ADVERTISEMENT

Demanding a Top notch QB for 2022

I don’t blame Beamer that we had to start a graduate assistant at QB. That’s not normal. We have been in this boat since 2015. yes- our recruiters have sucked BAD.

Reactions: 92Pony
The fans need to hold Beamer and his staff accountable if we do not receive a Top notch QB for 2022 to move this program forward. What are they doing today to make that happen? Who are they really hard after? Tried of excuses. Find a QB who can change our program.
What Beamer going to do,hold a gun to their head and make them sign?

Sometimes adults demand better. No need to stomp. Just use your feet to get away from games.
Well, I mean don't we all want to have talented athletes here on a yearly basis? I've never heard anyone say, "no, I don't want that 5-star player". I'm sure the coaching staff wants them. So I don't understand the "demand it" part. Unless its to mean something else, such as cheating and rule breaking in order to secure the talent.

Reactions: lakemurraycock1
Hey genius....you're the troll who posted dozens of times how Brown was going to be the guy.

How's that working out for you?

This is what I thought I remembered too. Then he cried about people "attacking" him if they disagreed.

It's obvious this isn't a sincere poster. I wouldn't say troll, because I don't think he's elevated to that level.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I don’t blame Beamer that we had to start a graduate assistant at QB. That’s not normal. We have been in this boat since 2015. yes- our recruiters have sucked BAD.

Yes, it's not Beamer's fault we're in the boat we're in. I'd expect to see a real impact in recruiting in his 2nd recruiting class in 2023. 2022 is his first shot to put a class together here and he wasn't left with much to work with.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I don’t think demanding better requires anything close to a child’s tantrum. It’s simply a matter of deciding “I’m not happy with the state of Gamecock football. Therefore, I’m not going to act like I am. I won’t donate money and I won’t go to games. Get this crap fixed and I’ll gladly come back.”
Add "And I'm not going to bitch and moan endlessly on message boards about it" and you're on to something.

Reactions: myrtlecock
I don’t think demanding better requires anything close to a child’s tantrum. It’s simply a matter of deciding “I’m not happy with the state of Gamecock football. Therefore, I’m not going to act like I am. I won’t donate money and I won’t go to games. Get this crap fixed and I’ll gladly come back.”

Well, it's pretty silly to come to a forum and state "demands" to a bunch of people who have nothing to do with it. It would be like me going into McDonald's and demanding better service at the grocery store.

Sure, we all want a 5* QB. There's nothing novel about that.

The fans need to hold Beamer and his staff accountable if we do not receive a Top notch QB for 2022 to move this program forward.Any suggestions as to how the fans can hold the staff accountable ?

What are they doing today to make that happen? I heard of a new tool that they use called recruiting.

Who are they really hard after? Damnit, they wouldn't tell me.

Tried of excuses. Find a QB who can change our program. If only someone had this thought before, we could have avoided this whole mess.

OP seems like a real bright bulb to me.
get-smart-maxwell-smart.gif

The Portal is the answer.

Eh, as Saban said, the portal will only result in the rich getting richer. Transfers will largely mimic recruiting. You may have some top recruits from top tier schools drop down to second tier schools, but they won't drop all the way down to us.

Reactions: Judson1
Eh, as Saban said, the portal will only result in the rich getting richer. Transfers will largely mimic recruiting. You may have some top recruits from top tier schools drop down to second tier schools, but they won't drop all the way down to us.
Yep. Kind of like Georgia getting D. Kendrick. They could use a CB. And he wanted to play somewhere that had something to play for (title).

Add "And I'm not going to bitch and moan endlessly on message boards about it" and you're on to something.
I can agree on the “endlessly” part. But, if the consumer simply disappears and doesn’t let the people who provide the product know why they’ve disappeared, the message is lost.
Many of us have been saying for years now: if more people would withdraw their financial support, communicate to Ray, the BOT, and the University President WHY, the $ message might get through and bring about change.

True. But you can always count on his stalker to follow him around too.
There's literally nothing positive right now but special teams. I've watched our games and our edge rushing defense is extremely suspect. They've looked good against cupcakes so far and thats about it. If they shut down UT then we might actually have something. As for the stalker...dude never posts anything until I do and then poof...there he is. LoL

How many are already on there roster?
You said that they had "two five stars committed with possibly a third." Rivals has Gunner as a 5-star, but not 247, and that's there only QB for 2022.....and I'm sure you know why we lost him. They had no QBs committed for 2023. Where is the other "5-star commitment and the possible third"?

Last edited:
Well, what have you done to improve the roster and turn us into a winner?
I have voiced my concerns to the administration. in 2019 (pre pandemic) I also stopped my giving at Golden Spur level and cancelled my club level tickets. Meanwhile, you keep being a LOSER!!!

These Coaches make to much money not to recruit a stub at QB. People like you hold the program back because you don't demand better.
No, he's realistic. With social media and message boards and all the other crap available to these kids these days it's not like they can be fleeced into coming to a school that they don't think is going to be a good fit for them. At the end of the day you can't force a top-notch kid here if he doesn't want to be here.

Not a flame but just why does anybody think a 5* any position player would come here?? For that matter, why does anybody think a 5* coach would come here? The gulf between the haves and have nots in CFB has never been greater in my opinion. From what I have seen so far this season, there is UGa and Bama and then the next echelon and so forth as you go down. The portal has only exacerbated what was already a problem. The fix would be to lower scholly numbers, if parity is a goal. That would stop teams from bank rolling 5 stars. Doubt it happens. This is likely the new normal.

Reactions: rogue cock
I have voiced my concerns to the administration. in 2019 (pre pandemic) I also stopped my giving at Golden Spur level and cancelled my club level tickets. Meanwhile, you keep being a LOSER!!!
If that's what you have done I would venture to say that you have hurt this program's chances of getting better much more than you've helped it.

You're welcome to disavow everything to do with the university of South Carolina. But less money coming to the university means less money to spend on recruiting in the things that get the attention of 17-year-old football players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT