It's interesting watching people embrace sports stars, pastors, anyone else that gets political and speaks their mind if they agree with them- and at the same time rage at those that have a different opinion.

It's like the old videos of Laura Ingraham on Fox telling Lebron to shut up and dribble and that sports stars need to keep their political opinions to themselves (as if that has ever been a thing in American history- it hasn't) while at the same time promoting athletes with right wing opinions on her show and Fox in general.

She was giving her opinion. It's good to see.

It's interesting watching people embrace sports stars, pastors, anyone else that gets political and speaks their mind if they agree with them- and at the same time rage at those that have a different opinion.

It's like the old videos of Laura Ingraham on Fox telling Lebron to shut up and dribble and that sports stars need to keep their political opinions to themselves (as if that has ever been a thing in American history- it hasn't) while at the same time promoting athletes with right wing opinions on her show and Fox in general.

CNN and FOX News are all but dead Dave. It happened quite awhile ago.

It's public knowledge that Universities and ADs receive grants and additional funding for successfully implementing DEI programs and broadcasting that fact.

It happens way too often. I believe she's incentivized to include these talking points. That's how the game works.
So capitalism at work then?? is that a problem for some folks?? Incentivism is what capitalism is at the end of the day. Just like doing a commercial for some piece of crap product you never use and don't believe in right? Happens every day and by fine people. Nothing to see here. Next...

Last edited:
So capitalism at work then?? is that a problem for some folks?? Incentivism is what capitalism is at the end of the day. Just like doing a commercial for some piece of crap product you never use and don't believe in right? Happens every day and by fine people. Nothing to see here. Next...
That's only part of the equation. It's the DEI component and promoting those who either aren't qualified or less qualified. Ward Jr posted a perfect example from yesterday above.

Reactions: mikeypen
That's only part of the equation. It's the DEI component and promoting those who either aren't qualified or less qualified. Ward Jr posted a perfect example from yesterday above.

Who gets to say someone isn't qualified and have it mean anything?

My 3rd job- which was in the profession I actually wanted to be in (first 2 weren't) was given to me- I found out later- because my supervisor felt like I'd fit in the group better (a group of 4 other white guys with virtually identical backgrounds).

I had no experience in the profession, and he told me I failed his interview questions related to the job pretty badly. I didn't find that out until he was about to retire and we had a going away party and he told each of us in his group something that he had never told us before. I still remember not having a clue in the interview what he had asked me. He actually laughed a bit at a few of my answers-which were funny looking back- but I didn't mean them to be funny- a story I've told to my family too many times.

Dawn picking people based on skin color as usual…..

Nah- I see no evidence of that but she would be one in a very, very, very, very, very long line of people who do every single day without any pushback, without any questions, without any issues.

Who gets to say someone isn't qualified and have it mean anything?

My 3rd job- which was in the profession I actually wanted to be in (first 2 weren't) was given to me- I found out later- because my supervisor felt like I'd fit in the group better (a group of 4 other white guys with virtually identical backgrounds).

I had no experience in the profession, and he told me I failed his interview questions related to the job pretty badly. I didn't find that out until he was about to retire and we had a going away party and he told each of us in his group something that he had never told us before. I still remember not having a clue in the interview what he had asked me. He actually laughed a bit at a few of my answers-which were funny looking back- but I didn't mean them to be funny- a story I've told to my family too many times.

I think most people know choosing someone because of the color of their skin is wrong. It's odd to me that you want to defend it when Staley does it though.

Reactions: ElectricalCock89
That's only part of the equation. It's the DEI component and promoting those who either aren't qualified or less qualified.

DEI doesn't promote people that aren't qualified. That's not what it's about. That's what some right wingers have twisted it into though and mindless folks have bought into it for political purposes.

Plus, DEI is multi-faceted.

At my company, DEI is a very strong program. Has nothing to do with hiring. It's an educational program.
I'll post the DEI topics of our company from a few months ago as an example.

1) Memorial Day Veteran's Program. Veteran's face significant hurdles in securing full time employment after they leave official military service. Come and listen to some of our very own veteran's talk about their experiences, and the challenges they faced in their professional careers after their years of service. They will also give some helpful tips. Most importantly, we will also take time to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

2) Spanish-American Cooking. Did you know that Spain has greatly influenced what Americans eat? This program highlights Spanish influence on American cooking. Find out what dishes you regularly enjoy that were inspired by Spain. We will also provide a few easy recipes for you to try at home. Our special guest will be a popular, local chef.

3) How The Americans with Disabilities Act impacts our workplace. Come and hear from some of our own employees about how things have changed for them, the challenges they still face, and how our efforts can positively impact disabled employees.

4) Mental Health Blues- Studies show mental health challenges can impact anyone but at the same time it also has a disproportionate impact on minorities and minority communities. Come learn about the challenges faced, and the resources available for our employees and their family members as well as how you can help your coworkers and friends.

5) LGBTQ+ & Disability - Members of this community face some of the most significant challenges in accessing available resources. Come here from a fellow employee how to more easily access public and private services, as well as employer sponsored resources.

Reactions: GCDC1959
I think most people know choosing someone because of the color of their skin is wrong. It's odd to me that you want to defend it when Staley does it though.

Never saw any evidence Dawn chooses anyone just based on their skin color. That's because she doesn't.

What I find interesting is that so many middle aged, and older white men sure get upset about what black women do and how they make their choices- which often don't include picking older white men for everything, which some are use to- but will no longer happen given picking the white person every time is no longer a thing.

At my company, DEI is a very strong program. Has nothing to do with hiring. It's an educational program.
I'll post the DEI topics of our company from a few months ago as an example.

oh- I just signed up for this one

1) World Religions. This 10hour session will explore the major world religions, some key similarities and some key differences. We will focus on fostering mutual respect for the different religious views of our employees.

These are very popular at our company. Many of the sessions will have over 300 employees signed in- completely voluntary.

Her recruiting classes would certainly show disparate impact.

so, a white coach who has an almost entirely black team would also be described the same way by you?

(Yes, I'm thinking of several off the top of my head so just wanting to make sure you are entirely consistent)

so, a white coach who has an almost entirely black team would also be described the same way by you?

(Yes, I'm thinking of several off the top of my head so just wanting to make sure you are entirely consistent)

Why are you trying to change the subject?

Your intellectually disingenous argument style is comical.

Why are you trying to change the subject?

Your intellectually disingenous argument style is comical.

I noticed you dodged the question. Let's try again

So, a white coach who has an almost entirely black team would be described the same way by you as focusing just on skin color? Simply seeing how consistent you are. If you aren't consistent, that's worth noting in the discussion.

I noticed you dodged the question. Let's try again

So, a white coach who has an almost entirely black team would be described the same way by you as focusing just on skin color? Simply seeing how consistent you are. If you aren't consistent, that's worth noting in the discussion.

I'm only familiar with Dawn's recruiting. Can you give us the breakdown of her recruiting demographics over the past 15 years compared to the recruiting of her peers?

Her recruiting classes would certainly show disparate impact.

given we won the national title

Why do you want to hurt the team and sign the unqualified to meet some quota that makes you feel better because their skin color is "right" per you.

With 3 national titles, Dawn has proven she recruits the best for our program and team- and she wins with her choices.

given we won the national title

Why do you want to hurt the team and sign the unqualified to meet some quota that makes you feel better because their skin color is "right" per you.

With 3 national titles, Dawn has proven she recruits the best for our program and team- and she wins with her choices.

Shocker, moving the goal posts again. Especially when you're using the argument that people of certain races just aren't good enough for the job...

I also admire the logical fallacy of "if we didn't recruit them that means they aren't good enough to play for us."

I'm only familiar with Dawn's recruiting. Can you give us the breakdown of her recruiting demographics over the past 15 years compared to the recruiting of her peers?

I'm not going to give a 15-year recruiting breakdown to anyone.

It would be easier to name some of the white players she's recruited that didn't come here. But you supposedly don't focus on skin color anyway. LOL, right........

Just for you as I don't pay it any attention, white players we offered for 2024 but didn't land:
Morgan Cheli
Toby Fournier
Kate Koval
Olivia Olson

I' guess we will wait forever on your answer -

So, a white coach who has an almost entirely black team would be described the same way by you as focusing just on skin color? At least you admit you are inconsistent with your lack of an answer.

Shocker, moving the goal posts again. Especially when you're using the argument that people of certain races just aren't good enough for the job...

We won the damn national title. Most basketball players aren't good enough for us. Very few are- and they include white players and black players.

Most of the top players in any class are black. That's a fact. I'm sorry you are upset about that but I really don't care about your feelings.

But the ones we do have- the ones that Dawn signed- won the national title in dominating fashion.

Now, your whining about not enough white players is interesting. It's more interesting that you ignore the white coaches that have almost all black teams.

At least your inconsistent white racial focus is noted. Woe is you.

What you really mean is, "I can't prove my point because the data will prove me wrong."

no, what I mean is I'm not going to take the time to look up 15 years of recruiting data- especially for players that we offered but didn't come here which would likely be impossible to find.

That's unreasonable and everyone knows that.

But no- I don't take orders from anyone.

But I did post 4 white players above that we targeted and offered in 2024 and didn't land. That was easy to find since it's current info. That seems to be more relevant and of course that info, in no way, backs up your ludicrous view.

What you really

Go whine about Dawn not signing enough white players for your liking to someone who cares.

Most of us don't give a damn about the color of their skin as long as we keep winning big. Maybe they'll sign enough white players for you to feel better one day.

Reactions: GreatestCock
no, what I mean is I'm not going to take the time to look up 15 years of recruiting data- especially for players that we offered but didn't come here which would likely be impossible to find.

That's unreasonable and everyone knows that.

But no- I don't take orders from anyone.

But I did post 4 white players above that we targeted and offered in 2024 and didn't land. That was easy to find since it's current info. That seems to be more relevant and of course that info, in no way, backs up your ludicrous view.

Imagine if courts allowed racist employers to say, "Well we tried! People of certain racists just don't want to work for us!"

It's on the organization to recruit better.

Imagine if courts allowed racist employers to say, "Well we tried! People of certain racists just don't want to work for us!"

It's on the organization to recruit better.

Leave it to you to post really stupid, illogical comparisons

Courts don't force employees to work for employers. It's their choice. Courts do care if employers intentionally don't hire people based on their skin color.

But of course none of that applies here.

College basketball teams aren't employers. They are athletic teams.

As I pointed out above and you ignored because you can't stand it, we offered at least 4 white players in 2024 alone (probably more but I got tired of looking up the info).

So in your scenerio:

The court: Your allegation is that Dawn Staley doesn't recruit white players. So what about the 4 white players she offered just for 2024?

You: Well, they don't count.

The court: Why don't they count?

You: They don't count because that undercuts my opinion.

The court: But if she obviously does try to sign white players, that should change your opinion, right?

You: It can't. I don't change my opinion if I think I am right.

The court: Reasonable people change their opinion when they learn new facts, or learn the facts they thought were true, aren't true. Plus, your focus on skin color is interesting. Coach Staley seems to win at the highest level with her recruiting choices. She's proven that. I'm sorry you are upset she doesn't recruit enough white players for you to feel better. Case dismissed. Try to do better son.

So none of your stupid theories make any sense. They aren't rational and don't match up with the facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatestCock
Leave it to you to post really stupid, illogical comparisons

Courts don't force employees to work for employers. It's their choice. Courts do care if employers intentionally don't hire people based on their skin color.

But of course none of that applies here.

College basketball teams aren't employers. They are athletic teams.

As I pointed out above and you ignored because you can't stand it, we offered at least 4 white players in 2024 alone (probably more but I got tired of looking up the info).

So none of your stupid theories make any sense. They aren't rational and don't match up with the facts.

It's a shame you don't realize when you resort to this stupidity it ruins your credibility for every other argument.

It's ok to admit you're wrong at times and that Dawn needs to be more inclusive.

It's a shame you don't realize when you resort to this stupidity it ruins your credibility for every other argument.

It's ok to admit you're wrong at times and that Dawn needs to be more inclusive.

I resort to whatever is needed based on the rationale used by the person I am responding to. Stupidity fits your posts quite well.

I think Dawn Staley needs to keep doing exactly what she's doing. It works fantastically well.

I think most everyone, save a few, are quite happy for you to keep whining that she doesn't sign enough white players to make your sensitive feelings feel better. Most everyone is ok with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT