ADVERTISEMENT

Did Joyner Show us What Satterfield was Hoping for in a Healthy Doty?

????? Mac Brown said they gameplanned to stop the run....and simply couldn't do it.
I was only referring to them planning to play against an immobile pocket QB. Of course they wanted to stop us from running the football. In all of our successful games this season we were able to pick up yardage on the ground. Running the football has always been critical for our success.

Without a doubt, Doty (who reportedly was a faster QB than Shaw) was the chosen QB to scheme for this team's strengths/weaknesses, but with his nagging injury, Satterfield had to adjust for Zeb instead. And a less than 100% healthy Harris didn't help matters with a below average blocking O-line and a less than mobile QB taking the majority of the snaps.

I know it's one game but for the moment, I believe we saw what Satterfield can do with a QB who can make plays with his legs.
The short answer is absolutely… there will be a ton of posters who want to be right instead of wanting what COULD be best for the program. The o was designed around a DUEL threat QB, not a qb with mobility a la JB, but a true dual threat. We had little to no proven talent at Wr and with DKs athleticism it was not necessarily wrong to try and develop him at WR. Won’t go into all the details and weeds but again IMHO then answer is yes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT