ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone listen to P. Orth this morning?

viennacocks

Dec 19, 2011
Said M. Scar was never given a fair shot at the starting QB position in 2016. Not surprising but was surprised to hear him say those words.

He probably won’t get a fair shot to start the A&M game either.
It's possible that an effort will be made to ensure that Jake has one more week to "heal completely".;) It would take the stigma off not starting, if that's the way they want to go.

A&M will be a tougher nut to crack. Their defense will be better than the one we just saw.

Reactions: Cockopotamus
This is not good news. Scar can play. Not saying he's better than Jake but how would we know? I hope this new QB coach is monitoring this closely and makes the correct recommendations. I still think Dak can play QB here- I'm cool with a red-shirt but I think his athleticism demands a long look.

I also believe this time on the sidelines could really benefit Jake and make him a better QB. We'll see.

Whatever QB is back there could really benefit from a great running game. I like our backs but we REALLY need to bring in a gamebreaker to hand the ball to.

I’m as big of a Muschamp fan as anyone but if he starts playing favorites that is really bad news.
This is just my guess / speculation. I could be 100% wrong. Champ doesn't know QB's / offenses. He likely made the decision based on Roper's input, not on playing favorites. Keep in mind, Scar did have some injury issues in 2016. Just hard for me to believe that with all the QB issues we had in 2016, he didn't get a shot.

Reactions: PKGinATL
Nepotism is why he never got a real shot. You'll never convince me otherwise. I know what I saw Saturday and every time he played in the spring game. When you leave a QB in that keeps turning the ball over that says a lot. Even Dabo isn't dumb enough to start his son just because he's his son.

From the injury report, sounds like Jake is likely going to start. It's going to get ugly with the fan base if Jake looks like the Jake we have watched most of the year.
It'll only get ugly if they refuse to pull him when it's obvious he needs to sit. I don't see what it hurts letting Scar have this game and give Jake 2 more weeks to rest his knee. Scar gives us just as good of chance of winning as Jake does.

Nepotism is why he never got a real shot. You'll never convince me otherwise. I know what I saw Saturday and every time he played in the spring game. When you leave a QB in that keeps turning the ball over that says a lot. Even Dabo isn't dumb enough to start his son just because he's his son.
Even Spurrier with his ego kept his son on the bench.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
It'll only get ugly if they refuse to pull him when it's obvious he needs to sit. I don't see what it hurts letting Scar have this game and give Jake 2 more weeks to rest his knee. Scar gives us just as good of chance of winning as Jake does.
Agreed. I would use the "Jake's not 100%" excuse this week and see what Scar can do. He could always go back to Bentley. If Ryan H. has been told he could come in and start next year, would you believe these coaches if they are not going to give Scar a shot?

They’ve played a favorite for going on 3 years now. This staff was (and is) secure enough that Bobby doesn’t have to worry about losing his job, regardless Jake came here because of him. Michael has the it factor, not like Garcia or Shaw or Taneyhill, but it couldn’t be realized in a couple of mop up series. I think with the rain and JB throwing the soaking wet ball all over the place we lose to Mizzou convincingly.

Jake gets high praise from the media and Muschamp and it makes it tough to make a change even when it's obvious, I hope this ain't the case. Mike looked smooth and poised Jake sometimes panics he should be hit more in practice. I believe Jake is better practice player with no pressure and Mike is a better game time choice. JMO

Jake gets high praise from the media and Muschamp and it makes it tough to make a change even when it's obvious, I hope this ain't the case. Mike looked smooth and poised Jake sometimes panics he should be hit more in practice. I believe Jake is better practice player with no pressure and Mike is a better game time choice. JMO
Had a HS coach say, “some people are 5 o clock guys. Some are 8 o’clock guys”. Bentley I think is more talented, just don’t know about the mental side of it.

Missouri passing D is ranked #116
Texas AM passing D is ranked #96

So overall, Texas AM has a top 25 D statistically while Missouri overall sits in the mid-70's....so going to be a bigger test for Scar and the entire offense come Saturday for sure

(I was sort of curious where these 2 teams ranked, not trying to prove any specific point but figured I'd post the info after looking it up for myself)

Muschamp needs to make his mind up on the starter by tomorrow, I would like whoever he plans to start to get the bulk of the first team reps. saying he doesn't know who is going to start isn't going to give A&M anything to spend more time to prepare for (both qb's are basically the same as far as an offensive game plan). All this does is make the our team's anxiety higher, wondering who is going to lead them Saturday.

I think the coaching staff knows a lot more than the experts in this thread.
When it come to defense, I agree. Not so sure on the offensive side of the ball. I'm sure J.B. looks better in practice. Anyone that watched last week's game has to agree that M.S. looked a lot better than J.B.in games. I would think the coaches (and the fan for certain) want to see if M.S. can validate what we saw last week. With Jake not being 100%, what do we have to lose?

This is not good news. Scar can play. Not saying he's better than Jake but how would we know? .
Well, three coaches, including the one that recruited him, have shown us by not starting him. I mean Orth beat him out. But he's older and more experienced now.

Bentley played poorly against two pretty good defenses. Admittedly, I think at his level he should have played better. Scar played Mizxou - their pass D Is awful. He played very well. However, I don’t know if you could compare.

In mop up duty, Scar fumbled twice and had one pass batted down at KY.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Bentley was better his freshman season since then he has issues handling the hype and big game pressures he's pressing. There was no pressure then.JMO

The staff didn't put a much on him then. We ran a very basic offense with very little decision making required. Jake has amazing physical athleticism/abilities, but I'm not sure if he got the smarts.

Reactions: jimnasium
Jake on the bench, watching and reflecting, will make Jake a better player when he comes back in.

Confident that coach wants to avoid QB controversy. That's probably the reason Scarneccia has not been given a fair shot at the position. If JB starts Sat and throws high balls and holds the ball and takes a sack and stares down receivers and throws a pick, ALL OF WHICH HE HAS DONE, it could get real ugly real quick. Daddy Ball could be a killer of coaches AND the A.D.

Right hand to God, A lot of us may expect more because of the success we had under SOS for a few years, and knows the true potential this program has. But, in 125 years inadequate AD’s, mediocre coaches and assistants,and terrible quarterback play, has never really been any reason for alarm. That’s why I would bet that 65% of this board minimum, would never want to make a change like Oklahoma did the other day, and will also continue to support JB.

Reactions: FightinRooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT