ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn has a new birdie

The kid doesn't take the school with her. Hell, for all we know the birdie might be still in high school

I am hoping it is Janiah Barker but a bombshell just hit the portal .... Ashley Owusu from Maryland. I never saw that one coming!

Reactions: gamecockblack
I am hoping it is Janiah Barker but a bombshell just hit the portal .... Ashley Owusu from Maryland. I never saw that one coming!
Getting Owusu as a senior would be fantastic. We could lean on her expertise at PG/SG while Raven is developing and healing. I think that she is the type of player that Dawn will go after in the portal...maybe she was the birdie. 😁

Reactions: Cockygirl1976
Getting Owusu as a senior would be fantastic. We could lean on her expertise at PG/SG while Raven is developing and healing. I think that she is the type of player that Dawn will go after in the portal...maybe she was the birdie. 😁
Not really a Dawn type of player, imo. Owusu is not good defensively. Who would she have guarded on UCONN?

But what I do know? I believe she did play for Dawn on the Team USA at the AmeriCup. Although, Dawn doesn't actually pick the roster. Still, they may have made a connection.

Reactions: king ward
Looks like the new birdie isn't Barker according to her IG. But there still potential she could still choose us. One thing I like about her, is that she absolutely hates UConn

Barker = Cambage - happy she claims she's not coming here. Plus, picking a school like GA don't scream SC.

Barker = Cambage - happy she claims she's not coming here. Plus, picking a school like GA don't scream SC.
I don't think that's fair. She's a very passionate player and seems to go hard for her team no matter what. Reminds of A'ja when she's hyped up but all the time. Like I said she still may choose us, but she's just not this birdie.

Last edited:
I don't think that's fair. She's a very passionate player and seems to go hard for her team no matter what. Reminds of A'ja when she's piped up but all the time. Like I said she still may choose us, but she's just not this birdie.
Hey, I may have her pecked wrong - not impossible. But let her be someone else's birdie

Owusu would be a great get for our program. Some how the announcement of a new birdie and Owusu transfer to the portal makes you say oooooookayyyyyy.

I don't think that's fair. She's a very passionate player and seems to go hard for her team no matter what. Reminds of A'ja when she's hyped up but all the time. Like I said she still may choose us, but she's just not this birdie.
Exactly!!! 😎

World Exposure Report is predicting Owusu AND Reese to the Gamecocks.

I am extremely doubtful. Owusu? Maybe for a one year poinnt guard (with limited defensive skills). Reese a forward? Cupboard is full.

Reactions: DarkCock

I am extremely doubtful. Owusu? Maybe for a one year poinnt guard (with limited defensive skills). Reese a forward? Cupboard is full.
I can see it. Amihere shows flashes, but do you really trust her as an every night starter? Bringing both of those brings in experience at the two positions where we have starters leaving.

This can happen. We were in her final selection - but as of right now it's just a rumor

And no I don't trust Aimhere to start one iota. I'd love Reese.

Last edited:

This can happen. We were in her final selection - but as of right now it's just a rumor

And know I don't trust Aimhere to start one iota. I'd love Reese.
Someone noted on Twitter about the coat with it hitting 80° today. This is most likely from Maryland's trip to Columbia earlier this year.

That acct predicted Cardoso to UCONN last season

Wesolek's probably leaving. I'll be glad if she is. We need to start sliming the branches down and there was no need to come back to sit on a bench. She got a education, 2 SEC rings and a National - she's straight!

Last edited:
The last transfer from GT was also a guard who helped Dawn get her first national championship.

Last edited:
Reactions: roosterbell
I saw the team get honored at the State House yesterday. Every USC alumni in the Senate ( and there are lots in both chambers ) had to give a speech. The event lasted almost two hours. Boston's extensions are now green and matched her green dress perfectly. When you dress these women up they look terrific and a far cry from how they look on the court.

I saw the team get honored at the State House yesterday. Every USC alumni in the Senate ( and there are lots in both chambers ) had to give a speech. The event lasted almost two hours. Boston's extensions are now green and matched her green dress perfectly. When you dress these women up they look terrific and a far cry from how they look on the court.
There are several that look good on court. and i mean that every way imaginable.

Reactions: GamecockWarrior
When you dress these women up they look terrific and a far cry from how they look on the court.
Well, that' true - but not unusual. Most people don't look their best in a basketball uniform with athletic gear on.

My wife made that comment though seeing the tv news reports- about how stunning some of them looked- I agreed.

Reactions: mavcock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT